IndiaDivine.org

New Member/sushi/dinner

Rate this topic

Guest guest

well, you could have gotten a couple kappa maki rolls with that!

:)

tonite...

spicy vegan sausages sauteed with brocoli, onions and greens. with roasted potatoes.

what did everyone else have? anything interesting?

fraggle

ashley_kayei Jan 6, 2009 5:52 PM Vegan chat Its not a person Re: Re: New Member

Oooh, I'm addicted to sushi. I actually just got home from picking up some hibachi veggies from one of my fave japanese places. Didn't have the money for sushi tonight though. Two days until payday and I'm down to my last twenty bucks.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

"dadiemert" Tue, 06 Jan 2009 22:06:33 -0000 Re: New Member

I love sushi too....without the fish of course. There is a greatplace by my work where I get sweet potato tempura and avocado rolls,just to name a couple. Yum yum.Debra , "CKG" <cynthiaandtheothers wrote:>> Greetings from the ignorant and confused (ME):> > > > Sushi?? Am I missing something? Raw fish? Because if you have agreat Vegan recipe for sushi, I’d love to have it. I, too, LOVEedamame.> > > > Cyn (ßbrain dead)> > > > On Behalf Of fraggle> Tuesday, January 06, 2009 12:36 PM> > Re: New Member> > > > hello and greetings!> > i love edamame...and bsides, can't have sushi without a nice plateof em!> > :)> > cheers> > fraggle> > > > > rachmine > Jan 6, 2009 5:25 AM > > New Member > > > > > Hi, another new member.> > I think I may have posted a message already, but if it didn't go > through this is my first post.> A few days after applying for Vegan Chat I left Australia for the > great Japan. > So... for the last week or so I've been living off of rice, steamed > vegetables and motchi (a dessert made of rice and azuki bean paste).> And having left my vitamins back at home I'm pretty much a zombie by > now.> However, I did find some interesting Japanese dishes I thought I'd > share. These are some that my couzins and Aunt in Japan cooked for my > family.> > 1 ~ Sesmae spinache> surprisingly really tasty, with just asian spinache and seseame seeds > and paste!> > 2 ~ (Traditional) New Year's lemon vegetables> I'm not sure whether it usually has meat in it and they took it out > for me or not, but it was completely vegan.> slivered daikon and carrot maranated in lemon juice with tomato (or > other vegetables) around the edge of the dish. (lemon zest as a > garnish -^_^- )> > 3 ~ Edamame> Meaning beans (on a stalk), it was just soybeans in their pods. They > are naturally seasoned, I think, and were very good!> > And something I love about the fruit here - the apples are about > twice the size of a large Australian apple!!! > > > > "Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be moresecure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so wecan have nice running shoes?">

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

pad thai, using a great recipe that really works. its all in half-cooking the noodles, letting them dry out, then continuing to cook them in the sauce. viola! pad thai! the air is moving sideways outside. brrrrr!

blake On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:17 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

well, you could have gotten a couple kappa maki rolls with that!

:)

tonite...

spicy vegan sausages sauteed with brocoli, onions and greens. with roasted potatoes.

what did everyone else have? anything interesting?

fraggle