IndiaDivine.org

Alcoholic Beverage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

depends on the beverage

are we talking str8, or a mixed drink?

clear alcohol, wine, or beer?

most hard alcohols will be vegan, like vodka, whiskey, gin, etc. there are always a few oddball exceptions, but they are pretty dang obvous (bacon vodka anyone?) (ew)

wine..depends...a lot of wine is processed with some sort of animal prodct, be it gelatin, egg whites, or what have you...there are a bunch of vegan wines out there, have to know where you to recommend some

beer...most beers in the US are vegan. again, there are exceptions. UK beers, much bigger issue. there they use isinglass, but even there, a number of beers are fine. stay away from anything cask conditioned.

fraggle

natenjade Dec 20, 2008 8:51 AM Alcoholic Beverage

How can you tell if an alcoholic beverage is vegan?

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

I like my wine! I live in the US..Hawaii, not to vegan friendly. is there a way

to tell by the

bottle(i.e. organic etc.) or do i need to do some research>

Thanks

Dani

By the way, my mom and her family are from England, Middlesex actually! We'll

be visiting

again in 2010! Looking forward to some yummy food! The food here is pretty

boring!

do you have a whole foods nearby? the ones here have a section for vegan and organic wines.

it all depends on the wine. a lot are not vegan. and with some companies, it depends on the wine. there are a number of wineries out thier which are specically vegan, like Frey, and organic wine com. unfortunately, a bunch of em suck.

definately look around.

natenjade Dec 20, 2008 9:34 AM Re: Alcoholic Beverage

I like my wine! I live in the US..Hawaii, not to vegan friendly. is there a way to tell by the bottle(i.e. organic etc.) or do i need to do some research>ThanksDaniBy the way, my mom and her family are from England, Middlesex actually! We'll be visiting again in 2010! Looking forward to some yummy food! The food here is pretty boring!

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

now now, don't be telling the folks to make their own whiskey..you never know when the revenuers are watching!!!

Blake Wilson Dec 20, 2008 11:24 AM Re: Alcoholic Beverage

make it yourself, that way you can be sure!blake

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 9:51 AM, natenjade <lilbugga (AT) hawaii (DOT) rr.com> wrote:

i think you meant to say " them " revenuers, eh frag? blake On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 3:04 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

now now, don't be telling the folks to make their own whiskey..you never know when the revenuers are watching!!!

Blake Wilson Dec 20, 2008 11:24 AM

Re: Alcoholic Beverage

make it yourself, that way you can be sure!blake

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 9:51 AM, natenjade <lilbugga wrote:

" Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes? "

I check with the producers.

I'm mostly a beer and wine drinker, in that order, so I don't know about

the hard stuff. However, the last time I looked into it, most wines are

clarified using animal products, often egg whites. This is more true of

whites than reds. The Frey vineyard in California is vegan, however, and

so is the Cooper Hill vineyard in Oregon. There are probably more, but

that does me fine, so I haven't tried to find out about others.

Beers and ales tend to be vegan, though there are exceptions. Guiness

Ale, for example, is filtered through isenglass, which is a fish

product. The mainstream beers are filtered with sand, so if you're a

PBR, Miller or Bud person, you're fine. Oregon, where I live, is home to

many microbreweries, and they're pretty much vegan with a few special

products as exceptions. For instance, Widmer, Bridgeport and McMenamins

are generally vegan. The New Belgium brewery in Colorado is mostly

vegan, too, and so are the Washington State microbrews.

I've found that vineyards and breweries are very good about giving

information about their products. Go to their web sites and if you can't

find information, just email the webmaster.

Bright blessings of the season!

Cheers,

Trish

natenjade wrote:

>

> How can you tell if an alcoholic beverage is vegan?

>

>

i dunno...

The mainstream beers are filtered with sand, so if you're a PBR, Miller or Bud person, you're fine.i would say if you were a bud person, then you are definately not fine!

WHAT?????!!!!! you expected me to just let that one pass by?!

bantrymoon Dec 20, 2008 4:15 PM Re: Alcoholic Beverage

I check with the producers.I'm mostly a beer and wine drinker, in that order, so I don't know about the hard stuff. However, the last time I looked into it, most wines are clarified using animal products, often egg whites. This is more true of whites than reds. The Frey vineyard in California is vegan, however, and so is the Cooper Hill vineyard in Oregon. There are probably more, but that does me fine, so I haven't tried to find out about others.Beers and ales tend to be vegan, though there are exceptions. Guiness Ale, for example, is filtered through isenglass, which is a fish product. The mainstream beers are filtered with sand, so if you're a PBR, Miller or Bud person, you're fine. Oregon, where I live, is home to many microbreweries, and they're pretty much vegan with a few special products as exceptions. For instance, Widmer, Bridgeport and McMenamins are generally vegan. The New Belgium brewery in Colorado is mostly vegan, too, and so are the Washington State microbrews.I've found that vineyards and breweries are very good about giving information about their products. Go to their web sites and if you can't find information, just email the webmaster.Bright blessings of the season!Cheers,Trishnatenjade wrote:>> How can you tell if an alcoholic beverage is vegan?>>

Oh, my dear person, you are preaching to the choir. We microbrew people

up here in Oregon call these beers " no-brainers. " But one must be

tolerant of others, mustn't one? If that lightweight bubbly stuff is

one's cup of brew, then vegans can go for it.

Cheers,

Trish

fraggle wrote:

>

> i dunno...

>

> /The mainstream beers are filtered with sand, so if you're a

> PBR, Miller or Bud person, you're fine./

>

> i would say if you were a bud person, then you are definately not fine!

>

> WHAT?????!!!!! you expected me to just let that one pass by?!

>

>

> bantrymoon

> Dec 20, 2008 4:15 PM

>

> Re: Alcoholic Beverage

>

> I check with the producers.

>

> I'm mostly a beer and wine drinker, in that order, so I don't know

> about

> the hard stuff. However, the last time I looked into it, most

> wines are

> clarified using animal products, often egg whites. This is more

> true of

> whites than reds. The Frey vineyard in California is vegan,

> however, and

> so is the Cooper Hill vineyard in Oregon. There are probably more,

> but

> that does me fine, so I haven't tried to find out about others.

>

> Beers and ales tend to be vegan, though there are exceptions. Guiness

> Ale, for example, is filtered through isenglass, which is a fish

> product. The mainstream beers are filtered with sand, so if you're a

> PBR, Miller or Bud person, you're fine. Oregon, where I live, is

> home to

> many microbreweries, and they're pretty much vegan with a few special

> products as exceptions. For instance, Widmer, Bridgeport and

> McMenamins

> are generally vegan. The New Belgium brewery in Colorado is mostly

> vegan, too, and so are the Washington State microbrews.

>

> I've found that vineyards and breweries are very good about giving

> information about their products. Go to their web sites and if you

> can't

> find information, just email the webmaster.

>

> Bright blessings of the season!

>

> Cheers,

>

> Trish

>

> natenjade wrote:

> >

> > How can you tell if an alcoholic beverage is vegan?

> >

> >

>

> " Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure

when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice

running shoes? "

>

>

sadly, i tolerate very little when it comes to beer..

ah beer...manna o life...

teacher..mother..secret lover..........

bantrymoon Dec 20, 2008 7:38 PM Re: Alcoholic Beverage

Oh, my dear person, you are preaching to the choir. We microbrew people up here in Oregon call these beers "no-brainers." But one must be tolerant of others, mustn't one? If that lightweight bubbly stuff is one's cup of brew, then vegans can go for it.Cheers,Trishfraggle wrote:>> i dunno...>> /The mainstream beers are filtered with sand, so if you're a> PBR, Miller or Bud person, you're fine./>> i would say if you were a bud person, then you are definately not fine!>> WHAT?????!!!!! you expected me to just let that one pass by?!>> > bantrymoon (AT) comcast (DOT) net> Dec 20, 2008 4:15 PM> > Re: Alcoholic Beverage>> I check with the producers.>> I'm mostly a beer and wine drinker, in that order, so I don't know> about> the hard stuff. However, the last time I looked into it, most> wines are> clarified using animal products, often egg whites. This is more> true of> whites than reds. The Frey vineyard in California is vegan,> however, and> so is the Cooper Hill vineyard in Oregon. There are probably more,> but> that does me fine, so I haven't tried to find out about others.>> Beers and ales tend to be vegan, though there are exceptions. Guiness> Ale, for example, is filtered through isenglass, which is a fish> product. The mainstream beers are filtered with sand, so if you're a> PBR, Miller or Bud person, you're fine. Oregon, where I live, is> home to> many microbreweries, and they're pretty much vegan with a few special> products as exceptions. For instance, Widmer, Bridgeport and> McMenamins> are generally vegan. The New Belgium brewery in Colorado is mostly> vegan, too, and so are the Washington State microbrews.>> I've found that vineyards and breweries are very good about giving> information about their products. Go to their web sites and if you> can't> find information, just email the webmaster.>> Bright blessings of the season!>> Cheers,>> Trish>> natenjade wrote:> >> > How can you tell if an alcoholic beverage is vegan?> >> >>> "Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"> >

New Belgium, brewers of the fine Fat Tire and other beers, is also solar powered, and about an hour from us. A righteous company making a righteous product. Blake On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 5:15 PM, <bantrymoon wrote:

Cheers,

Trish

natenjade wrote:

>

>

>

i like New Belgium's ideals, and the way they run their company (heck, on an employee's one year anniversary of working there, they get a bike)

alas, i am less then thrilled with their beer...la folie is ok, and the frambozen...i was severely disappointed with their tripple a number of years ago. hopefully its improved.

you can now find Fat Tire in cans around here. so odd, craft beer in a can.

(and blake, we also have oskar blues here now as well..their scotch ale is great, glad that finally made it out here)

fraggle

Blake Wilson Dec 21, 2008 9:16 AM Re: Alcoholic Beverage

New Belgium, brewers of the fine Fat Tire and other beers, is also solar powered, and about an hour from us. A righteous company making a righteous product. Blake

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 5:15 PM, <bantrymoon (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

I check with the producers.I'm mostly a beer and wine drinker, in that order, so I don't know about the hard stuff. However, the last time I looked into it, most wines are clarified using animal products, often egg whites. This is more true of whites than reds. The Frey vineyard in California is vegan, however, and so is the Cooper Hill vineyard in Oregon. There are probably more, but that does me fine, so I haven't tried to find out about others.Beers and ales tend to be vegan, though there are exceptions. Guiness Ale, for example, is filtered through isenglass, which is a fish product. The mainstream beers are filtered with sand, so if you're a PBR, Miller or Bud person, you're fine. Oregon, where I live, is home to many microbreweries, and they're pretty much vegan with a few special products as exceptions. For instance, Widmer, Bridgeport and McMenamins are generally vegan. The New Belgium brewery in Colorado is mostly vegan, too, and so are the Washington State microbrews.I've found that vineyards and breweries are very good about giving information about their products. Go to their web sites and if you can't find information, just email the webmaster.Bright blessings of the season!Cheers,Trish

natenjade wrote:>> How can you tell if an alcoholic beverage is vegan?>>

I was introduced to Fat Tire at a little bar, The Dog Bar, in Cuchara, Co. this past summer. I was pleased to find it in Knoxville, TN after I got back. I'm even more pleased to hear that it's a righteous company!Karen--- On Sun, 12/21/08, Blake Wilson <mbw wrote:Blake Wilson <mbwRe: Alcoholic Beverage Date: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 12:16 PM

New Belgium, brewers of the fine Fat Tire and other beers, is also solar powered, and about an hour from us. A righteous company making a righteous product. Blake On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 5:15 PM, <bantrymoon (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

Cheers,

Trish

natenjade wrote:

>

>

>

wow, oskar blues in the bayarea! neat-o! yes, old chubb is good stuff. what are you paying out there? even tho its made 10 miles away, it's still fairly spendy at about $15 a 12 pack of cans. i've been enjoying these canned beers a lot lately.

another fairly close by brewer is o'dells, who make a lighter scotch ale called 90 schilling which i like quite a bit. On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 10:47 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i like New Belgium's ideals, and the way they run their company (heck, on an employee's one year anniversary of working there, they get a bike)

alas, i am less then thrilled with their beer...la folie is ok, and the frambozen...i was severely disappointed with their tripple a number of years ago. hopefully its improved.

(and blake, we also have oskar blues here now as well..their scotch ale is great, glad that finally made it out here)

fraggle

Blake Wilson Dec 21, 2008 9:16 AM

New Belgium, brewers of the fine Fat Tire and other beers, is also solar powered, and about an hour from us. A righteous company making a righteous product. Blake

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 5:15 PM, <bantrymoon wrote:

I check with the producers.I'm mostly a beer and wine drinker, in that order, so I don't know about the hard stuff. However, the last time I looked into it, most wines are clarified using animal products, often egg whites. This is more true of

whites than reds. The Frey vineyard in California is vegan, however, and so is the Cooper Hill vineyard in Oregon. There are probably more, but that does me fine, so I haven't tried to find out about others.

Beers and ales tend to be vegan, though there are exceptions. Guiness Ale, for example, is filtered through isenglass, which is a fish product. The mainstream beers are filtered with sand, so if you're a

PBR, Miller or Bud person, you're fine. Oregon, where I live, is home to many microbreweries, and they're pretty much vegan with a few special products as exceptions. For instance, Widmer, Bridgeport and McMenamins

are generally vegan. The New Belgium brewery in Colorado is mostly vegan, too, and so are the Washington State microbrews.I've found that vineyards and breweries are very good about giving information about their products. Go to their web sites and if you can't

find information, just email the webmaster.Bright blessings of the season!Cheers,Trish

" Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes? "

i've had o'dells, both in and around denver and at the GABF...

oskar blues...dale and old chubb were about $9 a 6 pack....an gordon was i think $10,50 a 4 pack..

the old chubb went fast! already have bought three 6 packs of the stuff since i found it at bevmo two -three weeks ago

i'll tell you, some GREAT breweries out in Colorado.

great beer, GABF, Water Course Restaurant in Denver..almost makes one want to move....

i said almost

:)

cheers

fraggle

Blake Wilson Dec 21, 2008 12:59 PM Re: Alcoholic Beverage

wow, oskar blues in the bayarea! neat-o! yes, old chubb is good stuff. what are you paying out there? even tho its made 10 miles away, it's still fairly spendy at about $15 a 12 pack of cans. i've been enjoying these canned beers a lot lately. another fairly close by brewer is o'dells, who make a lighter scotch ale called 90 schilling which i like quite a bit.

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 10:47 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

fraggle

I check with the producers.I'm mostly a beer and wine drinker, in that order, so I don't know about the hard stuff. However, the last time I looked into it, most wines are clarified using animal products, often egg whites. This is more true of whites than reds. The Frey vineyard in California is vegan, however, and so is the Cooper Hill vineyard in Oregon. There are probably more, but that does me fine, so I haven't tried to find out about others.Beers and ales tend to be vegan, though there are exceptions. Guiness Ale, for example, is filtered through isenglass, which is a fish product. The mainstream beers are filtered with sand, so if you're a PBR, Miller or Bud person, you're fine. Oregon, where I live, is home to many microbreweries, and they're pretty much vegan with a few special products as exceptions. For instance, Widmer, Bridgeport and McMenamins are generally vegan. The New Belgium brewery in Colorado is mostly vegan, too, and so are the Washington State microbrews.I've found that vineyards and breweries are very good about giving information about their products. Go to their web sites and if you can't find information, just email the webmaster.Bright blessings of the season!Cheers,Trish

"NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President."

water course, haven't been there yet, but just checked it out. looks promising!blake On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 2:10 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

oskar blues...dale and old chubb were about $9 a 6 pack....an gordon was i think $10,50 a 4 pack..

the old chubb went fast! already have bought three 6 packs of the stuff since i found it at bevmo two -three weeks ago

great beer, GABF, Water Course Restaurant in Denver..almost makes one want to move....

i said almost

cheers

fraggle

Blake Wilson Dec 21, 2008 12:59 PM

wow, oskar blues in the bayarea! neat-o! yes, old chubb is good stuff. what are you paying out there? even tho its made 10 miles away, it's still fairly spendy at about $15 a 12 pack of cans. i've been enjoying these canned beers a lot lately.

another fairly close by brewer is o'dells, who make a lighter scotch ale called 90 schilling which i like quite a bit.

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 10:47 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

fraggle

Blake Wilson Dec 21, 2008 9:16 AM

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 5:15 PM, <bantrymoon wrote:

I check with the producers.I'm mostly a beer and wine drinker, in that order, so I don't know about the hard stuff. However, the last time I looked into it, most wines are clarified using animal products, often egg whites. This is more true of

whites than reds. The Frey vineyard in California is vegan, however, and so is the Cooper Hill vineyard in Oregon. There are probably more, but that does me fine, so I haven't tried to find out about others.

Beers and ales tend to be vegan, though there are exceptions. Guiness Ale, for example, is filtered through isenglass, which is a fish product. The mainstream beers are filtered with sand, so if you're a

PBR, Miller or Bud person, you're fine. Oregon, where I live, is home to many microbreweries, and they're pretty much vegan with a few special products as exceptions. For instance, Widmer, Bridgeport and McMenamins

are generally vegan. The New Belgium brewery in Colorado is mostly vegan, too, and so are the Washington State microbrews.I've found that vineyards and breweries are very good about giving information about their products. Go to their web sites and if you can't

find information, just email the webmaster.Bright blessings of the season!Cheers,Trish

" NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President. "

i definately would try it!

rebecca and i go there everyday when we are in denver....

addictions....

Blake Wilson Dec 21, 2008 1:48 PM Re: Alcoholic Beverage

water course, haven't been there yet, but just checked it out. looks promising!blake

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 2:10 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

i said almost

cheers

fraggle

Blake Wilson

Dec 21, 2008 12:59 PM Re: Alcoholic Beverage

wow, oskar blues in the bayarea! neat-o! yes, old chubb is good stuff. what are you paying out there? even tho its made 10 miles away, it's still fairly spendy at about $15 a 12 pack of cans. i've been enjoying these canned beers a lot lately. another fairly close by brewer is o'dells, who make a lighter scotch ale called 90 schilling which i like quite a bit.

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 10:47 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

fraggle

"NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President."