Christmas buffet lunch at work

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We have our departmental buffet today where we each bring food in to

share - just cold buffet style.

I have hummous, crudites, oatmeal crackers, and orange juice. In the

past there has been plenty of vegan food, so hopefully today will be

the same.

I didn't go on our Christmas lunch outing as it was too expensive.

The people who went didn't really enjoy it - disgusted that the turkey

was Bernard Matthews slices, not good quality, and the vegetarian

option was risotto - so no vegan choice anyway.

Jo

That's always such a challenge. It's amazing how many people interpret

"vegetarian" as "turkey" or "salmon" or the like. Geesh!

Your buffet items rock. Hummous and crudites are great alternatives for

everyone, just for health reasons. It's easier to be temperate with

high calorie foods if you have access to veggies and low-fat dips. And

OJ and oatmeal crackers. Mmmm. Sounds so wonderful. I wish I worked

where you do!

Cheers,

Trish

heartwerk wrote:

We have our departmental buffet today where we each bring food in

to

share - just cold buffet style.

I have hummous, crudites, oatmeal crackers, and orange juice. In the

past there has been plenty of vegan food, so hopefully today will be

the same.

I didn't go on our Christmas lunch outing as it was too expensive.

The people who went didn't really enjoy it - disgusted that the turkey

was Bernard Matthews slices, not good quality, and the vegetarian

option was risotto - so no vegan choice anyway.

Jo

let us know how it turned out

heartwerk Dec 17, 2008 11:57 PM Christmas buffet lunch at work

We have our departmental buffet today where we each bring food in to share - just cold buffet style.I have hummous, crudites, oatmeal crackers, and orange juice. In the past there has been plenty of vegan food, so hopefully today will be the same.I didn't go on our Christmas lunch outing as it was too expensive. The people who went didn't really enjoy it - disgusted that the turkey was Bernard Matthews slices, not good quality, and the vegetarian option was risotto - so no vegan choice anyway.Jo

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

what, don't you know? fish grow on trees. where else do you think we get fish sticks?

ahem.....

bantrymoon Dec 18, 2008 1:02 PM Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

That's always such a challenge. It's amazing how many people interpret "vegetarian" as "turkey" or "salmon" or the like. Geesh!Your buffet items rock. Hummous and crudites are great alternatives for everyone, just for health reasons. It's easier to be temperate with high calorie foods if you have access to veggies and low-fat dips. And OJ and oatmeal crackers. Mmmm. Sounds so wonderful. I wish I worked where you do!Cheers,Trishheartwerk wrote:

We have our departmental buffet today where we each bring food in to share - just cold buffet style.I have hummous, crudites, oatmeal crackers, and orange juice. In the past there has been plenty of vegan food, so hopefully today will be the same.I didn't go on our Christmas lunch outing as it was too expensive. The people who went didn't really enjoy it - disgusted that the turkey was Bernard Matthews slices, not good quality, and the vegetarian option was risotto - so no vegan choice anyway.Jo

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

(/satire on)

I think they just can't get their minds around the idea that

people can survive without eating any animal parts or

secretions.

I mean, they see you and (in most cases) see you don't have 3

eyes and horns, or don't look like whatever weird picture they have in

their minds of what a vegan might look like (assuming they could even

find a live one). You look normal. You look like them, more or less.

And yet you're telling them that you don't eat normally. No wonder

their brains don't work.

At 12:06 AM -0500 12/19/08, Blue Rose wrote:

I got asked if I ate shrimp since it was a bug, and if bugs

count.

I replied, " Not unless it comes from a special plant. Like a

shrimp shrub. "

Honestly, I don't think most people engage their brains too often on

what qualifies an animal....

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:33 PM, bantrymoon <bantrymoon

wrote:

<giggle>

fraggle wrote:

what, don't you know? fish grow on trees. where else do you

think we get fish sticks?

ahem.....

----

--

AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156

http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com

~

Boston_Gothic

Boston_Mystic

Boston-Pagans

I got asked if I ate shrimp since it was a bug, and if bugs count.I replied, " Not unless it comes from a special plant. Like a shrimp shrub. " Honestly, I don't think most people engage their brains too often on what qualifies an animal....

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:33 PM, bantrymoon <bantrymoon wrote:

<giggle>

fraggle wrote:

what, don't you know? fish grow on trees. where else do you think

we get fish sticks?

ahem.....

----

-- AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_Gothic

Boston_MysticBoston-Pagans

This sort of thinking often leads to teachable moments in my biology

classroom. I keep Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches. Students will ask if

I'll eat one, a la Fear Factor. I tell them no, because I'm vegetarian

and I don't eat animals. Invariably, a kid will say it's not an animal.

