Dinners?

sleigh rides?

braving shopping malls?

hand made gifts?

skipping naked around a fir tree?

caroling?

wassailing?

yule log?

hiding under the blankets and setting the alarm clock for spring?

what, if anything, do you do or have planned?

plan special get togethers?

planing on having a special vegan meal?

reindeer sighting?

cheers

fraggle

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure

that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Hi FraggleWell, we've just had our first Yule meal, with the Bristol Uni Vegetarian and Vegan society - went to Cafe Maitreya last night with a group of 10, had a fantastic 3 course meal, xmas crackers, party hats and so on.

On Sunday we're getting together with a couple of friends to have a Yule roast... one of my best friends is vegan, but both her fiance and Katy are meat eaters, so we thought if we got together we could justify putting in a bit of an effort to do two proper roast meals, one for the meaties, and one for the veggies!

Then we'll do our usual thing (well, " usual " in the sense we did it last year) of visiting Jo & Colin for the Solstice, and a few days either side, then going to Katy's parents for Xmas and a few days either side... it's quite good to have one set of Pagan & one set of " traditional " parents as we get to do two major festivals in the space of a week! :-)

Then it'll be back to Bristol to recover!BBPeter2008/12/2 fraggle <EBbrewpunx

ok, not really, its sunny and 65F..but,

we are in the midst of Holiday season.

here in the colonies, thanxfernuthin just passed, and of course Black Friday where everyone is supposed to run out and buy something, anything, to prove you love, um, a department store i guess.

Anyways, Hanukkah, Solstice, X-mas, Sol Invictus Day, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, and probably a million other hallmark holidays are decending as the year comes to an end.

so, what do you all do?

I know a bunch of you UKers have x-mas lunches at work

everyone else?

Family?

Dinners?

sleigh rides?

braving shopping malls?

hand made gifts?

skipping naked around a fir tree?

caroling?

wassailing?

yule log?

what, if anything, do you do or have planned?

plan special get togethers?

planing on having a special vegan meal?

reindeer sighting?

cheers

fraggle

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

---

To send an email to -! Groups Links

<*>

/

<*> Your email settings:

Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

/join

( ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

-digest

-fullfeatured

<*>

so, what do you all do?

Family? Dinners?

I do spend time with my huge extended family. We're all a little nutz and each of us seem to have their own odd take on food. To that end all of our meals together are either potluck or at a buffett of some kind. At the very least I don't have a bit of trouble from anyone about being vegan and there's always something I can eat.

sleigh rides?

Nope

braving shopping malls?

I studiously avoid malls and large retail stores between Thanksgiving and a week after New Years. We mostly exchange handmade gifts and money anyway.

skipping naked around a fir tree? caroling? wassailing?

Skipping naked around fir trees sounds like fun, singing carols while about it is doable, and isn't wassailing just another name for drinking? I'd think the wassailing would help facilitate the former.

My favorite thing about the colder weather is that my cat gets cold and wants to crawl under the covers in bed, under the afgan while I'm reading, and against my hip if all else fails. I'm his furnace of choice. Love it.

Hi Fraggle

We started celebrating yesterday evening with a get together with friends. We will be going to a buffet tea with another set of friends. On and around the Solstice Peter & Katy will be with usand we will do a traditional vegan Yule meal. A few days after Christmas our daughter and son in law visit, so we will have another traditional veggie Yule meal. We are supposed to be meeting up with a gang of friends for a walk round Waggoners Wells and tea and cakes at the local cafe in the week after Yule.

I would love to do a sleigh ride but never have.

Haven't braved the shopping mals - thanks to the internet.

Haven't made any gifts.

Wouldn't dance naked anywhere - too cold - too prickly - wouldn't want to frighten the natives.

Caroling - not done for many years but always like to hear carols.

Wassailing - maybe this year - now where was that Morris side diary of events???

Yule log already made and in the freezer.

Might hide under the blankets for a couple of hours extra on the weekends.

