IndiaDivine.org

just how spiritual is the dalai lama? some would say not that much...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY - MCCARTNEY'S MEAT ROW WITH DALAI LAMA12/15/2008http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/mccartneys%20meat%20row%20with%20dalai%20lama_1089529SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY tried to turn the DALAI LAMA vegetarian, insisting the famed Buddhist was "wrong" to eat meat.The Beatles legend wrote to the spiritual leader to point out that meat-eaters contribute to the suffering of animals, contradicting his statement that Buddhists "believe in not causing suffering to any sentient beings".And the Hey Jude hitmaker even disagreed when the Dalai Lama insisted he ate meat for health reasons.In an interview with Prospect magazine, MCCartney says, "I found out he was not a vegetarian, so I wrote to him saying 'Forgive me for pointing this out, but if you eat animals then there is some suffering somewhere along the line'."He replied saying that his doctors had told him he needed it, so I wrote back saying they were wrong." Live Simply So ThatOthers May Simply Live

lovelife...

colin sky

what kind of doctors are these?

Peter vv

colin sky <colinskyworldvegansociety <worldvegansociety >Friday, 19 December, 2008 8:26:03 PM just how spiritual is the dalai lama? some would say not that much...

SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY - MCCARTNEY'S MEAT ROW WITH DALAI LAMA12/15/2008http://www.contactm usic.com/ news.nsf/ article/mccartne ys%20meat% 20row%20with% 20dalai%20lama_ 1089529SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY tried to turn the DALAI LAMA vegetarian, insisting the famed Buddhist was "wrong" to eat meat.The Beatles legend wrote to the spiritual leader to point out that meat-eaters contribute to the suffering of animals, contradicting his statement that Buddhists "believe in not causing suffering to any sentient beings".And the Hey Jude hitmaker even disagreed when the Dalai Lama insisted he ate meat for health reasons.In an interview with Prospect magazine, MCCartney says, "I found out he was not a vegetarian,

so I wrote to him saying 'Forgive me for pointing this out, but if you eat animals then there is some suffering somewhere along the line'."He replied saying that his doctors had told him he needed it, so I wrote back saying they were wrong." Live Simply So ThatOthers May Simply Live

lovelife...

colin sky

dr. weston price, perhaps?;^)bake On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

what kind of doctors are these?

Peter vv

colin sky <colinskyworldvegansociety <worldvegansociety >

Friday, 19 December, 2008 8:26:03 PM just how spiritual is the dalai lama? some would say not that much...

SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY - MCCARTNEY'S MEAT ROW WITH DALAI LAMA12/15/2008http://www.contactm usic.com/ news.nsf/ article/mccartne ys%20meat% 20row%20with% 20dalai%20lama_ 1089529

SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY tried to turn the DALAI LAMA vegetarian, insisting the famed Buddhist was " wrong " to eat meat.The Beatles legend wrote to the spiritual leader to point out that meat-eaters contribute to the suffering of animals, contradicting his statement that Buddhists " believe in not causing suffering to any sentient beings " .

And the Hey Jude hitmaker even disagreed when the Dalai Lama insisted he ate meat for health reasons.In an interview with Prospect magazine, MCCartney says, " I found out he was not a vegetarian,

so I wrote to him saying 'Forgive me for pointing this out, but if you eat animals then there is some suffering somewhere along the line'. " He replied saying that his doctors had told him he needed it, so I wrote back saying they were wrong. "

Live Simply So ThatOthers May Simply Live

lovelife...

colin sky