IndiaDivine.org

voting.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i already voted absentee...cuts out the lines.

supposed to be long lines everywhere, and supposed to be worse tomorrow.

don't even want to comment on the shenanigans that will probably pop up.

your boss HAS to give you time to vote. its a federal law.

fraggle

flower child Nov 3, 2008 7:47 AM voting.

Yesterday (sunday) I had a headache and stayed home with my 5 year old little boy and my husband went to vote with our other little boy 10 years old.He came back five hours later!!I haven't voted yet, I want to give my support to baroak obama and I'm worried that on nov 4. my boss is not about to let me leave for five hours just to vote. Has anyone else experienced this? It seems so unprofessional and inefficient to have to wait so long to vote. I hope this does not happen on Tuesday. We vote here at our local library. or we could vote at the nearby church or nearby elememtary school. My husband thought the library would be fastest. When he got there the parking lot was completly full, so he had to park by the cow pastures and left his car near a horse stable. He said that he waited two hours just to enter the library. The line wrapped around the building and inside the line wrapped around the bookshelves!!My little boy was reading books for those hours and he listened to the political arguments of the people on line. I guess he will remember the election of 2008 for the rest of his life!Anouk

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

Good for you! I guess I should have done that. However I am distrustful

here in florida since the Christine Jennings incident where thousands

of votes were " lost " and I'm not sure if mine was counted.

Thanks. I didn't know it was a federal law.

Anouk

hi, check up on your state's voting rights law here:http://employmentlawpost.com/theword/2008/10/15/time-off-to-vote-for-employees-a-state-by-state-survey-2/

in colorado, as a county employee, my wife gets the entire day off, with pay. i get it too, but not with pay....since i'm unemployed anyway! ;^)regardsblake

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 8:47 AM, flower child <zurumato wrote:

Yesterday (sunday) I had a headache and stayed home with my 5 year

old little boy and my husband went to vote with our other little boy

10 years old.

He came back five hours later!!

I haven't voted yet, I want to give my support to baroak obama and

I'm worried that on nov 4. my boss is not about to let me leave for

five hours just to vote.

Has anyone else experienced this? It seems so unprofessional and

inefficient to have to wait so long to vote. I hope this does not

happen on Tuesday.

We vote here at our local library. or we could vote at the nearby

church or nearby elememtary school. My husband thought the library

would be fastest.

When he got there the parking lot was completly full, so he had to

park by the cow pastures and left his car near a horse stable. He

said that he waited two hours just to enter the library. The line

wrapped around the building and inside the line wrapped around the

bookshelves!!

My little boy was reading books for those hours and he listened to

the political arguments of the people on line. I guess he will

remember the election of 2008 for the rest of his life!

Anouk

welcome to the world of unemployment!

Blake Wilson Nov 3, 2008 8:45 AM Re: voting.

hi, check up on your state's voting rights law here:http://employmentlawpost.com/theword/2008/10/15/time-off-to-vote-for-employees-a-state-by-state-survey-2/in colorado, as a county employee, my wife gets the entire day off, with pay. i get it too, but not with pay....since i'm unemployed anyway! ;^)regardsblake

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 8:47 AM, flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

Yesterday (sunday) I had a headache and stayed home with my 5 year old little boy and my husband went to vote with our other little boy 10 years old.He came back five hours later!!I haven't voted yet, I want to give my support to baroak obama and I'm worried that on nov 4. my boss is not about to let me leave for five hours just to vote. Has anyone else experienced this? It seems so unprofessional and inefficient to have to wait so long to vote. I hope this does not happen on Tuesday. We vote here at our local library. or we could vote at the nearby church or nearby elememtary school. My husband thought the library would be fastest. When he got there the parking lot was completly full, so he had to park by the cow pastures and left his car near a horse stable. He said that he waited two hours just to enter the library. The line wrapped around the building and inside the line wrapped around the bookshelves!!My little boy was reading books for those hours and he listened to the political arguments of the people on line. I guess he will remember the election of 2008 for the rest of his life!Anouk

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

i wouldn't be certain ANYONES vote was safe, no matter how it was cast or where.

flower child Nov 3, 2008 8:41 AM Re: voting.