Then I gently ask my questions -- " Is it a plant? Is it a fungus? " It

takes only one or two before the student realizes they've been thinking

of animals only in terms of furry things or things with backbones.

Who knows? My students may grow up to be the kind of people who don't

ask vegetarians if they eat fish or shrimp :-)

Cheers,

Trish

yarrow wrote:

>

> (/satire on)

> I think they just can't get their minds around the idea that people

> can survive without eating any animal parts or secretions.

>

> I mean, they see you and (in most cases) see you don't have 3 eyes and

> horns, or don't look like whatever weird picture they have in their

> minds of what a vegan might look like (assuming they could even find a

> live one). You look normal. You look like them, more or less. And yet

> you're telling them that you don't eat normally. No wonder their

> brains don't work.

>

>

> At 12:06 AM -0500 12/19/08, Blue Rose wrote:

> I got asked if I ate shrimp since it was a bug, and if bugs count.

>

> I replied, " Not unless it comes from a special plant. Like a shrimp

> shrub. "

>

> Honestly, I don't think most people engage their brains too often on

> what qualifies an animal....

>

No kidding. It is rather ridiculous sometimes and honestly, I just

have to shake my head and laugh a little otherwise I'd go crazy

everytime someone asked me, " You still eat fish though right? "

, yarrow wrote:

>

> (/satire on)

> I think they just can't get their minds around the idea that people

> can survive without eating any animal parts or secretions.

>

> I mean, they see you and (in most cases) see you don't have 3 eyes

> and horns, or don't look like whatever weird picture they have in

> their minds of what a vegan might look like (assuming they could even

> find a live one). You look normal. You look like them, more or less.

> And yet you're telling them that you don't eat normally. No wonder

> their brains don't work.

>

>

> At 12:06 AM -0500 12/19/08, Blue Rose wrote:

> I got asked if I ate shrimp since it was a bug, and if bugs count.

>

> I replied, " Not unless it comes from a special plant. Like a shrimp

shrub. "

>

> Honestly, I don't think most people engage their brains too often on

> what qualifies an animal....

>

> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:33 PM, bantrymoon

> <<bantrymoonbantrymoon wrote:

>

> <giggle>

>

> fraggle wrote:

>

> what, don't you know? fish grow on trees. where else do you think we

> get fish sticks?

>

> ahem.....

>

> ----

>

>

>

>

> --

> AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156

> <http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com>http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com

> ~

>

<Boston_Gothic>Bosto\

n_Gothic

>

<Boston_Mystic>Bosto\

n_Mystic

>

<Boston-Pagans>Bosto\

n-Pagans

>

there was a news reel many many years ago, back when they used to show em before movies at the theater. and it showed the spaghetti harvest in the san gabriel mountains of california (people harvesting pasta out of trees), andf how it was in danger because of an early freeze...

it was meant to be a joke, but i guess people flipped out and took it seriously...

war of the worlds..war of the worlds

Blue Rose Dec 18, 2008 9:06 PM Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

I got asked if I ate shrimp since it was a bug, and if bugs count.I replied, "Not unless it comes from a special plant. Like a shrimp shrub."Honestly, I don't think most people engage their brains too often on what qualifies an animal....

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:33 PM, bantrymoon <bantrymoon (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

<giggle>fraggle wrote:

what, don't you know? fish grow on trees. where else do you think we get fish sticks?

ahem.....

------ AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

keep up the good work!

unfortunately, i can see "the powers that be" reclassifying insects and birds as rocks or something then.

bantrymoon Dec 19, 2008 5:50 AM Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

This sort of thinking often leads to teachable moments in my biology classroom. I keep Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches. Students will ask if I'll eat one, a la Fear Factor. I tell them no, because I'm vegetarian and I don't eat animals. Invariably, a kid will say it's not an animal. Then I gently ask my questions -- "Is it a plant? Is it a fungus?" It takes only one or two before the student realizes they've been thinking of animals only in terms of furry things or things with backbones.Who knows? My students may grow up to be the kind of people who don't ask vegetarians if they eat fish or shrimp :-)Cheers,Trishyarrow wrote:>> (/satire on)> I think they just can't get their minds around the idea that people > can survive without eating any animal parts or secretions.>> I mean, they see you and (in most cases) see you don't have 3 eyes and > horns, or don't look like whatever weird picture they have in their > minds of what a vegan might look like (assuming they could even find a > live one). You look normal. You look like them, more or less. And yet > you're telling them that you don't eat normally. No wonder their > brains don't work.>>> At 12:06 AM -0500 12/19/08, Blue Rose wrote:> I got asked if I ate shrimp since it was a bug, and if bugs count.>> I replied, "Not unless it comes from a special plant. Like a shrimp > shrub.">> Honestly, I don't think most people engage their brains too often on > what qualifies an animal....>

We went out for a christmas meal last night,

my meal consisted of for starter a veg pakora, onion bhaji, and a mashed potato in batter type thing, for main, I had bombay potato bhaji, saag (spinach ) bhaji, a cauliflower cry curry ( hate cauli - so that went begging ), and a chickpea curry and boiled rice and roti/chapati.

the manager was very good doing all those without ghee or any dairy. At one point he came across to me to ask if flour was ok?!?!?!

was far too stuffed to drink after ( the only vegan thing I could find was lager so no big loss )

the only downer was they added a service charge, and we thought the price didnt include it, so no tip for them............

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Sent: Thursday, 18 December, 2008 7:57:45 AM Christmas buffet lunch at work

is it easy over there t o find indian food w/o ghee?

Peter VV Dec 19, 2008 11:05 AM Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

my meal consisted of for starter a veg pakora, onion bhaji, and a mashed potato in batter type thing, for main, I had bombay potato bhaji, saag (spinach ) bhaji, a cauliflower cry curry ( hate cauli - so that went begging ), and a chickpea curry and boiled rice and roti/chapati.

the manager was very good doing all those without ghee or any dairy. At one point he came across to me to ask if flour was ok?!?!?!

was far too stuffed to drink after ( the only vegan thing I could find was lager so no big loss )

the only downer was they added a service charge, and we thought the price didnt include it, so no tip for them............

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Sent: Thursday, 18 December, 2008 7:57:45 AM Christmas buffet lunch at work

yep, most takeaways use vegetable ghee not dairy as its cheaper, its only usualy the more expensive sit down places that use dairy ghee.

you just got to use yer voice and ask, simple as that, it dont offend anyone....

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Friday, 19 December, 2008 7:25:41 PMRe: Christmas buffet lunch at work

Peter VV Dec 19, 2008 11:05 AM @gro ups.com Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

the only downer was they added a service charge, and we thought the price didnt include it, so no tip for them........ ....

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comThursday, 18 December, 2008 7:57:45 AM Christmas buffet lunch at work

same here in the US. i was surprised when i asked and found most use vegetable oil. blake On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

yep, most takeaways use vegetable ghee not dairy as its cheaper, its only usualy the more expensive sit down places that use dairy ghee.

you just got to use yer voice and ask, simple as that, it dont offend anyone....

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx

Friday, 19 December, 2008 7:25:41 PMRe: Christmas buffet lunch at work

Peter VV Dec 19, 2008 11:05 AM @gro ups.com

Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

the only downer was they added a service charge, and we thought the price didnt include it, so no tip for them........ ....

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.com

Thursday, 18 December, 2008 7:57:45 AM Christmas buffet lunch at work

We have our departmental buffet today where we each bring food in to share - just cold buffet style.I have hummous, crudites, oatmeal crackers, and orange juice. In the past there has been plenty of vegan food, so hopefully today will be

the same.I didn't go on our Christmas lunch outing as it was too expensive. The people who went didn't really enjoy it - disgusted that the turkey was Bernard Matthews slices, not good quality, and the vegetarian

option was risotto - so no vegan choice anyway.Jo

" Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes? "

really? when we've asked around here, most seem to use "real" ghee

Blake Wilson Dec 19, 2008 11:37 AM Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

same here in the US. i was surprised when i asked and found most use vegetable oil. blake

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>

Sent: Friday, 19 December, 2008 7:25:41 PM

Peter VV Dec 19, 2008 11:05 AM

@gro ups.com Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

Peter vv

i find the way to approach it is to say you're allergic to dairy. truth will come out pretty fast....On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:46 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

really? when we've asked around here, most seem to use " real " ghee

Blake Wilson Dec 19, 2008 11:37 AM

same here in the US. i was surprised when i asked and found most use vegetable oil. blake

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx

Sent: Friday, 19 December, 2008 7:25:41 PM

Peter vv

We have our departmental buffet today where we each bring food in to share - just cold buffet style.I have hummous, crudites, oatmeal crackers, and orange juice. In the past there has been plenty of vegan food, so hopefully today will be

the same.I didn't go on our Christmas lunch outing as it was too expensive. The people who went didn't really enjoy it - disgusted that the turkey was Bernard Matthews slices, not good quality, and the vegetarian

option was risotto - so no vegan choice anyway.Jo

" Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes? "

we generally say that when we are at a non veg place..which, granted, is pretty rare

but, if we are out somewhere and there are no veg places that we can find nearby, like Stockton or something, then we'll play the "extremely allergic" card

Blake Wilson Dec 20, 2008 8:22 AM Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

i find the way to approach it is to say you're allergic to dairy. truth will come out pretty fast....

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:46 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

really? when we've asked around here, most seem to use "real" ghee

Blake Wilson Dec 19, 2008 11:37 AM Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Friday, 19 December, 2008 7:25:41 PM Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.com Thursday, 18 December, 2008 7:57:45 AM Christmas buffet lunch at work

I do this sometimes as well, mainly when I'm out eating in

restaurants. I tell them I'm allergic and I almost always don't have

to worry about them adding cheese, etc. to my dish.

, " Blake Wilson " <mbw wrote:

>

> i find the way to approach it is to say you're allergic to dairy.

>

> truth will come out pretty fast....

>

> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:46 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> > really? when we've asked around here, most seem to use " real " ghee

> >

> >

> >

> > Blake Wilson

> > Dec 19, 2008 11:37 AM

> >

> > Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

> >

> > same here in the US. i was surprised when i asked and found most use

> > vegetable oil.

> >

> > blake

> >

> > On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

> >

> >> yep, most takeaways use vegetable ghee not dairy as its

cheaper, its

> >> only usualy the more expensive sit down places that use dairy ghee.

> >> you just got to use yer voice and ask, simple as that, it dont offend

> >> anyone....

> >>

> >>

<http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile & friendid=12354\

4694>

> >> Peter vv

> >>

> >>

> >> ------------------------------

> >> ** fraggle <EBbrewpunx

> >> *To:*

> >> *Sent:* Friday, 19 December, 2008 7:25:41 PM

> >> *Subject:* Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

> >>

> >> is it easy over there t o find indian food w/o ghee?

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> Peter VV

> >> Dec 19, 2008 11:05 AM

> >> @gro ups.com

> >> Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

> >>

> >> We went out for a christmas meal last night,

> >> my meal consisted of for starter a veg pakora, onion bhaji, and a

mashed

> >> potato in batter type thing, for main, I had bombay potato bhaji,

saag

> >> (spinach ) bhaji, a cauliflower cry curry ( hate cauli - so that went

> >> begging ), and a chickpea curry and boiled rice and roti/chapati.

> >> the manager was very good doing all those without ghee or any

dairy. At

> >> one point he came across to me to ask if flour was ok?!?!?!

> >> was far too stuffed to drink after ( the only vegan thing I could

find was

> >> lager so no big loss )

> >> the only downer was they added a service charge, and we thought

the price

> >> didnt include it, so no tip for them........ ....

> >>

> >>

<http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile & friendid=12354\

4694>

> >> Peter vv

> >>

> >>

> >> ** heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>

> >> *To:* @gro ups.com

> >> *Sent:* Thursday, 18 December, 2008 7:57:45 AM

> >> *Subject:* Christmas buffet lunch at work

> >>

> >> We have our departmental buffet today where we each bring food in to

> >> share - just cold buffet style.

> >>

> >> I have hummous, crudites, oatmeal crackers, and orange juice. In the

> >> past there has been plenty of vegan food, so hopefully today will be

> >> the same.

> >>

> >> I didn't go on our Christmas lunch outing as it was too expensive.

> >> The people who went didn't really enjoy it - disgusted that the

turkey

> >> was Bernard Matthews slices, not good quality, and the vegetarian

> >> option was risotto - so no vegan choice anyway.

> >>

> >> Jo

> >>

> >>

> >> " Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be

more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just

so we can have nice running shoes? "

> >>

> >>

> >>

> > " Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be

> >

> >

> >

>

I am lactose intolerant, so the allergy stuff isn't a complete fabrication. Blake On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 7:21 PM, dadiemert <dadiemert wrote:

>

>

>

>

> >

> >

> >

> > Blake Wilson

> >

> >

> > vegetable oil.

> >

> > blake

> >

> >

cheaper, its

> >> anyone....

> >>

> >>

<http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile & friendid=123544694>

> >> Peter vv

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> Peter VV

> >> @gro ups.com

> >>

mashed

saag

dairy. At

find was

the price

> >>

> >>

<http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile & friendid=123544694>

> >> Peter vv

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> the same.

> >>

turkey

> >>

> >> Jo

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

>

Milk protein intolerant here, too. I will get sick if I ingest it.On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Blake Wilson <mbw wrote:

I am lactose intolerant, so the allergy stuff isn't a complete fabrication. Blake On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 7:21 PM, dadiemert <dadiemert wrote:

>

>

>

>

> >

> >

> >

> > Blake Wilson

> >

> >

> > vegetable oil.

> >

> > blake

> >

> >

cheaper, its

> >> anyone....

> >>

> >>

> >> Peter vv

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> Peter VV

> >> @gro ups.com

> >>

mashed

saag

dairy. At

find was

the price

> >>

> >>

> >> Peter vv

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> the same.

> >>

turkey

> >>

> >> Jo

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

>

-- AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_Gothic

Boston_MysticBoston-Pagans

same with Rebecca....

her brother gave her ice cream when they both were real youn. she spent a week in the hospital

Blue Rose Dec 21, 2008 9:36 AM Re: Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work

Milk protein intolerant here, too. I will get sick if I ingest it.

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Blake Wilson <mbw wrote:

I am lactose intolerant, so the allergy stuff isn't a complete fabrication. Blake

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 7:21 PM, dadiemert <dadiemert > wrote:

I do this sometimes as well, mainly when I'm out eating inrestaurants. I tell them I'm allergic and I almost always don't haveto worry about them adding cheese, etc. to my dish.

, "Blake Wilson" <mbw wrote:>> i find the way to approach it is to say you're allergic to dairy.> > truth will come out pretty fast....>

> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:46 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:> > > really? when we've asked around here, most seem to use "real" ghee> >> >> > > > Blake Wilson> > Dec 19, 2008 11:37 AM> > > > Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work> >> > same here in the US. i was surprised when i asked and found most use> > vegetable oil.> >> > blake> >

> > On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:> >> >> yep, most takeaways use vegetable ghee not dairy as itscheaper, its> >> only usualy the more expensive sit down places that use dairy ghee.> >> you just got to use yer voice and ask, simple as that, it dont offend> >> anyone....> >>> >><http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile & friendid=123544694>> >> Peter vv> >>> >>> >> ------------------------------> >> ** fraggle <EBbrewpunx> >> *To:*

> >> *Sent:* Friday, 19 December, 2008 7:25:41 PM> >> *Subject:* Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work> >>> >> is it easy over there t o find indian food w/o ghee?> >>> >>> >> > >> Peter VV> >> Dec 19, 2008 11:05 AM> >> @gro ups.com> >> Re: Christmas buffet lunch at work> >>> >> We went out for a christmas meal last night,> >> my meal consisted of for starter a veg pakora, onion bhaji, and amashed> >> potato in batter type thing, for main, I had bombay potato bhaji,saag> >> (spinach ) bhaji, a cauliflower cry curry ( hate cauli - so that went> >> begging ), and a chickpea curry and boiled rice and roti/chapati.> >> the manager was very good doing all those without ghee or anydairy. At> >> one point he came across to me to ask if flour was ok?!?!?!> >> was far too stuffed to drink after ( the only vegan thing I couldfind was> >> lager so no big loss )> >> the only downer was they added a service charge, and we thoughtthe price> >> didnt include it, so no tip for them........ ....> >>> >><http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile & friendid=123544694>

> >> Peter vv> >>> >>> >> ------------------------------> >> ** heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>> >> *To:* @gro ups.com> >> *Sent:* Thursday, 18 December, 2008 7:57:45 AM> >> *Subject:* Christmas buffet lunch at work> >>> >> We have our departmental buffet today where we each bring food in to> >> share - just cold buffet style.> >>> >> I have hummous, crudites, oatmeal crackers, and orange juice. In the> >> past there has been plenty of vegan food, so hopefully today will be> >> the same.> >>> >> I didn't go on our Christmas lunch outing as it was too expensive.> >> The people who went didn't really enjoy it - disgusted that theturkey> >> was Bernard Matthews slices, not good quality, and the vegetarian> >> option was risotto - so no vegan choice anyway.> >>> >> Jo> >>> >>> >> "Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will bemore secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"> >>> >>> >>> > "Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will bemore secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"> >> > > >>-- AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

Did I answer this email ???!!!

Anyway - sounds like you had a nice meal.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Friday, December 19, 2008 7:05 PM

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Sent: Thursday, 18 December, 2008 7:57:45 AM Christmas buffet lunch at work

Hi

The buffet was good. There were the things I took and various Indian snacks that were vegan - samosas, pakoras, bhajis etc. and some vegan pate sandwiches, various crisps etc. Somebody made vegan chocolate brownies, and mincepies, that I could eat from the sweet things. It was very encouraging to see only one non-veggie item, the rest being vegetarian or vegan. Very enjoyable.

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:35 PM

let us know how it turned out

heartwerk Dec 17, 2008 11:57 PM Christmas buffet lunch at work