IndiaDivine.org

Happy Solstice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

although rebecca and i are not religious, nor observation, we did get up early

this morning, and had a little solstice celebration.

opened up a magnum bottle of Anchor X-mas..drank ahve s the dark sky turned,

well, greay, as it was cloudy. then heated up the other have an added cinnamon,

nutmeg and vanilla...

then i got to take the dogs for a walk..in the rain...lucky me

while rebecca made latke/potato thingees....

anyone else? Jo?....

cheer

fraggle

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for

the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a

temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and

what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to

obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

I just did an offering rite to Dionysos myself.:)On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 4:37 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

although rebecca and i are not religious, nor observation, we did get up early this morning, and had a little solstice celebration.

opened up a magnum bottle of Anchor X-mas..drank ahve s the dark sky turned, well, greay, as it was cloudy. then heated up the other have an added cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla...

anyone else? Jo?....

cheer

fraggle

For in a Republic, who is "the country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

---

To send an email to -! Groups Links

<*>

/

<*> Your email settings:

Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

/join

( ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

-digest

-fullfeatured

<*>

what did that entail? what did you do?

Blue Rose Dec 21, 2008 1:41 PM Re: Happy Solstice

I just did an offering rite to Dionysos myself.:)

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 4:37 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

although rebecca and i are not religious, nor observation, we did get up early this morning, and had a little solstice celebration.opened up a magnum bottle of Anchor X-mas..drank ahve s the dark sky turned, well, greay, as it was cloudy. then heated up the other have an added cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla...then i got to take the dogs for a walk..in the rain...lucky mewhile rebecca made latke/potato thingees....anyone else? Jo?....cheerfraggleFor in a Republic, who is "the country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.Mark Twain---To send an email to -

i went in the garden yesterday, and i still have one plant spitting out cherry tomatoes...somehow...

granted, there are like three of em on there, but, still..

and the poha berry/cape gooseberry plant decided now would be a great time to fruit....

*rolls eyes*

yarrow Dec 21, 2008 12:45 PM Re: Happy Solstice

Today's the day for the composting of the last tomato plants. I picked the last of them just before the freezing temperatures earlier this week.

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

Happy shortest day to you too.

Didnt celebrate, too busy doin chores etc...

just had a chocolate off the chrimbo tree, does that count?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunxvegan chat Sunday, 21 December, 2008 9:37:31 PM Happy Solstice

although rebecca and i are not religious, nor observation, we did get up early this morning, and had a little solstice celebration.opened up a magnum bottle of Anchor X-mas..drank ahve s the dark sky turned, well, greay, as it was cloudy. then heated up the other have an added cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla...then i got to take the dogs for a walk..in the rain...lucky mewhile rebecca made latke/potato thingees....anyone else? Jo?....cheerfraggleFor in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Mark Twain

Burnt him some incense, made a libation, and said a prayer to him in honor of the holiday. Pretty basic. :)On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 4:47 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

what did that entail? what did you do?

Blue Rose Dec 21, 2008 1:41 PM

Re: Happy Solstice

I just did an offering rite to Dionysos myself.:)

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 4:37 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

although rebecca and i are not religious, nor observation, we did get up early this morning, and had a little solstice celebration.

opened up a magnum bottle of Anchor X-mas..drank ahve s the dark sky turned, well, greay, as it was cloudy. then heated up the other have an added cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla...then i got to take the dogs for a walk..in the rain...lucky me

while rebecca made latke/potato thingees....anyone else? Jo?....cheerfraggleFor in a Republic, who is " the country " ? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain---To send an email to -! Groups Links<*>

/<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to:

/join ( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: -digest

-fullfeatured <*>

counts if you want it to

and hey, just means days get longer from here on out! come back summer!!!

Peter VV Dec 21, 2008 1:53 PM Re: Happy Solstice

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>vegan chat Sunday, 21 December, 2008 9:37:31 PM Happy Solstice

although rebecca and i are not religious, nor observation, we did get up early this morning, and had a little solstice celebration.opened up a magnum bottle of Anchor X-mas..drank ahve s the dark sky turned, well, greay, as it was cloudy. then heated up the other have an added cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla...then i got to take the dogs for a walk..in the rain...lucky mewhile rebecca made latke/potato thingees....anyone else? Jo?....cheerfraggleFor in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Mark Twain

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

Hi Fraggle

That sounds lovely.

We didn't get up for the sunrise this morning - first time for several years - but we did have our day similar to the traditional Christmas day, and we lit candles at sunset.

Happy Solstice/Merry Yule.

BBJo

-

fraggle

vegan chat

Sunday, December 21, 2008 9:37 PM

Happy Solstice

Hi FraggleWell, Jo's already answered for us... usual sort of Yule stuff... pressies, hugs dinner, lit a candle for health & happiness.... nothing bigm, but good fun.Sounds like your celebration was pretty good (with the exception of the rain!)

BBPeter2008/12/21 fraggle <EBbrewpunx

opened up a magnum bottle of Anchor X-mas..drank ahve s the dark sky turned, well, greay, as it was cloudy. then heated up the other have an added cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla...

anyone else? Jo?....

cheer

fraggle

For in a Republic, who is "the country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

---

To send an email to -! Groups Links

<*>

/

<*> Your email settings:

Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

/join

( ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

-digest

-fullfeatured

<*>

Being of the alternative variety, I was planning to celebrate with 3

different groups. But Oregon apparently decided to imitate Minnesota,

because it's been snowing for over a week. Everything got canceled, so

I ended up as a solitary this year.

My partner isn't at all religious, but he joined me in a simple ritual.

I lit a candle to welcome to sun and left it in the fireplace where it

could burn down safely. Then, I read aloud from Sir Gawain and the

Green Knight while drinking some vegan, organic California wine and

eating vegan, organic chocolate cupcakes. I felt we needed to emphasize

food and drink from sunny places.

The vineyard, BTW, is called Girasole, located in Ukiah. I got a

chardonnay, tasty and wonderful. I made cupcakes using the Vegan

Cupcakes Take Over the World cookbook. That is one amazing book. Vegan

baking is easy, and the results are excellent. I've taken cupcakes made

from these recipes to potlucks and not mentioned they were vegan, and I

got tons of compliments on them.

Bright Solstice blessings, and all you sunny clime dwellers, send some

sympathetic energy up here to Oregon. It's still snowing! Really hard!

I don't think I'll be leaving my house for days.

Cheers,

Trish

I think that would count :-)

BBJo

-

Peter VV

Sunday, December 21, 2008 9:53 PM

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>vegan chat Sunday, 21 December, 2008 9:37:31 PM Happy Solstice

Hi Tirsh

We've been quite mild here for a few days - so sending some warmth to you (could we have a little of your snow - we don't get it often here :-) )

Happy Solstice

Jo

-

bantrymoon

Monday, December 22, 2008 4:23 PM

Being of the alternative variety, I was planning to celebrate with 3 different groups. But Oregon apparently decided to imitate Minnesota, because it's been snowing for over a week. Everything got canceled, so I ended up as a solitary this year. My partner isn't at all religious, but he joined me in a simple ritual. I lit a candle to welcome to sun and left it in the fireplace where it could burn down safely. Then, I read aloud from Sir Gawain and the Green Knight while drinking some vegan, organic California wine and eating vegan, organic chocolate cupcakes. I felt we needed to emphasize food and drink from sunny places.The vineyard, BTW, is called Girasole, located in Ukiah. I got a chardonnay, tasty and wonderful. I made cupcakes using the Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World cookbook. That is one amazing book. Vegan baking is easy, and the results are excellent. I've taken cupcakes made from these recipes to potlucks and not mentioned they were vegan, and I got tons of compliments on them.Bright Solstice blessings, and all you sunny clime dwellers, send some sympathetic energy up here to Oregon. It's still snowing! Really hard! I don't think I'll be leaving my house for days.Cheers,Trish