Good for you! I guess I should have done that. However I am distrustfulhere in florida since the Christine Jennings incident where thousands of votes were "lost" and I'm not sure if mine was counted.Thanks. I didn't know it was a federal law.Anouk

Mark Twain

i interviewed to work at the local ski resort for the summer. they all thought i was overqualified.....to operate a chair lift?;^)blake On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 9:52 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Blake Wilson Nov 3, 2008 8:45 AM

Re: voting.

hi, check up on your state's voting rights law here:http://employmentlawpost.com/theword/2008/10/15/time-off-to-vote-for-employees-a-state-by-state-survey-2/

in colorado, as a county employee, my wife gets the entire day off, with pay. i get it too, but not with pay....since i'm unemployed anyway! ;^)regardsblake

Yesterday (sunday) I had a headache and stayed home with my 5 year old little boy and my husband went to vote with our other little boy 10 years old.He came back five hours later!!I haven't voted yet, I want to give my support to baroak obama and

I'm worried that on nov 4. my boss is not about to let me leave for five hours just to vote. Has anyone else experienced this? It seems so unprofessional and inefficient to have to wait so long to vote. I hope this does not

happen on Tuesday. We vote here at our local library. or we could vote at the nearby church or nearby elememtary school. My husband thought the library would be fastest. When he got there the parking lot was completly full, so he had to

park by the cow pastures and left his car near a horse stable. He said that he waited two hours just to enter the library. The line wrapped around the building and inside the line wrapped around the bookshelves!!

My little boy was reading books for those hours and he listened to the political arguments of the people on line. I guess he will remember the election of 2008 for the rest of his life!Anouk

For in a Republic, who is "the country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

wanna come over and hang out?

hahahahah

we can brew beer

play D & D

hahahahahaha

oh unemployment is starting to suck!

tho, the dogs like it..they get more walkies

Blake Wilson Nov 3, 2008 9:09 AM Re: voting.

i interviewed to work at the local ski resort for the summer. they all thought i was overqualified.....to operate a chair lift?;^)blake

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 9:52 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

hi, check up on your state's voting rights law here:http://employmentlawpost.com/theword/2008/10/15/time-off-to-vote-for-employees-a-state-by-state-survey-2/in colorado, as a county employee, my wife gets the entire day off, with pay. i get it too, but not with pay....since i'm unemployed anyway! ;^)regardsblake

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 8:47 AM, flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

For in a Republic, who is "the country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Mark Twain

Mark Twain

brewing beer sounds fine...will it be ready right after we've brewed it...or during? ;^)never played any D and D. too busy with guitars, i guess....blake On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 10:27 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

wanna come over and hang out?

hahahahah

we can brew beer

play D & D

hahahahahaha

oh unemployment is starting to suck!

tho, the dogs like it..they get more walkies

Blake Wilson Nov 3, 2008 9:09 AM

i interviewed to work at the local ski resort for the summer. they all thought i was overqualified.....to operate a chair lift?;^)blake

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 9:52 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Yesterday (sunday) I had a headache and stayed home with my 5 year old little boy and my husband went to vote with our other little boy 10 years old.He came back five hours later!!I haven't voted yet, I want to give my support to baroak obama and

I'm worried that on nov 4. my boss is not about to let me leave for five hours just to vote. Has anyone else experienced this? It seems so unprofessional and inefficient to have to wait so long to vote. I hope this does not

happen on Tuesday. We vote here at our local library. or we could vote at the nearby church or nearby elememtary school. My husband thought the library would be fastest. When he got there the parking lot was completly full, so he had to

park by the cow pastures and left his car near a horse stable. He said that he waited two hours just to enter the library. The line wrapped around the building and inside the line wrapped around the bookshelves!!

My little boy was reading books for those hours and he listened to the political arguments of the people on line. I guess he will remember the election of 2008 for the rest of his life!Anouk

For in a Republic, who is " the country " ? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

For in a Republic, who is "the country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain