Rate this topic

Guest guest

Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

By Emily Murray

Issue date: 10/23/08 Section: Blogs

Print Email

Article Tools

Page 1 of 1

Media Credit: Photos.comWhen I tell people I'm a vegan, I get a wide variety of reactions. Generally, the questions include things like, "why?Don't you miss cheeseburgers?" But I am here to clear the air and, hopefully, shed some light on this dietary decision.Let me first start of by saying I am a big believer that people should do what's right from them, not what anyone else believes is right. This also holds true when people decide what to nourish their own bodies with. I have no problem with people eating meat if that's what is best for them morally and physically. I'm a server at a steakhouse, so really, who am I to look down on anyone for consuming it? Last week at the restaurant, I caused quite a disturbance when I brought in a can of faux chicken noodle soup. My co-workers went crazy when I tried to explain to them that it wasn't real chicken,

but it still tasted great. They were so intrigued they couldn't stop smelling it and looking at it suspiciously. Everyone was quick to judge, but no one would even try it. Yes, you may find the choice to be slightly out of the ordinary but it's not that absurd when you really think about it. Much of the food is good tasting and healthy, too. All right now let's address the health benefits of being a vegetarian/vegan. They include things like weight loss, lower cholesterol and blood pressure and less use of medication. Like any other diet change, it must be supplemented with the essential vitamins and nutrients to make it effective, but the idea that a life without meat cannot be a healthy life is a fallacy. Still not convinced? Here's an abbreviated list of vegan celebrities. Brian Bell, musician of Weezer; Cedric Bixler-Zavala, singer of The Mars Volta; Daniel Johns, musician of Silverchair; Davey Havok, singer of AFI;

Fiona Apple, singer and songwriter.So I'm not asking you to go meatless if it's not in your best interest, but just try to understand why those who go vegetarian/vegan do it, and as long as they are not harassing you about your choice not to follow this lifestyle, then try to accept theirs. Cheers!

Peter vv

guess i shouldn't mention the times i've seen Davey Havoc eating cheese...hahahahahahah

Peter VV Oct 25, 2008 7:33 AM Re: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

By Emily Murray

Print Email Article Tools

Page 1 of 1

Media Credit: Photos.comWhen I tell people I'm a vegan, I get a wide variety of reactions. Generally, the questions include things like, "why?Don't you miss cheeseburgers?" But I am here to clear the air and, hopefully, shed some light on this dietary decision.Let me first start of by saying I am a big believer that people should do what's right from them, not what anyone else believes is right. This also holds true when people decide what to nourish their own bodies with. I have no problem with people eating meat if that's what is best for them morally and physically. I'm a server at a steakhouse, so really, who am I to look down on anyone for consuming it? Last week at the restaurant, I caused quite a disturbance when I brought in a can of faux chicken noodle soup. My co-workers went crazy when I tried to explain to them that it wasn't real chicken, but it still tasted great. They were so intrigued they couldn't stop smelling it and looking at it suspiciously. Everyone was quick to judge, but no one would even try it. Yes, you may find the choice to be slightly out of the ordinary but it's not that absurd when you really think about it. Much of the food is good tasting and healthy, too. All right now let's address the health benefits of being a vegetarian/vegan. They include things like weight loss, lower cholesterol and blood pressure and less use of medication. Like any other diet change, it must be supplemented with the essential vitamins and nutrients to make it effective, but the idea that a life without meat cannot be a healthy life is a fallacy. Still not convinced? Here's an abbreviated list of vegan celebrities. Brian Bell, musician of Weezer; Cedric Bixler-Zavala, singer of The Mars Volta; Daniel Johns, musician of Silverchair; Davey Havok, singer of AFI; Fiona Apple, singer and songwriter.So I'm not asking you to go meatless if it's not in your best interest, but just try to understand why those who go vegetarian/vegan do it, and as long as they are not harassing you about your choice not to follow this lifestyle, then try to accept theirs. Cheers!

Peter vv

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

Vegan cheese?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Sunday, 26 October, 2008 2:46:58 AMRe: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

guess i shouldn't mention the times i've seen Davey Havoc eating cheese...hahahahaha hah

Peter VV Oct 25, 2008 7:33 AM @gro ups.com Re: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

By Emily Murray

Page 1 of 1

Media Credit: Photos.comWhen I tell people I'm a vegan, I get a wide variety of reactions. Generally, the questions include things like, "why?Don't you miss cheeseburgers? " But I am here to clear the air and, hopefully, shed some light on this dietary decision.Let me first start of by saying I am a big believer that people should do what's right from them, not what anyone else believes is right. This also holds true when people decide what to nourish their own bodies with. I have no problem with people eating meat if that's what is best for them morally and physically. I'm a server at a steakhouse, so really, who am I to look down on anyone for consuming it? Last week at the restaurant, I caused quite a disturbance when I brought in a can of faux chicken noodle soup. My co-workers went crazy when I tried to explain to them that it wasn't real chicken,

but it still tasted great. They were so intrigued they couldn't stop smelling it and looking at it suspiciously. Everyone was quick to judge, but no one would even try it. Yes, you may find the choice to be slightly out of the ordinary but it's not that absurd when you really think about it. Much of the food is good tasting and healthy, too. All right now let's address the health benefits of being a vegetarian/vegan. They include things like weight loss, lower cholesterol and blood pressure and less use of medication. Like any other diet change, it must be supplemented with the essential vitamins and nutrients to make it effective, but the idea that a life without meat cannot be a healthy life is a fallacy. Still not convinced? Here's an abbreviated list of vegan celebrities. Brian Bell, musician of Weezer; Cedric Bixler-Zavala, singer of The Mars Volta; Daniel Johns, musician of Silverchair; Davey Havok, singer of AFI;

Fiona Apple, singer and songwriter.So I'm not asking you to go meatless if it's not in your best interest, but just try to understand why those who go vegetarian/vegan do it, and as long as they are not harassing you about your choice not to follow this lifestyle, then try to accept theirs. Cheers!

Peter vv

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Mark Twain

i wouldn't have mentioned it if it was, now would i have?

as an aside, that's one band that i just can't fathom how they changed so much..

ah well..life revolves onward....

Peter VV Oct 26, 2008 10:20 AM Re: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

Vegan cheese?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Sunday, 26 October, 2008 2:46:58 AMRe: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

guess i shouldn't mention the times i've seen Davey Havoc eating cheese...hahahahaha hah

Peter VV Oct 25, 2008 7:33 AM @gro ups.com Re: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

By Emily Murray

Page 1 of 1

Media Credit: Photos.comWhen I tell people I'm a vegan, I get a wide variety of reactions. Generally, the questions include things like, "why?Don't you miss cheeseburgers? " But I am here to clear the air and, hopefully, shed some light on this dietary decision.Let me first start of by saying I am a big believer that people should do what's right from them, not what anyone else believes is right. This also holds true when people decide what to nourish their own bodies with. I have no problem with people eating meat if that's what is best for them morally and physically. I'm a server at a steakhouse, so really, who am I to look down on anyone for consuming it? Last week at the restaurant, I caused quite a disturbance when I brought in a can of faux chicken noodle soup. My co-workers went crazy when I tried to explain to them that it wasn't real chicken, but it still tasted great. They were so intrigued they couldn't stop smelling it and looking at it suspiciously. Everyone was quick to judge, but no one would even try it. Yes, you may find the choice to be slightly out of the ordinary but it's not that absurd when you really think about it. Much of the food is good tasting and healthy, too. All right now let's address the health benefits of being a vegetarian/vegan. They include things like weight loss, lower cholesterol and blood pressure and less use of medication. Like any other diet change, it must be supplemented with the essential vitamins and nutrients to make it effective, but the idea that a life without meat cannot be a healthy life is a fallacy. Still not convinced? Here's an abbreviated list of vegan celebrities. Brian Bell, musician of Weezer; Cedric Bixler-Zavala, singer of The Mars Volta; Daniel Johns, musician of Silverchair; Davey Havok, singer of AFI; Fiona Apple, singer and songwriter.So I'm not asking you to go meatless if it's not in your best interest, but just try to understand why those who go vegetarian/vegan do it, and as long as they are not harassing you about your choice not to follow this lifestyle, then try to accept theirs. Cheers!

Peter vv

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Mark Twain

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

Aw your only jealous because he looks better in eye liner than you do!!!!

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Sunday, 26 October, 2008 5:30:34 PMRe: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

as an aside, that's one band that i just can't fathom how they changed so much..