Need to go and gather holly, and decorate indoors. When does everyone else decorate???Jo

-

fraggle

vegan chat

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:33 PM

well the weather outside is frightful

ok, not really, its sunny and 65F..but, we are in the midst of Holiday season.here in the colonies, thanxfernuthin just passed, and of course Black Friday where everyone is supposed to run out and buy something, anything, to prove you love, um, a department store i guess. Anyways, Hanukkah, Solstice, X-mas, Sol Invictus Day, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, and probably a million other hallmark holidays are decending as the year comes to an end.so, what do you all do? I know a bunch of you UKers have x-mas lunches at workeveryone else?Family?Dinners?sleigh rides?braving shopping malls?hand made gifts?skipping naked around a fir tree?caroling?wassailing?yule log?hiding under the blankets and setting the alarm clock for spring?what, if anything, do you do or have planned?plan special get togethers?planing on having a special vegan meal?reindeer sighting?cheersfraggleWhat gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.- Mark Twain

ya know, it took me awhile to figure out what the heck you were talking about when you said you put your yule log in the freezer

i had to look it up and see there's a cake made as well thats called a yule

i was all "why are you putting a log in your freezer? does it make it burn longer?"

so, they make vegan yule log cakes? you made it yourself? what's in it? never even seen a yule log cake.

when i lived on the east coast, there used to be a channel on TV that just showed a log burning in a fireplace during x-mas eve and x-mas..hahahaha

"jo.heartwork" Dec 2, 2008 2:36 PM Re: well the weather outside is frightful

Hi Fraggle

We started celebrating yesterday evening with a get together with friends. We will be going to a buffet tea with another set of friends. On and around the Solstice Peter & Katy will be with usand we will do a traditional vegan Yule meal. A few days after Christmas our daughter and son in law visit, so we will have another traditional veggie Yule meal. We are supposed to be meeting up with a gang of friends for a walk round Waggoners Wells and tea and cakes at the local cafe in the week after Yule.

Haven't made any gifts.

Wouldn't dance naked anywhere - too cold - too prickly - wouldn't want to frighten the natives.

Wassailing - maybe this year - now where was that Morris side diary of events???

Need to go and gather holly, and decorate indoors. When does everyone else decorate???Jo

-

fraggle

vegan chat

ok, not really, its sunny and 65F..but, we are in the midst of Holiday season.here in the colonies, thanxfernuthin just passed, and of course Black Friday where everyone is supposed to run out and buy something, anything, to prove you love, um, a department store i guess. Anyways, Hanukkah, Solstice, X-mas, Sol Invictus Day, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, and probably a million other hallmark holidays are decending as the year comes to an end.so, what do you all do? I know a bunch of you UKers have x-mas lunches at workeveryone else?Family?Dinners?sleigh rides?braving shopping malls?hand made gifts?skipping naked around a fir tree?caroling?wassailing?yule log?hiding under the blankets and setting the alarm clock for spring?what, if anything, do you do or have planned?plan special get togethers?planing on having a special vegan meal?reindeer sighting?cheersfraggleWhat gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.- Mark Twain

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

Hi Fraggle

I'm not entirely sure of the origins of the chocolate Yule log, but I think it is quite a modern British invention - I know a lot of people from other countries look a bit blank when things like this come up. I believe originally a "Yule Log" was just a decorated log, but the British being rather keen on our chocolate at Christmas have turned it into something edible! :-)

BB

Peter

-

fraggle

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 4:44 PM

Re: well the weather outside is frightful

ya know, it took me awhile to figure out what the heck you were talking about when you said you put your yule log in the freezer

i was all "why are you putting a log in your freezer? does it make it burn longer?"

so, they make vegan yule log cakes? you made it yourself? what's in it? never even seen a yule log cake.

when i lived on the east coast, there used to be a channel on TV that just showed a log burning in a fireplace during x-mas eve and x-mas..hahahaha

Hi Fraggle

Haven't made any gifts.

-

fraggle

vegan chat

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Mark Twain

LOL

We don't have an open fire, so can't have the original type of Yule log. We always have a Yule log cake though. We make ours ourselves as there aren't any vegan ones in the shops. It's chocolate cake (the non-vegan version is a chocolate Swiss roll) and when we thaw it, we will cover it in chocolate fudgy icing, and dust with icing sugar to make it look like a log with snow on it.

Jo

-

fraggle

Hi Fraggle

Haven't made any gifts.

-

fraggle

vegan chat

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Mark Twain

speaking of frightful weather, tomorrow's forecast:high: 16Ëšlow: 7Ëšseven....only logs around here are getting tossed on the fire.blake On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:12 PM, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:

LOL

We don't have an open fire, so can't have the original type of Yule log. We always have a Yule log cake though. We make ours ourselves as there aren't any vegan ones in the shops. It's chocolate cake (the non-vegan version is a chocolate Swiss roll) and when we thaw it, we will cover it in chocolate fudgy icing, and dust with icing sugar to make it look like a log with snow on it.

