IndiaDivine.org

Alanis Morissette Goes Vegan and Loses 20 Pounds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wed, 01/07/2009 - 3:30am by FitSugar

3,275 Views - 29 comments

While many of us are just revving up our healthy New Year's resolutions, Alanis Morissette made her lifestyle overhaul months before the ball dropped. The unhealthy feeling she had from gaining weight and eating too many processed foods motivated her to make a major change, and Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s book Eat to Live gave her the tools to eat differently. Since converting to his recommended vegan diet in September, Alanis has lost 20 pounds. OK Magazine interviewed the slimmed-down singer, and here are the highlights.

On what made her gain weight: "A lot of salt and processed grains like bread. I was a sandwich person, and if I had rice, I would pack the salt on." On why she wanted to find a new eating plan: "Longevity. I realized I want to live till I’m 120. There’s a lifestyle that I am now happily creating that can, as best as is possible, prevent most forms of cancer and other diseases." On her workout routine: "When I’m out on tour, my shows are so physical that that really takes care of it. When I’m not on tour, I do between a half hour to an hour of light weights, running, biking, swimming, probably five times a week. I also love to kickbox and dance."

To see her answer when asked how it feels to be 20 pounds lighter, read more.

On how it feels to have lost 20 pounds: "I feel like a 12-year-old! I’m back to what I was born to be, at my best. I used to get out of bed in the morning and things were aching, and I just thought, this is what happens when you get into your 30s. But now I jump out of bed and have so much energy; I feel very alive. Even after a workout, I feel like if I rest a little bit I could go out dancing all night, so that’s exciting. I have no more aches and pains, and my allergies are gone, too."

Peter vv

but she wasn't fat. anyway I thought that she was already vegan.

I must be confusing her with someone else. anyways it's a good thing.

, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Wed, 01/07/2009 - 3:30am by FitSugar

> 3,275 Views - 29 comments

> While many of us are just revving up our healthy New Year's

resolutions, Alanis Morissette made her lifestyle overhaul months

before the ball dropped.

She wasn't fat - and she looked better before she lost weight!

Jo

-

flower child

Monday, January 12, 2009 7:47 PM

Re: Alanis Morissette Goes Vegan and Loses 20 Pounds

but she wasn't fat. anyway I thought that she was already vegan. I must be confusing her with someone else. anyways it's a good thing. , Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> Wed, 01/07/2009 - 3:30am by FitSugar > 3,275 Views - 29 comments > While many of us are just revving up our healthy New Year's resolutions, Alanis Morissette made her lifestyle overhaul months before the ball dropped.