IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 4401

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi everyone, I've not been around much.

For the past two months, I've been raising a little squirrel.

I remember I use to dislike them for taking over my birdfeeder.

One day his mom got killed

by a car just down the street from my house. We saw her and buried her.

There was a tiny thing near a tree and it fit in my hand. So, so tiny I thought he was going to die.

We got him a small bottle of cow's milk. I know that it's not vegan, but I had no idea what else to do. He seemed just two weeks old, eyes barely open. We kept him warm and he slept in a little box.

later he would sleep inside my shirt pocket to feel the warmth of a human. We introduced him to nuts gradually and expose him to nature a little bit each day.

Today, he pretty much spends most of the time outside. I bring him peanuts, but now he is always up in the tree outside my house.

People think it is weird and funny that whenever I go outside, a squirrel jumps on my head.

I guess I should post a picture of him because he is so cute, but I don't feel like uploading my camera right now.

Anouk

Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 4:48:56 PM Digest Number 4401There are 3 messages in this issue.Topics in this digest:1. kelloggs and GMO sugar fraggle2. Major changes to Endangered Species Act fraggle3a. Re: Proposed Fee on Smelly Cows and Hogs Angers Farmers fraggle

Hi Anouk

What a lovely story... please do post a picture - I'd love to see a squirrel on someone's head :-)

BB

Peter

-

Anouk

Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:41 AM

Re: Digest Number 4401

There was a tiny thing near a tree and it fit in my hand. So, so tiny I thought he was going to die.

We got him a small bottle of cow's milk. I know that it's not vegan, but I had no idea what else to do. He seemed just two weeks old, eyes barely open. We kept him warm and he slept in a little box.

later he would sleep inside my shirt pocket to feel the warmth of a human. We introduced him to nuts gradually and expose him to nature a little bit each day.

Today, he pretty much spends most of the time outside. I bring him peanuts, but now he is always up in the tree outside my house.

People think it is weird and funny that whenever I go outside, a squirrel jumps on my head.

I guess I should post a picture of him because he is so cute, but I don't feel like uploading my camera right now.

Anouk

Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 4:48:56 PM Digest Number 4401There are 3 messages in this issue.Topics in this digest:1. kelloggs and GMO sugar fraggle2. Major changes to Endangered Species Act fraggle3a. Re: Proposed Fee on Smelly Cows and Hogs Angers Farmers fraggle

HI Anouk

Well done. I would be interested in a phot when you have time.

Jo

-

Anouk

Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:41 AM

Re: Digest Number 4401

Anouk

Hi Anouk,

Nice to hear from you again, go on upload some photos.

Peter vv

Anouk <zurumato Sent: Saturday, 13 December, 2008 4:41:01 AMRe: Digest Number 4401

Anouk

"" <@gro ups.com>@gro ups.comFriday, December 12, 2008 4:48:56 PM Digest Number 4401There are 3 messages in this issue.Topics in this digest:1. kelloggs and GMO sugar fraggle2. Major changes to Endangered Species Act fraggle3a. Re: Proposed Fee on Smelly Cows and Hogs Angers Farmers fraggle

that's beautifulanouk

reminds me of my old rescue squirrel, corky (hey, i was like 15...leave me alone..)

for futire reference, most petstores will carry "infant" formula for nursing cats and such. not vegan, but you could use that for a baby whatever...

Anouk Dec 12, 2008 8:41 PM Re: Digest Number 4401

Anouk

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain