IndiaDivine.org

Snuff Films

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hmmm... so, none exist?

How about the ones filmed by in the early 1980s by Charles Ng and Leonard Lake, or the one from 2001 filmed in Germany by Armin Meiwes when he killed Bernd Brandes?

That's based on a couple of minutes of looking. Don't know how many I could find if I actually put some serious effort into it!

BB

Peter

You are talking about murderers who happen to film their deeds. A snuff film is a murder committed for the purpose of filming it and distributing it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff_film

We're verging on splitting hairs here. I maintain that " snuff films " , as a feared and dreaded genre and phenomenon, do not exist. Murderers who film their deeds certainly exist, but the death of Daniel Pearl is not a snuff film.

BlakeOn Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hmmm... so, none exist?

How about the ones filmed by in the early 1980s by Charles Ng and Leonard Lake, or the one from 2001 filmed in Germany by Armin Meiwes when he killed Bernd Brandes?

That's based on a couple of minutes of looking. Don't know how many I could find if I actually put some serious effort into it!

BB

Peter

Hi Blake

Hmmm... reminds me of the bit from Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy... something along the lines of how do you stop a cloning machine while it is halfway through cloning without committing murder.... after several legal attempts to sort out the problem, they just decide to redefine murder!

BB

Peter

-

Blake Wilson

Friday, December 12, 2008 3:24 PM

Re: Snuff Films

You are talking about murderers who happen to film their deeds. A snuff film is a murder committed for the purpose of filming it and distributing it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff_filmWe're verging on splitting hairs here. I maintain that "snuff films", as a feared and dreaded genre and phenomenon, do not exist. Murderers who film their deeds certainly exist, but the death of Daniel Pearl is not a snuff film. Blake

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hmmm... so, none exist?

BB

Peter