IndiaDivine.org

New Member/sushi/dinner

Rate this topic

Guest guest

my favorie Thai dish is Amazing.

I'm not sure if that is the actual name for it but at my local

Thai restaurant on the Menu they just call it Amazing.

and it is Amazing!

, " Blake Wilson " <mbw wrote:

>

> pad thai, using a great recipe that really works. its all in half-

cooking

> the noodles, letting them dry out, then continuing to cook them in the

> sauce. viola! pad thai!

and then? yes? please describe Amazing...i'm hungry! blake On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM, flower child <zurumato wrote:

my favorie Thai dish is Amazing.

I'm not sure if that is the actual name for it but at my local

Thai restaurant on the Menu they just call it Amazing.

and it is Amazing!

, " Blake Wilson " <mbw wrote:

>

> pad thai, using a great recipe that really works. its all in half-

cooking

> the noodles, letting them dry out, then continuing to cook them in the

> sauce. viola! pad thai!

It's a humungous plate of all kinds of Thai vegetables, brocoli etc.

in a peanut curry sauce. You can ask for it mild, medium or hot.

Theres a nice salad. and it comes with a little thingy of rice.

The spring rolls are not fried. but still really good.

Anouk

, Blake Wilson <mbw wrote:

>

> and then? yes? please describe Amazing...i'm hungry!

>

> blake

>

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM, flower child <zurumatowrote:

>

> > my favorie Thai dish is Amazing.

>

doesn't sound so amazing...sounds....rather typical? thai vegetables, what are those? i mean, it comes with rice? wow....sorry.....blake On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM, flower child <zurumato wrote:

It's a humungous plate of all kinds of Thai vegetables, brocoli etc.

in a peanut curry sauce. You can ask for it mild, medium or hot.

Theres a nice salad. and it comes with a little thingy of rice.

The spring rolls are not fried. but still really good.

Anouk

>

> and then? yes? please describe Amazing...i'm hungry!

>

> blake

>

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM, flower child <zurumatowrote:

>

> > my favorie Thai dish is Amazing.

>

Sounds rather good to me - sorry!

Jo

2009/1/13 Blake Wilson <mbw

doesn't sound so amazing...sounds....rather typical? thai vegetables, what are those? i mean, it comes with rice? wow....sorry.....blake

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM, flower child <zurumato wrote:

It's a humungous plate of all kinds of Thai vegetables, brocoli etc. in a peanut curry sauce. You can ask for it mild, medium or hot. Theres a nice salad. and it comes with a little thingy of rice.

The spring rolls are not fried. but still really good. Anouk

, Blake Wilson <mbw wrote:>

> and then? yes? please describe Amazing...i'm hungry!> > blake> > On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM, flower child <zurumatowrote: > > > my favorie Thai dish is Amazing.>

Hay Blake

No need to be rude.

Peter

-

Blake Wilson

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:24 AM

Re: Re: New Member/sushi/dinner

doesn't sound so amazing...sounds....rather typical? thai vegetables, what are those? i mean, it comes with rice? wow....sorry.....blake

It's a humungous plate of all kinds of Thai vegetables, brocoli etc. in a peanut curry sauce. You can ask for it mild, medium or hot. Theres a nice salad. and it comes with a little thingy of rice. The spring rolls are not fried. but still really good. Anouk

> and then? yes? please describe Amazing...i'm hungry!> > blake> > On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM, flower child <zurumatowrote:

> > > my favorie Thai dish is Amazing.>

sorry, allow me to explain:since moving from both san francisco/san diego to boulder, colorado, i've been suffering major thai withdrawals. the restaurants here just don't make good thai food. none offer seitan/mock meats, which i like occasionally, so your only option is tofu. most are " pan asian " , so in trying to please everyone they don't specialize and suffer as a result.

one place has a vegetarian menu section, and a note that says " most dishes can be prepared vegan. please ask your server " . as we all know, to most asian restaurants, chicken stock and fish sauce are " vegetarian " . so i ordered kung pao tofu and asked for it vegan. the waitress had no idea 1). what i saying or, after pointing to word on the menu, 2). what " vegan " meant. i explained " no meat, no fish, no egg, no chicken stock, no fish sauce " and she finally got it. i know, it might have been her first day (or she's been there years and no one's ever asked for the vegan version). SD had two decent vegan asian joints; it's a real pleasure to walk into a place and know that nothing fishy is going on in the kitchen (heh, sorry about that pun....).

so i've had my share of the " vegetarian/vegan " dishes here, and unfortunately it's just like i was describing (a pile of overcooked veggies, a bland sauce, and rice....that might be " amazing " at anouk's place, but not here...). boulder's only got 80K people, so its unfair to compare it to the vastly more international cities like SF and SD. i'm a bit of a snob about this type of cuisine, and luckily i've finally found a place here i love...my own kitchen!

so again, it's kind of thorn in my side (obviously!), so sorry if was rude to the food. or anouk! :^)blake On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hay Blake

No need to be rude.

Peter

-

Blake Wilson

It's a humungous plate of all kinds of Thai vegetables, brocoli etc. in a peanut curry sauce. You can ask for it mild, medium or hot. Theres a nice salad. and it comes with a little thingy of rice. The spring rolls are not fried. but still really good. Anouk

> and then? yes? please describe Amazing...i'm hungry!> > blake> > On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM, flower child <zurumatowrote:

I go to My Thai Vegetarian in Brookline. I guess I'm pretty spoiled living in the Greater Boston area. :-/ We have a number of vegan and vegan/vegetarian restaurants, and between My Thai and Grasshopper I'm pretty set for Asian food!

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Blake Wilson <mbw wrote:

sorry, allow me to explain:since moving from both san francisco/san diego to boulder, colorado, i've been suffering major thai withdrawals. the restaurants here just don't make good thai food. none offer seitan/mock meats, which i like occasionally, so your only option is tofu. most are " pan asian " , so in trying to please everyone they don't specialize and suffer as a result.

one place has a vegetarian menu section, and a note that says " most dishes can be prepared vegan. please ask your server " . as we all know, to most asian restaurants, chicken stock and fish sauce are " vegetarian " . so i ordered kung pao tofu and asked for it vegan. the waitress had no idea 1). what i saying or, after pointing to word on the menu, 2). what " vegan " meant. i explained " no meat, no fish, no egg, no chicken stock, no fish sauce " and she finally got it. i know, it might have been her first day (or she's been there years and no one's ever asked for the vegan version). SD had two decent vegan asian joints; it's a real pleasure to walk into a place and know that nothing fishy is going on in the kitchen (heh, sorry about that pun....).

so i've had my share of the " vegetarian/vegan " dishes here, and unfortunately it's just like i was describing (a pile of overcooked veggies, a bland sauce, and rice....that might be " amazing " at anouk's place, but not here...). boulder's only got 80K people, so its unfair to compare it to the vastly more international cities like SF and SD. i'm a bit of a snob about this type of cuisine, and luckily i've finally found a place here i love...my own kitchen!

so again, it's kind of thorn in my side (obviously!), so sorry if was rude to the food. or anouk! :^)blake

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hay Blake

No need to be rude.

Peter

-

Blake Wilson

It's a humungous plate of all kinds of Thai vegetables, brocoli etc. in a peanut curry sauce. You can ask for it mild, medium or hot. Theres a nice salad. and it comes with a little thingy of rice.

The spring rolls are not fried. but still really good. Anouk

> and then? yes? please describe Amazing...i'm hungry!> > blake> > On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM, flower child <zurumatowrote: > > > my favorie Thai dish is Amazing.>

-- AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com

~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

Hi BlakeFair enough. I sympathise with your pain! I've only ever been to one Thai restaurant myself, when I was in Minneapolis... I have no idea how good it was compared to other Thai places, but I enjoyed it!

BBPeter2009/1/13 Blake Wilson <mbw

so again, it's kind of thorn in my side (obviously!), so sorry if was rude to the food. or anouk! :^)blake

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hay Blake

No need to be rude.

Peter

-

Blake Wilson

never moving from the bay area. never moving fom the bay area. never moving from the bay area.....