Jo

-

fraggle

i was all " why are you putting a log in your freezer? does it make it burn longer? "

" jo.heartwork " Dec 2, 2008 2:36 PM Re: well the weather outside is frightful

Hi Fraggle

Haven't made any gifts.

-

fraggle

vegan chat

For in a Republic, who is "the country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

well, thats what you get for moving to the rockies!!!

hope you surive yer first winter there!

Blake Wilson Dec 3, 2008 5:12 PM Re: well the weather outside is frightful

speaking of frightful weather, tomorrow's forecast:high: 16Ëšlow: 7Ëšseven....only logs around here are getting tossed on the fire.blake

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:12 PM, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork > wrote:

LOL

Jo

-

fraggle

Hi Fraggle

Haven't made any gifts.

-

fraggle

vegan chat

For in a Republic, who is "the country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Mark Twain

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

mmmmm..........Yule Log

, " Peter " <metalscarab wrote:

>

> Hi Fraggle

>

> I'm not entirely sure of the origins of the chocolate Yule log, but

I think it is quite a modern British invention - I know a lot of

people from other countries look a bit blank when things like this

come up. I believe originally a " Yule Log " was just a decorated log,

but the British being rather keen on our chocolate at Christmas have

turned it into something edible! :-)

>

> BB

> Peter

>

>

> -

> fraggle

>

> Wednesday, December 03, 2008 4:44 PM

> Re: well the weather outside is frightful

>

>

> ya know, it took me awhile to figure out what the heck you were

talking about when you said you put your yule log in the freezer

>

> i had to look it up and see there's a cake made as well thats

called a yule

>

> i was all " why are you putting a log in your freezer? does it

make it burn longer? "

>

> so, they make vegan yule log cakes? you made it yourself? what's

in it? never even seen a yule log cake.

>

> when i lived on the east coast, there used to be a channel on TV

that just showed a log burning in a fireplace during x-mas eve and x-

mas..hahahaha

>

>

> " jo.heartwork "

> Dec 2, 2008 2:36 PM

>

> Re: well the weather outside is frightful

>

> 

>

> Hi Fraggle

>

> We started celebrating yesterday evening with a get together

with friends. We will be going to a buffet tea with another set of

friends. On and around the Solstice Peter & Katy will be with usand

we will do a traditional vegan Yule meal. A few days after Christmas

our daughter and son in law visit, so we will have another

traditional veggie Yule meal. We are supposed to be meeting up with

a gang of friends for a walk round Waggoners Wells and tea and cakes

at the local cafe in the week after Yule.

>

> I would love to do a sleigh ride but never have.

> Haven't braved the shopping mals - thanks to the internet.

> Haven't made any gifts.

> Wouldn't dance naked anywhere - too cold - too prickly -

wouldn't want to frighten the natives.

> Caroling - not done for many years but always like to hear

carols.

> Wassailing - maybe this year - now where was that Morris side

diary of events???

> Yule log already made and in the freezer.

> Might hide under the blankets for a couple of hours extra on

the weekends.

>

> Need to go and gather holly, and decorate indoors. When does

everyone else decorate???

>

> Jo

>

>

> -

> fraggle

> vegan chat

> Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:33 PM

> well the weather outside is frightful

>

>

> ok, not really, its sunny and 65F..but,

> we are in the midst of Holiday season.

> here in the colonies, thanxfernuthin just passed, and of

course Black Friday where everyone is supposed to run out and buy

something, anything, to prove you love, um, a department store i

guess.

> Anyways, Hanukkah, Solstice, X-mas, Sol Invictus Day,

Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, and probably a million other hallmark holidays

are decending as the year comes to an end.

>

> so, what do you all do?

> I know a bunch of you UKers have x-mas lunches at work

> everyone else?

> Family?

> Dinners?

> sleigh rides?

> braving shopping malls?

> hand made gifts?

> skipping naked around a fir tree?

> caroling?

> wassailing?

> yule log?

> hiding under the blankets and setting the alarm clock for

spring?

>

> what, if anything, do you do or have planned?

>

> plan special get togethers?

>

> planing on having a special vegan meal?

>

> reindeer sighting?

>

> cheers

> fraggle

>

> What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's

what we know for sure that just ain't so.

> - Mark Twain

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government

which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely

a servant†" merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative

to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a

patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not

originate them.

> Mark Twain

>

Is this 7 fahrenheit or 7 centigrade?

Jo

, " Blake Wilson " <mbw wrote:

>

> speaking of frightful weather, tomorrow's forecast:

>

> high: 16Ëš

> low: 7Ëš

>

> seven....

>

> only logs around here are getting tossed on the fire.

>

> blake

>

>

> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:12 PM, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork

wrote:

>

> > 

> > LOL

> >

> > We don't have an open fire, so can't have the original type of

Yule log.

> > We always have a Yule log cake though. We make ours ourselves as

there

> > aren't any vegan ones in the shops. It's chocolate cake (the non-

vegan

> > version is a chocolate Swiss roll) and when we thaw it, we will

cover it in

> > chocolate fudgy icing, and dust with icing sugar to make it look

like a log

> > with snow on it.

> >

> > Jo

> >

> >

> > -

> > ** fraggle <EBbrewpunx

> > *To:*

> > *Sent:* Wednesday, December 03, 2008 4:44 PM

> > *Subject:* Re: well the weather outside is frightful

> >

> > ya know, it took me awhile to figure out what the heck you were

talking

> > about when you said you put your yule log in the freezer

> >

> > i had to look it up and see there's a cake made as well thats

called a yule

> >

> > i was all " why are you putting a log in your freezer? does it

make it burn

> > longer? "

> >

> > so, they make vegan yule log cakes? you made it yourself? what's

in it?

> > never even seen a yule log cake.

> >

> > when i lived on the east coast, there used to be a channel on TV

that just

> > showed a log burning in a fireplace during x-mas eve and x-

mas..hahahaha

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > " jo.heartwork "

> > Dec 2, 2008 2:36 PM

> >

> > Re: well the weather outside is frightful

> >

> > 

> > Hi Fraggle

> >

> > We started celebrating yesterday evening with a get together with

friends.

> > We will be going to a buffet tea with another set of friends. On

and around

> > the Solstice Peter & Katy will be with usand we will do a

traditional vegan

> > Yule meal. A few days after Christmas our daughter and son in

law visit, so

> > we will have another traditional veggie Yule meal. We are

supposed to be

> > meeting up with a gang of friends for a walk round Waggoners

Wells and tea

> > and cakes at the local cafe in the week after Yule.

> >

> > I would love to do a sleigh ride but never have.

> > Haven't braved the shopping mals - thanks to the internet.

> > Haven't made any gifts.

> > Wouldn't dance naked anywhere - too cold - too prickly - wouldn't

want to

> > frighten the natives.

> > Caroling - not done for many years but always like to hear carols.

> > Wassailing - maybe this year - now where was that Morris side

diary of

> > events???

> > Yule log already made and in the freezer.

> > Might hide under the blankets for a couple of hours extra on the

weekends.

> >

> > Need to go and gather holly, and decorate indoors. When does

everyone else

> > decorate???

> >

> > Jo

> >

> >

> >

> > -

> > ** fraggle <EBbrewpunx

> > *To:* vegan chat

> > *Sent:* Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:33 PM

> > *Subject:* well the weather outside is frightful

> >

> > ok, not really, its sunny and 65F..but,

> > we are in the midst of Holiday season.

> > here in the colonies, thanxfernuthin just passed, and of course

Black

> > Friday where everyone is supposed to run out and buy something,

anything, to

> > prove you love, um, a department store i guess.

> > Anyways, Hanukkah, Solstice, X-mas, Sol Invictus Day, Kwanzaa,

Boxing Day,

> > and probably a million other hallmark holidays are decending as

the year

> > comes to an end.

> >

> > so, what do you all do?

> > I know a bunch of you UKers have x-mas lunches at work

> > everyone else?

> > Family?

> > Dinners?

> > sleigh rides?

> > braving shopping malls?

> > hand made gifts?

> > skipping naked around a fir tree?

> > caroling?

> > wassailing?

> > yule log?

> > hiding under the blankets and setting the alarm clock for spring?

> >

> > what, if anything, do you do or have planned?

> >

> > plan special get togethers?

> >

> > planing on having a special vegan meal?

> >

> > reindeer sighting?

> >

> > cheers

> > fraggle

> >

> > What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we

know for

> > sure that just ain't so.

> > - Mark Twain

> >

> > For in a Republic, who is " the country " ? Is it the Government

which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely

a servant†" merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative

to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a

patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate

them.