Peter VV Oct 26, 2008 10:20 AM @gro ups.com Re: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

Vegan cheese?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comSunday, 26 October, 2008 2:46:58 AMRe: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

By Emily Murray

Page 1 of 1

Media Credit: Photos.comWhen I tell people I'm a vegan, I get a wide variety of reactions. Generally, the questions include things like, "why?Don't you miss cheeseburgers? " But I am here to clear the air and, hopefully, shed some light on this dietary decision.Let me first start of by saying I am a big believer that people should do what's right from them, not what anyone else believes is right. This also holds true when people decide what to nourish their own bodies with. I have no problem with people eating meat if that's what is best for them morally and physically. I'm a server at a steakhouse, so really, who am I to look down on anyone for consuming it? Last week at the restaurant, I caused quite a disturbance when I brought in a can of faux chicken noodle soup. My co-workers went crazy when I tried to explain to them that it wasn't real chicken,

Peter vv

you've never seen me in eyeliner, so how would you know then, eh?

and let me tell you, finding vegan eyeliner can be a pain in the butt......

Peter VV Oct 26, 2008 10:38 AM Re: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Sunday, 26 October, 2008 5:30:34 PMRe: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

Peter VV Oct 26, 2008 10:20 AM @gro ups.com Re: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

Vegan cheese?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comSunday, 26 October, 2008 2:46:58 AMRe: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

By Emily Murray

Page 1 of 1

Media Credit: Photos.comWhen I tell people I'm a vegan, I get a wide variety of reactions. Generally, the questions include things like, "why?Don't you miss cheeseburgers? " But I am here to clear the air and, hopefully, shed some light on this dietary decision.Let me first start of by saying I am a big believer that people should do what's right from them, not what anyone else believes is right. This also holds true when people decide what to nourish their own bodies with. I have no problem with people eating meat if that's what is best for them morally and physically. I'm a server at a steakhouse, so really, who am I to look down on anyone for consuming it? Last week at the restaurant, I caused quite a disturbance when I brought in a can of faux chicken noodle soup. My co-workers went crazy when I tried to explain to them that it wasn't real chicken, but it still tasted great. They were so intrigued they couldn't stop smelling it and looking at it suspiciously. Everyone was quick to judge, but no one would even try it. Yes, you may find the choice to be slightly out of the ordinary but it's not that absurd when you really think about it. Much of the food is good tasting and healthy, too. All right now let's address the health benefits of being a vegetarian/vegan. They include things like weight loss, lower cholesterol and blood pressure and less use of medication. Like any other diet change, it must be supplemented with the essential vitamins and nutrients to make it effective, but the idea that a life without meat cannot be a healthy life is a fallacy. Still not convinced? Here's an abbreviated list of vegan celebrities. Brian Bell, musician of Weezer; Cedric Bixler-Zavala, singer of The Mars Volta; Daniel Johns, musician of Silverchair; Davey Havok, singer of AFI; Fiona Apple, singer and songwriter.So I'm not asking you to go meatless if it's not in your best interest, but just try to understand why those who go vegetarian/vegan do it, and as long as they are not harassing you about your choice not to follow this lifestyle, then try to accept theirs. Cheers!

Peter vv

Mark Twain

In the UK we have quite a few - Beauty Without Cruelty in health shops.

Jo

-

fraggle

Sunday, October 26, 2008 6:05 PM

Re: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Sunday, 26 October, 2008 5:30:34 PMRe: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

Vegan cheese?

Peter vv

By Emily Murray

Page 1 of 1

Peter vv

the ones over here tend to clump a lot...

thats what they tell me anyways....

"jo.heartwork" Oct 27, 2008 6:23 AM Re: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

Jo

-

fraggle

Peter vv

Vegan cheese?

Peter vv

By Emily Murray

Page 1 of 1

Peter vv

Mark Twain

They may well do here - I haven't used makeup for years.

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, October 27, 2008 5:29 PM

the ones over here tend to clump a lot...

thats what they tell me anyways....

"jo.heartwork" Oct 27, 2008 6:23 AM Re: Why being a vegan isn't all that weird

Jo

-

fraggle

Peter vv

Vegan cheese?

Peter vv

By Emily Murray

Page 1 of 1

Peter vv