Blake Wilson Jan 13, 2009 7:23 AM Re: Re: New Member/sushi/dinner

sorry, allow me to explain:since moving from both san francisco/san diego to boulder, colorado, i've been suffering major thai withdrawals. the restaurants here just don't make good thai food. none offer seitan/mock meats, which i like occasionally, so your only option is tofu. most are "pan asian", so in trying to please everyone they don't specialize and suffer as a result. one place has a vegetarian menu section, and a note that says "most dishes can be prepared vegan. please ask your server". as we all know, to most asian restaurants, chicken stock and fish sauce are "vegetarian". so i ordered kung pao tofu and asked for it vegan. the waitress had no idea 1). what i saying or, after pointing to word on the menu, 2). what "vegan" meant. i explained "no meat, no fish, no egg, no chicken stock, no fish sauce" and she finally got it. i know, it might have been her first day (or she's been there years and no one's ever asked for the vegan version). SD had two decent vegan asian joints; it's a real pleasure to walk into a place and know that nothing fishy is going on in the kitchen (heh, sorry about that pun....). so i've had my share of the "vegetarian/vegan" dishes here, and unfortunately it's just like i was describing (a pile of overcooked veggies, a bland sauce, and rice....that might be "amazing" at anouk's place, but not here...). boulder's only got 80K people, so its unfair to compare it to the vastly more international cities like SF and SD. i'm a bit of a snob about this type of cuisine, and luckily i've finally found a place here i love...my own kitchen! so again, it's kind of thorn in my side (obviously!), so sorry if was rude to the food. or anouk! :^)blake

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Peter <metalscarab > wrote:

Hay Blake

No need to be rude.

Peter

-

Blake Wilson

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM, flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

sarcasm???

apathy???

pretentious, moi???

:-)

Peter vv

Blake Wilson <mbw Sent: Tuesday, 13 January, 2009 4:24:12 AMRe: Re: New Member/sushi/dinner

doesn't sound so amazing...sounds. ...rather typical? thai vegetables, what are those? i mean, it comes with rice? wow....sorry. ....blake

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM, flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

@gro ups.com, Blake Wilson <mbw wrote:>

I've only ever been to one too - in Taunton (I think) - the food was very nice - just vegetables in a sauce with rice(?)

BB

Jo

-

Peter Kebbell

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:34 PM

Hi BlakeFair enough. I sympathise with your pain! I've only ever been to one Thai restaurant myself, when I was in Minneapolis... I have no idea how good it was compared to other Thai places, but I enjoyed it!BBPeter

2009/1/13 Blake Wilson <mbw

sorry, allow me to explain:since moving from both san francisco/san diego to boulder, colorado, i've been suffering major thai withdrawals. the restaurants here just don't make good thai food. none offer seitan/mock meats, which i like occasionally, so your only option is tofu. most are "pan asian", so in trying to please everyone they don't specialize and suffer as a result. one place has a vegetarian menu section, and a note that says "most dishes can be prepared vegan. please ask your server". as we all know, to most asian restaurants, chicken stock and fish sauce are "vegetarian". so i ordered kung pao tofu and asked for it vegan. the waitress had no idea 1). what i saying or, after pointing to word on the menu, 2). what "vegan" meant. i explained "no meat, no fish, no egg, no chicken stock, no fish sauce" and she finally got it. i know, it might have been her first day (or she's been there years and no one's ever asked for the vegan version). SD had two decent vegan asian joints; it's a real pleasure to walk into a place and know that nothing fishy is going on in the kitchen (heh, sorry about that pun....). so i've had my share of the "vegetarian/vegan" dishes here, and unfortunately it's just like i was describing (a pile of overcooked veggies, a bland sauce, and rice....that might be "amazing" at anouk's place, but not here...). boulder's only got 80K people, so its unfair to compare it to the vastly more international cities like SF and SD. i'm a bit of a snob about this type of cuisine, and luckily i've finally found a place here i love...my own kitchen! so again, it's kind of thorn in my side (obviously!), so sorry if was rude to the food. or anouk! :^)blake

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Peter <metalscarab > wrote:

Hay Blake

No need to be rude.

Peter

-

Blake Wilson

no sweat, blake. I'm sorry you've had such a horrible experience.

Here in my town we have two Thai restuarants.

Ok. three, but I'm not counting the Vietnamise/Thai one we walked

into one day it was full of meat and they thought that vegetarians

ate chicken.. and never heard of the word vegan.

Anyways. The one I was talking about is really good. The rice is

Jasmine and has got little herbs in it. I wish you could taste it.

Also they have an entire page on their Menu labeled " Vegan Dishes "

It wasn't always like that. The Vegan Meetup group of my town are

getting restaurants to change by going around and talking to them and

informing them. I wish I had more time on my hands to join them.

Anouk

>

> sorry, allow me to explain:

>

> since moving from both san francisco/san diego to boulder,

colorado, i've