IndiaDivine.org

one of the many reasons why i luv livin in the Bay Area

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This weekend, the Trappist here in Oakland has held a series of events/parties.

The 75th anniversary of the Repeal of Prohibition, a holiday party, their one

year anniversary party, and a Trappist beer party. Yesterday i went to the

Trappist beer party, where they featured 8 different beers from the 7 accredited

Trappist breweries.

And, at the end, they had plates of food. unfortunately, the sandwiches where

meatball, another dead flesh, and a vegetarian, which was eggplant and some sort

of cheese. i looked and shrugged, and walked back to my seat thinking " who

cares, i can eat later "

instead, one of the bartenders came running up and went " oh no, we forgot! " and

she ran up to one of the Trappist owners. he nodded his head, and she took off

out the door

they ended up buying me food from New World Vegetarian (spring rolls and golden

mushrooms) just so i could have something to eat!

awwww.

i love living here sometimes.

fraggle

most excellent. sounds like a great event. b. On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 7:44 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

This weekend, the Trappist here in Oakland has held a series of events/parties. The 75th anniversary of the Repeal of Prohibition, a holiday party, their one year anniversary party, and a Trappist beer party. Yesterday i went to the Trappist beer party, where they featured 8 different beers from the 7 accredited Trappist breweries.

And, at the end, they had plates of food. unfortunately, the sandwiches where meatball, another dead flesh, and a vegetarian, which was eggplant and some sort of cheese. i looked and shrugged, and walked back to my seat thinking " who cares, i can eat later "

instead, one of the bartenders came running up and went " oh no, we forgot! " and she ran up to one of the Trappist owners. he nodded his head, and she took off out the door

they ended up buying me food from New World Vegetarian (spring rolls and golden mushrooms) just so i could have something to eat!

awwww.

i love living here sometimes.

fraggle

it certainly was!

:)

Blake Wilson Dec 7, 2008 8:08 PM Re: one of the many reasons why i luv livin in the Bay Area

most excellent. sounds like a great event. b.

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 7:44 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

This weekend, the Trappist here in Oakland has held a series of events/parties. The 75th anniversary of the Repeal of Prohibition, a holiday party, their one year anniversary party, and a Trappist beer party. Yesterday i went to the Trappist beer party, where they featured 8 different beers from the 7 accredited Trappist breweries.And, at the end, they had plates of food. unfortunately, the sandwiches where meatball, another dead flesh, and a vegetarian, which was eggplant and some sort of cheese. i looked and shrugged, and walked back to my seat thinking "who cares, i can eat later"instead, one of the bartenders came running up and went "oh no, we forgot!" and she ran up to one of the Trappist owners. he nodded his head, and she took off out the doorthey ended up buying me food from New World Vegetarian (spring rolls and golden mushrooms) just so i could have something to eat!awwww.i love living here sometimes.fraggle

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain