IndiaDivine.org

Snacktion: Vegan Monster Raspberry Brownie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

By Tamara Palmer in Snacktion, Vegan Eats

Monday, Jan. 12 2009 @ 9:00AM

Name: Vegan Monster Raspberry BrownieBrand: Monster Muffins & SuchOrigin: Oakland (office)/San Rafael (P.O. Box)Found at: Rainbow Grocery (1745 Folsom)Cost: $2.75Ingredients: Rice flour, milled plums, unsweetened cocoa, raspberries, cinnamon, fruit juices, spicesCalories per serving: Not listedWhy I bought it: It is locally-made Snacktion, which I love to feature, and looked like it was going to be really moist, vegan or not.

Tasting notes: It's moist, all right--almost too moist, sticking to the wrapper. The texture is still satisfying, though the top notes of the taste are definitely fruit and not chocolate.Would I buy it again? Maybe, but I'll probably seek out other Monster products first since I'm not a frequent brownie purchaser.What other blogs/sites thought of it: Yelpers are almost universally in favor of the creations of Monster Muffins and Such. One memorable mention says that they are "irrefutably the maestros of dairy free glee."

Peter vv

is this a hint peter? am i supposed to make up a care package fer ya?

:)

Peter VV Jan 13, 2009 9:43 AM Re: Snacktion: Vegan Monster Raspberry Brownie

Name: Vegan Monster Raspberry BrownieBrand: Monster Muffins & SuchOrigin: Oakland (office)/San Rafael (P.O. Box)Found at: Rainbow Grocery (1745 Folsom)Cost: $2.75Ingredients: Rice flour, milled plums, unsweetened cocoa, raspberries, cinnamon, fruit juices, spicesCalories per serving: Not listedWhy I bought it: It is locally-made Snacktion, which I love to feature, and looked like it was going to be really moist, vegan or not.

Tasting notes: It's moist, all right--almost too moist, sticking to the wrapper. The texture is still satisfying, though the top notes of the taste are definitely fruit and not chocolate.Would I buy it again? Maybe, but I'll probably seek out other Monster products first since I'm not a frequent brownie purchaser.What other blogs/sites thought of it: Yelpers are almost universally in favor of the creations of Monster Muffins and Such. One memorable mention says that they are "irrefutably the maestros of dairy free glee."

Peter vv

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

Whatever your heart tells you...................

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Tuesday, 13 January, 2009 6:50:53 PMRe: Snacktion: Vegan Monster Raspberry Brownie

Peter VV Jan 13, 2009 9:43 AM @gro ups.com Re: Snacktion: Vegan Monster Raspberry Brownie

Peter vv

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

it usually tells me to drink more beer

but, if you insist............

Peter VV Jan 13, 2009 1:03 PM Re: Snacktion: Vegan Monster Raspberry Brownie

Whatever your heart tells you...................

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Tuesday, 13 January, 2009 6:50:53 PMRe: Snacktion: Vegan Monster Raspberry Brownie

Peter VV Jan 13, 2009 9:43 AM @gro ups.com Re: Snacktion: Vegan Monster Raspberry Brownie

Peter vv