IndiaDivine.org

vegan banquet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

find out if there are other vegans in yer area. look online, join a local vegan/vegetarian group. look in local colleges and universities.

the internet is your friend

ozb_abarca Nov 23, 2008 2:32 PM vegan banquet

I'm all about meeting new people and I think the beat way to do it is through food : )....so do you think throwing a vegan banquet would me a great thing or what? But how can I get so many vegans together? Nvr mind I think non vegans should go too so they can see what they are missing out...

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

Just invite all your friends and serve the vegan buffet.

Jo

, " ozb_abarca " <ozb_abarca wrote:

>

> I'm all about meeting new people and I think the beat way to do it

is through food : )....so

> do you think throwing a vegan banquet would me a great thing or

what? But how can I

> get so many vegans together? Nvr mind I think non vegans should go

too so they can

> see what they are missing out...

>

• 4 weeks later...

Dont know who she is, only that she is oblviously talking bollocks.......sorry........:(

Actress Bijou Phillips (you may know her from Choke or Hostel II) had some interesting things to say about veganism in a recent interview with the LA Times. The 28-year-old had shed being a vegan that morning and said it made her feel like “she had recovered from a famine.†From the interview,

So you feel all right?

I feel good! I’m sick and I’ve been sick four times since I’ve been vegan and I hadn’t been sick for five years before that. I need to eat food because this isn’t working. Every vegan I know gets sick all the time.

Of course, the actress also says that she’s back to smoking full-time — so good luck with that whole “feeling better†thing. Over on Miami Vegan Blog, writer Inga Ambrosia had this to say about Phillips vegan bash:

Personally, I don’t believe she was vegan the whole time. You should not become vegan to lose weight, that is just a nice side benefit. If you don’t eat healthy, even as a vegan - yes you can get sick. That goes for any diet, even crash diets. This woman exaggerates - she didn’t get sick for five years before being vegan - yea. She needs to contact the CDC, because she’s got the panacea over there.

Ha, well said. Check out the rest of the interview with Phillips here.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-ca-conversation14-2008dec14,0,2901004.story

Peter vv

american actress and model...whatever....

Peter VV Dec 16, 2008 12:57 PM Re: vegan banquet

Dont know who she is, only that she is oblviously talking bollocks.......sorry........:(

Actress Bijou Phillips (you may know her from Choke or Hostel II) had some interesting things to say about veganism in a recent interview with the LA Times. The 28-year-old had shed being a vegan that morning and said it made her feel like “she had recovered from a famine.†From the interview,

So you feel all right?

I feel good! I’m sick and I’ve been sick four times since I’ve been vegan and I hadn’t been sick for five years before that. I need to eat food because this isn’t working. Every vegan I know gets sick all the time.

Of course, the actress also says that she’s back to smoking full-time — so good luck with that whole “feeling better†thing. Over on Miami Vegan Blog, writer Inga Ambrosia had this to say about Phillips vegan bash:

Personally, I don’t believe she was vegan the whole time. You should not become vegan to lose weight, that is just a nice side benefit. If you don’t eat healthy, even as a vegan - yes you can get sick. That goes for any diet, even crash diets. This woman exaggerates - she didn’t get sick for five years before being vegan - yea. She needs to contact the CDC, because she’s got the panacea over there.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-ca-conversation14-2008dec14,0,2901004.story

Peter vv

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

I was thinking about this at work this morning. There is a definite

correspondence between how often people are unwell, and how much

meat/dairy they eat.

Jo

, " natenjade " <lilbugga wrote:

>

> Such crap! I've been a veg since 1992 and I'm rarely sick. My kids

have never eaten meat

> and they are sick the least of all the children we know! Ignorance,

that it!

>

I'm suspecting that she probably was sick all the time because she was desperately trying to lose weight... in the medical profession it's called either Anorexia or Bulemia!BBPeter

2008/12/17 fraggle <EBbrewpunx

american actress and model...whatever....

Peter VV Dec 16, 2008 12:57 PM

Re: vegan banquet

Actress Bijou Phillips (you may know her from Choke or Hostel II) had some interesting things to say about veganism in a recent interview with the LA Times. The 28-year-old had shed being a vegan that morning and said it made her feel like "she had recovered from a famine." From the interview,

So you feel all right?

I feel good! I'm sick and I've been sick four times since I've been vegan and I hadn't been sick for five years before that. I need to eat food because this isn't working. Every vegan I know gets sick all the time.

Of course, the actress also says that she's back to smoking full-time — so good luck with that whole "feeling better" thing. Over on Miami Vegan Blog, writer Inga Ambrosia had this to say about Phillips vegan bash:

Personally, I don't believe she was vegan the whole time. You should not become vegan to lose weight, that is just a nice side benefit. If you don't eat healthy, even as a vegan - yes you can get sick. That goes for any diet, even crash diets. This woman exaggerates - she didn't get sick for five years before being vegan - yea. She needs to contact the CDC, because she's got the panacea over there.

Peter vv

" Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes? "