IndiaDivine.org

poor kittie stars in face off

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Vets fix feline's face after 'cat'-astrophe

By RUSSELL CONTRERAS (Associated Press Writer)

From Associated Press

December 09, 2008 11:19 PM EST

BOSTON - Me-ouch! Veterinarians on Tuesday performed an unusual surgery to

reattach the face of a cat they believe was injured by a car's fan belt,

probably because she tried to stay warm under the hood.

Edgar, a 4-year-old long-haired feline, went missing from her home in Winthrop

for three days last week. When she finally came home, her owner found her in her

litter box - with part of her face dangling from her head.

" When her owner saw her face, she passed out, " said Elizabeth Kendrick, a

surgical technician at Angell Animal Medical Center.

The owner, who asked not to be identified, recovered from the shock and rushed

Edgar to an animal hospital.

Remarkably, Edgar suffered no major blood loss nor any permanent nerve damage

from her accident. She just needed to have her facial skin stitched back on

during an hour-long surgery, according to veterinary surgeon Michael Pavletic.

" And she should be fine after this, " Pavletic said.

Besides the skin hanging from Edgar's face, Edgar seemed normal, Kendrick said.

" She was purring and sticking her head up so we could pet her, " Kendrick said.

" She even tried to chew at her skin. I'd never seen anything like it. "

Pavletic reattached Edgar's face using about 35 stitches. She came through the

surgery with no problems, though she looks as though someone punched her in the

eye. " She'll need to take some medicine but I don't anticipate her having any

problems, " Pavletic said.

Bonnie Beaver, a professor of small animal clinical services at Texas A & M

University, said such animal injuries are extremely rare since cats are usually

killed instantly from car fan belts.

" She may have problems later, " Beaver said, " but the cat was saying, `I may have

lost this life but, by golly, I have eight more.' "

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not

be published, broadcast, rewritten or

Another reason not to own a car, and another reason to keep the cats inside. Blake On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 9:40 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Vets fix feline's face after 'cat'-astrophe

By RUSSELL CONTRERAS (Associated Press Writer)

From Associated Press

December 09, 2008 11:19 PM EST

BOSTON - Me-ouch! Veterinarians on Tuesday performed an unusual surgery to reattach the face of a cat they believe was injured by a car's fan belt, probably because she tried to stay warm under the hood.

Edgar, a 4-year-old long-haired feline, went missing from her home in Winthrop for three days last week. When she finally came home, her owner found her in her litter box - with part of her face dangling from her head.

" When her owner saw her face, she passed out, " said Elizabeth Kendrick, a surgical technician at Angell Animal Medical Center.

The owner, who asked not to be identified, recovered from the shock and rushed Edgar to an animal hospital.

Remarkably, Edgar suffered no major blood loss nor any permanent nerve damage from her accident. She just needed to have her facial skin stitched back on during an hour-long surgery, according to veterinary surgeon Michael Pavletic.

" And she should be fine after this, " Pavletic said.

Besides the skin hanging from Edgar's face, Edgar seemed normal, Kendrick said.

" She was purring and sticking her head up so we could pet her, " Kendrick said. " She even tried to chew at her skin. I'd never seen anything like it. "

Pavletic reattached Edgar's face using about 35 stitches. She came through the surgery with no problems, though she looks as though someone punched her in the eye. " She'll need to take some medicine but I don't anticipate her having any problems, " Pavletic said.

Bonnie Beaver, a professor of small animal clinical services at Texas A & M University, said such animal injuries are extremely rare since cats are usually killed instantly from car fan belts.

" She may have problems later, " Beaver said, " but the cat was saying, `I may have lost this life but, by golly, I have eight more.' "

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or

i was gonna say something like that meself

alas, rebecca owns a crappy car, and trying to keep our cats inside turned into like trying to herd air.....

Blake Wilson Dec 10, 2008 6:11 AM Re: poor kittie stars in "face off"

Another reason not to own a car, and another reason to keep the cats inside. Blake

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 9:40 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

Vets fix feline's face after 'cat'-astropheBy RUSSELL CONTRERAS (Associated Press Writer)From Associated PressDecember 09, 2008 11:19 PM EST BOSTON - Me-ouch! Veterinarians on Tuesday performed an unusual surgery to reattach the face of a cat they believe was injured by a car's fan belt, probably because she tried to stay warm under the hood.Edgar, a 4-year-old long-haired feline, went missing from her home in Winthrop for three days last week. When she finally came home, her owner found her in her litter box - with part of her face dangling from her head."When her owner saw her face, she passed out," said Elizabeth Kendrick, a surgical technician at Angell Animal Medical Center.The owner, who asked not to be identified, recovered from the shock and rushed Edgar to an animal hospital.Remarkably, Edgar suffered no major blood loss nor any permanent nerve damage from her accident. She just needed to have her facial skin stitched back on during an hour-long surgery, according to veterinary surgeon Michael Pavletic."And she should be fine after this," Pavletic said.Besides the skin hanging from Edgar's face, Edgar seemed normal, Kendrick said."She was purring and sticking her head up so we could pet her," Kendrick said. "She even tried to chew at her skin. I'd never seen anything like it."Pavletic reattached Edgar's face using about 35 stitches. She came through the surgery with no problems, though she looks as though someone punched her in the eye. "She'll need to take some medicine but I don't anticipate her having any problems," Pavletic said.Bonnie Beaver, a professor of small animal clinical services at Texas A & M University, said such animal injuries are extremely rare since cats are usually killed instantly from car fan belts."She may have problems later," Beaver said, "but the cat was saying, `I may have lost this life but, by golly, I have eight more.'"Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain