IndiaDivine.org

Sweetness in Seattle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

so, saw this lil blurb today.....

Sweetness in SeattleTheo Chocolate is the country's first organic and fair-trade bean-to-bar chocolate-maker

The Theo Chocolate factory in Seattle produces delicious treats like coconut curry milk chocolate bars and fig fennel confections, but inside you'll find no chocolate waterfalls, no impossibly tiny doorways, and definitely no Oompa-Loompas. So where's the magic? It's in the chocolate, of course. Theo is the country's first -- and so far, only -- organic and fair-trade bean-to-bar chocolate-maker. And they're partnering with other eco-minded companies, like a local coffee roaster, to create even more sustainable and scrumdidliyumptious delights.

and went "oh, milk chocolate"but, when i went to their website, i saw:

Theo's signature line consists of five exquisitely crafted chocolate bars that feature the flavor notes of cacao from different parts of the world. Theo's Origin bar line represents the highest achievement in chocolate making. Throughout the manufacturing process, every care is taken to preserve the integrity of the cacao. The line ranges from 65 - 91% cacao content, and offers a truly uncompromised chocolate experience, rich in both satisfying flavor and antioxidants. Theo Origin Bars are vegan and soy-free.

Theo Venezuela Dark Chocolate Bar 91% This special bar will change the way you think about dark chocolate! It features the delicate flavors of a blend of cacao from Barinas, Merida and Tachiras, the remote western regions of Venezuela, and offers 91% cacao content without any of the bitterness typically associated with such a high percentage dark chocolate.

Theo Ghana Dark Chocolate Bar 84% The Fair Trade Certifiedâ„¢ cacao used in this single-origin dark chocolate bar is from the fertile growing region surrounding Kumasi, Ghana. The perfectly fermented and dried beans yield slightly floral notes over golden and round chocolate flavors.

Theo Blended-Cocoa Ghana-Panama-Ecuador Dark Chocolate Bar 75% This Fair Trade Certifiedâ„¢ blend of cacao highlights the unique flavors from Ghana, the remote rainforest of Bocas del Toro, Panama, and true Ecuadorian Arriba cacao.

Theo Ivory Coast Dark Chocolate Bar 75% This single-origin chocolate is made from the first Fair Trade Certifiedâ„¢ cocoa beans brought into the United States from the Ivory Coast. The richness and intensity of flavor in this bar reflect the complexity of the growing region.

Theo Madagascar Dark Chocolate Bar 65% This is a single-origin organic chocolate from the island nation of Madagascar. The dynamic fruit and wine notes in this dark chocolate reflect the unique and diverse environment of this exotic land.

not a huge chocolate person, but i could use one tonite....

fraggle

Thanks for posting fraggle. My husband and I went and saw the their

shop downtown while waiting to go to an event nearby. I personally

thought their chocolate was somewhat bitter, but there were a few good

kinds for sure! We love Endangered Species chocolate bars.

Especially since they help the animals. :)