> > Mark Twain

> >

> >

> >

>

i'm preety sure its Fahrenheit for Blake. he is in the Rockies.

ugh..reminds me of the week after x-mas in Connecticut. i loved it as a wee fraggle.."yay! the high today was -3F, wheeee!!!"...now, i'd curl up and break

heartwerk Dec 3, 2008 11:54 PM Re: well the weather outside is frightful

Is this 7 fahrenheit or 7 centigrade?Jo , "Blake Wilson" <mbw wrote:>> speaking of frightful weather, tomorrow's forecast:> > high: 16˚> low: 7˚> > seven....> > only logs around here are getting tossed on the fire.> > blake> > > On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:12 PM, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:> > > > > LOL> >> > We don't have an open fire, so can't have the original type of Yule log.> > We always have a Yule log cake though. We make ours ourselves as there> > aren't any vegan ones in the shops. It's chocolate cake (the non-vegan> > version is a chocolate Swiss roll) and when we thaw it, we will cover it in> > chocolate fudgy icing, and dust with icing sugar to make it look like a log> > with snow on it.> >> > Jo> >> >> > -> > ** fraggle <EBbrewpunx> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Wednesday, December 03, 2008 4:44 PM> > *Subject:* Re: well the weather outside is frightful> >> > ya know, it took me awhile to figure out what the heck you were talking> > about when you said you put your yule log in the freezer> >> > i had to look it up and see there's a cake made as well thats called a yule> >> > i was all "why are you putting a log in your freezer? does it make it burn> > longer?"> >> > so, they make vegan yule log cakes? you made it yourself? what's in it?> > never even seen a yule log cake.> >> > when i lived on the east coast, there used to be a channel on TV that just> > showed a log burning in a fireplace during x-mas eve and x-mas..hahahaha> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > > "jo.heartwork"> > Dec 2, 2008 2:36 PM> > > > Re: well the weather outside is frightful> >> > > > Hi Fraggle> >> > We started celebrating yesterday evening with a get together with friends.> > We will be going to a buffet tea with another set of friends. On and around> > the Solstice Peter & Katy will be with usand we will do a traditional vegan> > Yule meal. A few days after Christmas our daughter and son in law visit, so> > we will have another traditional veggie Yule meal. We are supposed to be> > meeting up with a gang of friends for a walk round Waggoners Wells and tea> > and cakes at the local cafe in the week after Yule.> >> > I would love to do a sleigh ride but never have.> > Haven't braved the shopping mals - thanks to the internet.> > Haven't made any gifts.> > Wouldn't dance naked anywhere - too cold - too prickly - wouldn't want to> > frighten the natives.> > Caroling - not done for many years but always like to hear carols.> > Wassailing - maybe this year - now where was that Morris side diary of> > events???> > Yule log already made and in the freezer.> > Might hide under the blankets for a couple of hours extra on the weekends.> >> > Need to go and gather holly, and decorate indoors. When does everyone else> > decorate???> >> > Jo> >> >> >> > -> > ** fraggle <EBbrewpunx> > *To:* vegan chat > > *Sent:* Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:33 PM> > *Subject:* well the weather outside is frightful> >> > ok, not really, its sunny and 65F..but,> > we are in the midst of Holiday season.> > here in the colonies, thanxfernuthin just passed, and of course Black> > Friday where everyone is supposed to run out and buy something, anything, to> > prove you love, um, a department store i guess.> > Anyways, Hanukkah, Solstice, X-mas, Sol Invictus Day, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day,> > and probably a million other hallmark holidays are decending as the year> > comes to an end.> >> > so, what do you all do?> > I know a bunch of you UKers have x-mas lunches at work> > everyone else?> > Family?> > Dinners?> > sleigh rides?> > braving shopping malls?> > hand made gifts?> > skipping naked around a fir tree?> > caroling?> > wassailing?> > yule log?> > hiding under the blankets and setting the alarm clock for spring?> >> > what, if anything, do you do or have planned?> >> > plan special get togethers?> >> > planing on having a special vegan meal?> >> > reindeer sighting?> >> > cheers> > fraggle> >> > What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for> > sure that just ain't so.> > - Mark Twain> >> > For in a Republic, who is "the country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servantâ€"merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.> > Mark Twain> >> > > >>

Mark Twain

yep, fahrenheit. it's warmed up to 9Ëš tho! do i venture into town, or sit around in my thermal underwear and play banjo?blake On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:34 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

ugh..reminds me of the week after x-mas in Connecticut. i loved it as a wee fraggle.. " yay! the high today was -3F, wheeee!!! " ...now, i'd curl up and break

heartwerk Dec 3, 2008 11:54 PM

Is this 7 fahrenheit or 7 centigrade?Jo , " Blake Wilson " <mbw wrote:>> speaking of frightful weather, tomorrow's forecast:

> > high: 16Ëš> low: 7Ëš> > seven....> > only logs around here are getting tossed on the fire.> > blake> > > On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:12 PM, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork

wrote:> > > > > LOL> >> > We don't have an open fire, so can't have the original type of Yule log.> > We always have a Yule log cake though. We make ours ourselves as

there> > aren't any vegan ones in the shops. It's chocolate cake (the non-vegan> > version is a chocolate Swiss roll) and when we thaw it, we will cover it in> > chocolate fudgy icing, and dust with icing sugar to make it look

like a log> > with snow on it.> >> > Jo> >> >> > -> > ** fraggle <EBbrewpunx> > *To:*

> > *Sent:* Wednesday, December 03, 2008 4:44 PM> > *Subject:* Re: well the weather outside is frightful> >> > ya know, it took me awhile to figure out what the heck you were

talking> > about when you said you put your yule log in the freezer> >> > i had to look it up and see there's a cake made as well thats called a yule> >> > i was all " why are you putting a log in your freezer? does it

make it burn> > longer? " > >> > so, they make vegan yule log cakes? you made it yourself? what's in it?> > never even seen a yule log cake.> >> > when i lived on the east coast, there used to be a channel on TV

that just> > showed a log burning in a fireplace during x-mas eve and x-mas..hahahaha> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >

> > " jo.heartwork " > > Dec 2, 2008 2:36 PM> > > > Re: well the weather outside is frightful

> >> > > > Hi Fraggle> >> > We started celebrating yesterday evening with a get together with friends.> > We will be going to a buffet tea with another set of friends. On

and around> > the Solstice Peter & Katy will be with usand we will do a traditional vegan> > Yule meal. A few days after Christmas our daughter and son in law visit, so> > we will have another traditional veggie Yule meal. We are

supposed to be> > meeting up with a gang of friends for a walk round Waggoners Wells and tea> > and cakes at the local cafe in the week after Yule.> >> > I would love to do a sleigh ride but never have.

> > Haven't braved the shopping mals - thanks to the internet.> > Haven't made any gifts.> > Wouldn't dance naked anywhere - too cold - too prickly - wouldn't want to> > frighten the natives.

> > Caroling - not done for many years but always like to hear carols.> > Wassailing - maybe this year - now where was that Morris side diary of> > events???> > Yule log already made and in the freezer.

> > Might hide under the blankets for a couple of hours extra on the weekends.> >> > Need to go and gather holly, and decorate indoors. When does everyone else> > decorate???

> >> > Jo> >> >> >> > -> > ** fraggle <EBbrewpunx> > *To:* vegan chat

> > *Sent:* Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:33 PM> > *Subject:* well the weather outside is frightful> >> > ok, not really, its sunny and 65F..but,> > we are in the midst of Holiday season.

> > here in the colonies, thanxfernuthin just passed, and of course Black> > Friday where everyone is supposed to run out and buy something, anything, to> > prove you love, um, a department store i guess.

> > Anyways, Hanukkah, Solstice, X-mas, Sol Invictus Day, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day,> > and probably a million other hallmark holidays are decending as the year> > comes to an end.> >

> > so, what do you all do?> > I know a bunch of you UKers have x-mas lunches at work> > everyone else?> > Family?> > Dinners?> > sleigh rides?> > braving shopping malls?

> > hand made gifts?> > skipping naked around a fir tree?> > caroling?> > wassailing?> > yule log?> > hiding under the blankets and setting the alarm clock for spring?

> >> > what, if anything, do you do or have planned?> >> > plan special get togethers?> >> > planing on having a special vegan meal?> >> > reindeer sighting?

> >> > cheers> > fraggle> >> > What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for> > sure that just ain't so.> > - Mark Twain

> >> > For in a Republic, who is " the country " ? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant†" merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative

to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.> > Mark Twain> >> > > >>

For in a Republic, who is "the country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

make sure you youtube it if you play the banjo. we want to see

Blake Wilson Dec 4, 2008 9:42 AM Re: Re: well the weather outside is frightful

yep, fahrenheit. it's warmed up to 9Ëš tho! do i venture into town, or sit around in my thermal underwear and play banjo?blake

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:34 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

ugh..reminds me of the week after x-mas in Connecticut. i loved it as a wee fraggle.."yay! the high today was -3F, wheeee!!!"...now, i'd curl up and break

Is this 7 fahrenheit or 7 centigrade?Jo , "Blake Wilson" <mbw wrote:>> speaking of frightful weather, tomorrow's forecast:> > high: 16Ëš> low: 7Ëš> > seven....> > only logs around here are getting tossed on the fire.> > blake> > > On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:12 PM, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:> > > > > LOL> >> > We don't have an open fire, so can't have the original type of Yule log.> > We always have a Yule log cake though. We make ours ourselves as there> > aren't any vegan ones in the shops. It's chocolate cake (the non-vegan> > version is a chocolate Swiss roll) and when we thaw it, we will cover it in> > chocolate fudgy icing, and dust with icing sugar to make it look like a log> > with snow on it.> >> > Jo> >> >> > -> > ** fraggle <EBbrewpunx> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Wednesday, December 03, 2008 4:44 PM> > *Subject:* Re: well the weather outside is frightful> >> > ya know, it took me awhile to figure out what the heck you were talking> > about when you said you put your yule log in the freezer> >> > i had to look it up and see there's a cake made as well thats called a yule> >> > i was all "why are you putting a log in your freezer? does it make it burn> > longer?"> >> > so, they make vegan yule log cakes? you made it yourself? what's in it?> > never even seen a yule log cake.> >> > when i lived on the east coast, there used to be a channel on TV that just> > showed a log burning in a fireplace during x-mas eve and x-mas..hahahaha> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > > "jo.heartwork"> > Dec 2, 2008 2:36 PM> > > > Re: well the weather outside is frightful> >> > > > Hi Fraggle> >> > We started celebrating yesterday evening with a get together with friends.> > We will be going to a buffet tea with another set of friends. On and around> > the Solstice Peter & Katy will be with usand we will do a traditional vegan> > Yule meal. A few days after Christmas our daughter and son in law visit, so> > we will have another traditional veggie Yule meal. We are supposed to be> > meeting up with a gang of friends for a walk round Waggoners Wells and tea> > and cakes at the local cafe in the week after Yule.> >> > I would love to do a sleigh ride but never have.> > Haven't braved the shopping mals - thanks to the internet.> > Haven't made any gifts.> > Wouldn't dance naked anywhere - too cold - too prickly - wouldn't want to> > frighten the natives.> > Caroling - not done for many years but always like to hear carols.> > Wassailing - maybe this year - now where was that Morris side diary of> > events???> > Yule log already made and in the freezer.> > Might hide under the blankets for a couple of hours extra on the weekends.> >> > Need to go and gather holly, and decorate indoors. When does everyone else> > decorate???> >> > Jo> >> >> >> > -> > ** fraggle <EBbrewpunx> > *To:* vegan chat > > *Sent:* Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:33 PM> > *Subject:* well the weather outside is frightful> >> > ok, not really, its sunny and 65F..but,> > we are in the midst of Holiday season.> > here in the colonies, thanxfernuthin just passed, and of course Black> > Friday where everyone is supposed to run out and buy something, anything, to> > prove you love, um, a department store i guess.> > Anyways, Hanukkah, Solstice, X-mas, Sol Invictus Day, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day,> > and probably a million other hallmark holidays are decending as the year> > comes to an end.> >> > so, what do you all do?> > I know a bunch of you UKers have x-mas lunches at work> > everyone else?> > Family?> > Dinners?> > sleigh rides?> > braving shopping malls?> > hand made gifts?> > skipping naked around a fir tree?> > caroling?> > wassailing?> > yule log?> > hiding under the blankets and setting the alarm clock for spring?> >> > what, if anything, do you do or have planned?> >> > plan special get togethers?> >> > planing on having a special vegan meal?> >> > reindeer sighting?> >> > cheers> > fraggle> >> > What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for> > sure that just ain't so.> > - Mark Twain> >> > For in a Republic, who is "the country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servantâ€"merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.> > Mark Twain> >> > > >>For in a Republic, who is "the country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Mark Twain

Mark Twain

be careful what you wish for......;^)b. On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 1:42 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

make sure you youtube it if you play the banjo. we want to see

Blake Wilson Dec 4, 2008 9:42 AM

Re: Re: well the weather outside is frightful

yep, fahrenheit. it's warmed up to 9Ëš tho! do i venture into town, or sit around in my thermal underwear and play banjo?blake

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:34 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

ugh..reminds me of the week after x-mas in Connecticut. i loved it as a wee fraggle.. " yay! the high today was -3F, wheeee!!! " ...now, i'd curl up and break

Is this 7 fahrenheit or 7 centigrade?Jo , " Blake Wilson " <mbw wrote:>> speaking of frightful weather, tomorrow's forecast:

> > high: 16Ëš> low: 7Ëš> > seven....> > only logs around here are getting tossed on the fire.> > blake> > > On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:12 PM, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork

wrote:> > > > > LOL> >> > We don't have an open fire, so can't have the original type of Yule log.> > We always have a Yule log cake though. We make ours ourselves as

there> > aren't any vegan ones in the shops. It's chocolate cake (the non-vegan> > version is a chocolate Swiss roll) and when we thaw it, we will cover it in> > chocolate fudgy icing, and dust with icing sugar to make it look

like a log> > with snow on it.> >> > Jo> >> >> > -> > ** fraggle <EBbrewpunx> > *To:*

> > *Sent:* Wednesday, December 03, 2008 4:44 PM> > *Subject:* Re: well the weather outside is frightful> >> > ya know, it took me awhile to figure out what the heck you were

talking> > about when you said you put your yule log in the freezer> >> > i had to look it up and see there's a cake made as well thats called a yule> >> > i was all " why are you putting a log in your freezer? does it

make it burn> > longer? " > >> > so, they make vegan yule log cakes? you made it yourself? what's in it?> > never even seen a yule log cake.> >> > when i lived on the east coast, there used to be a channel on TV

that just> > showed a log burning in a fireplace during x-mas eve and x-mas..hahahaha> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >

> > " jo.heartwork " > > Dec 2, 2008 2:36 PM> > > > Re: well the weather outside is frightful

> >> > > > Hi Fraggle> >> > We started celebrating yesterday evening with a get together with friends.> > We will be going to a buffet tea with another set of friends. On

and around> > the Solstice Peter & Katy will be with usand we will do a traditional vegan> > Yule meal. A few days after Christmas our daughter and son in law visit, so> > we will have another traditional veggie Yule meal. We are

supposed to be> > meeting up with a gang of friends for a walk round Waggoners Wells and tea> > and cakes at the local cafe in the week after Yule.> >> > I would love to do a sleigh ride but never have.

> > Haven't braved the shopping mals - thanks to the internet.> > Haven't made any gifts.> > Wouldn't dance naked anywhere - too cold - too prickly - wouldn't want to> > frighten the natives.

> > Caroling - not done for many years but always like to hear carols.> > Wassailing - maybe this year - now where was that Morris side diary of> > events???> > Yule log already made and in the freezer.

> > Might hide under the blankets for a couple of hours extra on the weekends.> >> > Need to go and gather holly, and decorate indoors. When does everyone else> > decorate???

> >> > Jo> >> >> >> > -> > ** fraggle <EBbrewpunx> > *To:* vegan chat

> > *Sent:* Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:33 PM> > *Subject:* well the weather outside is frightful> >> > ok, not really, its sunny and 65F..but,> > we are in the midst of Holiday season.

> > here in the colonies, thanxfernuthin just passed, and of course Black> > Friday where everyone is supposed to run out and buy something, anything, to> > prove you love, um, a department store i guess.

> > Anyways, Hanukkah, Solstice, X-mas, Sol Invictus Day, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day,> > and probably a million other hallmark holidays are decending as the year> > comes to an end.> >

> > so, what do you all do?> > I know a bunch of you UKers have x-mas lunches at work> > everyone else?> > Family?> > Dinners?> > sleigh rides?> > braving shopping malls?

> > hand made gifts?> > skipping naked around a fir tree?> > caroling?> > wassailing?> > yule log?> > hiding under the blankets and setting the alarm clock for spring?

> >> > what, if anything, do you do or have planned?> >> > plan special get togethers?> >> > planing on having a special vegan meal?> >> > reindeer sighting?

> >> > cheers> > fraggle> >> > What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for> > sure that just ain't so.> > - Mark Twain

> >> > For in a Republic, who is " the country " ? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant†" merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative

to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.> > Mark Twain> >> > > >>

For in a Republic, who is " the country " ? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

Mark Twain