IndiaDivine.org

PETA pulls a Mission of Burma stunt -

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Once I had my heroes Once I had my dreams But all of that is changed now They've turned things inside out The truth is not so comfortable, no

And mother taught us patience The virtues of restraint And father taught us boundaries Beyond which we must go To find the secrets promised us, yeah

That's when I reach for my revolver That's when it all gets blown away That's when I reach for my revolver The spirit fights to find its way

A friend of mine once told me His one and only aim To build a giant castle And live inside his name Cry and whispers sing in muted pain

That's when I reach for my revolver That's when it all gets blown away That's when I reach for my revolver The spirit fights to find its way

Tonight the sky is empty But that is nothing new Its dead eyes look upon us And they tell me we're nothing but slaves That's when I reach for my revolver (...but slaves) That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver

Blake Wilson Feb 3, 2009 12:46 PM Re: Re: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

excellent. you pass! didn't moby do a cover of that?

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:27 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

all i know is i have a Mission of Burma song stuck in my head right now

Blake Wilson

Feb 3, 2009 12:21 PM

Re: Re: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

all these "wack the animals on tvchefs" make me wanna reach for my revolver.....frag, get that one?blake

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Trouble with Jamie Olivers ever expanding empire campaign is that most of the people probably went back to eating battery eggs, same with Hugh Fernly dingly wingly whatsisnames campaign agains battery raised chickens, most people went back to buying the cheapest. The only winners out of both campaigns was the celebrity chefs bank balances.............

Peter vv

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork >

Sent: Tuesday, 3 February, 2009 7:45:17 PM

I find it strange that amongst people I know, PETA has had no effect on what they eat or wear. Jamie Oliver - an omnivore - has had more effect by highlighting abusive animal-rearing in a serious documentary. Most of the people at work who saw that programme either stopped eating eggs or swapped to eating free-range eggs.

There was no hint of sex or silliness in his campaign - but it had a measure of success.

Jo

-

Blake Wilson

@gro ups.com

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:26 PM

The biggest organization on the block is always going to have *more* than its fair share of detractors, problems, scandals, mis-fires, loose ends, and critics. Like 'em or not, PETA is the proverbial 800 lb gorilla of the veg scene, and they have their target audience for their philosophy: young people who aren't already set in their ways and habits. i'd guess that the ratio of over 35/under 35 folks who adopt veg lifestyles is very high, so instead of creating ads featuring ed mcmahon pushing boca burgers and depends, they use the imagery and iconography (sex, music, shock n awe) of the younger generation, in the hopes (i'm guessing) that these folks will not only become veg, but raise their kids that way. i thought the ad was shockingly effective in the way it smuggled veg into the mainstream during the biggest advertising day in the country and one of the biggest burgz n dogz days as well. go PETA! blake < /DIV>

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

--George W. Bush

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

--George W. Bush

love it. i prefer automatics, for the record. blake On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:16 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Once I had my heroes Once I had my dreams But all of that is changed now They've turned things inside out The truth is not so comfortable, no

And mother taught us patience The virtues of restraint And father taught us boundaries Beyond which we must go To find the secrets promised us, yeah

A friend of mine once told me His one and only aim To build a giant castle And live inside his name Cry and whispers sing in muted pain

Tonight the sky is empty But that is nothing new Its dead eyes look upon us And they tell me we're nothing but slaves That's when I reach for my revolver (...but slaves) That's when I reach for my revolver

That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver

Blake Wilson Feb 3, 2009 12:46 PM

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:27 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Blake Wilson

Feb 3, 2009 12:21 PM

all these " wack the animals on tv " " chefs " make me wanna reach for my revolver.....frag, get that one?blake

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

Trouble with Jamie Olivers ever expanding empire campaign is that most of the people probably went back to eating battery eggs, same with Hugh Fernly dingly wingly whatsisnames campaign agains battery raised chickens, most people went back to buying the cheapest. The only winners out of both campaigns was the celebrity chefs bank balances.............

Peter vv

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork

Sent: Tuesday, 3 February, 2009 7:45:17 PM

I find it strange that amongst people I know, PETA has had no effect on what they eat or wear. Jamie Oliver - an omnivore - has had more effect by highlighting abusive animal-rearing in a serious documentary. Most of the people at work who saw that programme either stopped eating eggs or swapped to eating free-range eggs.

There was no hint of sex or silliness in his campaign - but it had a measure of success.

Jo

-

Blake Wilson

@gro ups.com

The biggest organization on the block is always going to have *more* than its fair share of detractors, problems, scandals, mis-fires, loose ends, and critics. Like 'em or not, PETA is the proverbial 800 lb gorilla of the veg scene, and they have their target audience for their philosophy: young people who aren't already set in their ways and habits.

i'd guess that the ratio of over 35/under 35 folks who adopt veg lifestyles is very high, so instead of creating ads featuring ed mcmahon pushing boca burgers and depends, they use the imagery and iconography (sex, music, shock n awe) of the younger generation, in the hopes (i'm guessing) that these folks will not only become veg, but raise their kids that way.

i thought the ad was shockingly effective in the way it smuggled veg into the mainstream during the biggest advertising day in the country and one of the biggest burgz n dogz days as well. go PETA! blake

< /DIV>

" Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we. "

--George W. Bush

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we. "

--George W. Bush

A good Welsh band, not one of my faves though....................

I'm sick of govenment warnings that tell me to watch my intake.I know my limits and I know, that everyone makes mistakes.And I'll tell you I'm fine, I'll tell you I'm fine. I'll tell you when I've had enough.

Peter vv

Blake Wilson <mbw Sent: Tuesday, 3 February, 2009 10:10:31 PMRe: Re: PETA pulls a Mission of Burma stunt -

love it. i prefer automatics, for the record. blake

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:16 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> wrote:

Tonight the sky is empty But that is nothing new Its dead eyes look upon us And they tell me we're nothing but slaves That's when I reach for my revolver (...but slaves) That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver

Blake Wilson Feb 3, 2009 12:46 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:27 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> wrote:

Blake Wilson

Feb 3, 2009 12:21 PM @gro ups.com

all these "wack the animals on tvchefs" make me wanna reach for my revolver.... .frag, get that one?blake

Trouble with Jamie Olivers ever expanding empire campaign is that most of the people probably went back to eating battery eggs, same with Hugh Fernly dingly wingly whatsisnames campaign agains battery raised chickens, most people went back to buying the cheapest. The only winners out of both campaigns was the celebrity chefs bank balances.... .........

Peter vv

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>

@gro ups.comTuesday, 3 February, 2009 7:45:17 PM

Jo

-

Blake Wilson

@gro ups.com

The biggest organization on the block is always going to have *more* than its fair share of detractors, problems, scandals, mis-fires, loose ends, and critics. Like 'em or not, PETA is the proverbial 800 lb gorilla of the veg scene, and they have their target audience for their philosophy: young people who aren't already set in their ways and habits. i'd guess that the ratio of over 35/under 35 folks who adopt veg lifestyles is very high, so instead of creating ads featuring ed mcmahon pushing boca burgers and depends, they use the imagery and iconography (sex, music, shock n awe) of the younger generation, in the hopes (i'm guessing) that these folks will not only become veg, but raise their kids that way. i thought the ad was shockingly effective in the way it smuggled veg into the mainstream during the biggest advertising day in the country and one of the biggest burgz n dogz days as well. go PETA! blake

< /DIV>

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

--George W. Bush

--George W. Bush

Ok, Peter's reply took a minute, but I got it.I wasn't referring to the band " The Automatics " , I was referring to my preference for automatic handguns over revolvers. Funny. Blake

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

A good Welsh band, not one of my faves though....................

I'm sick of govenment warnings that tell me to watch my intake.I know my limits and I know, that everyone makes mistakes.And I'll tell you I'm fine, I'll tell you I'm fine. I'll tell you when I've had enough.

Peter vv

Blake Wilson <mbw

Tuesday, 3 February, 2009 10:10:31 PMRe: Re: PETA pulls a Mission of Burma stunt -

Tonight the sky is empty But that is nothing new Its dead eyes look upon us And they tell me we're nothing but slaves That's when I reach for my revolver (...but slaves) That's when I reach for my revolver

That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver That's when I reach for my revolver

Blake Wilson Feb 3, 2009 12:46 PM @gro ups.com

Blake Wilson

all these " wack the animals on tv " " chefs " make me wanna reach for my revolver.... .frag, get that one?blake

Trouble with Jamie Olivers ever expanding empire campaign is that most of the people probably went back to eating battery eggs, same with Hugh Fernly dingly wingly whatsisnames campaign agains battery raised chickens, most people went back to buying the cheapest. The only winners out of both campaigns was the celebrity chefs bank balances.... .........

Peter vv

Jo

-

Blake Wilson

@gro ups.com

The biggest organization on the block is always going to have *more* than its fair share of detractors, problems, scandals, mis-fires, loose ends, and critics. Like 'em or not, PETA is the proverbial 800 lb gorilla of the veg scene, and they have their target audience for their philosophy: young people who aren't already set in their ways and habits.

i'd guess that the ratio of over 35/under 35 folks who adopt veg lifestyles is very high, so instead of creating ads featuring ed mcmahon pushing boca burgers and depends, they use the imagery and iconography (sex, music, shock n awe) of the younger generation, in the hopes (i'm guessing) that these folks will not only become veg, but raise their kids that way.

i thought the ad was shockingly effective in the way it smuggled veg into the mainstream during the biggest advertising day in the country and one of the biggest burgz n dogz days as well. go PETA! blake

< /DIV>

--George W. Bush

--George W. Bush

I know but I hate guns.........

Peter vv

Blake Wilson <mbw Sent: Wednesday, 4 February, 2009 7:46:26 PMRe: Re: PETA pulls a Mission of Burma stunt -

Ok, Peter's reply took a minute, but I got it.I wasn't referring to the band "The Automatics", I was referring to my preference for automatic handguns over revolvers. Funny. Blake

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

A good Welsh band, not one of my faves though...... ......... .....

Peter vv

Blake Wilson <mbw@gro ups.comTuesday, 3 February, 2009 10:10:31 PMRe: Re: PETA pulls a Mission of Burma stunt -

Blake Wilson Feb 3, 2009 12:46 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: PETA pulls a lame stunt - Ads of the Weird on msnbc.com

Blake Wilson

all these "wack the animals on tvchefs" make me wanna reach for my revolver.... .frag, get that one?blake

Peter vv

Jo

-

Blake Wilson

@gro ups.com

The biggest organization on the block is always going to have *more* than its fair share of detractors, problems, scandals, mis-fires, loose ends, and critics. Like 'em or not, PETA is the proverbial 800 lb gorilla of the veg scene, and they have their target audience for their philosophy: young people who aren't already set in their ways and habits. i'd guess that the ratio of over 35/under 35 folks who adopt veg lifestyles is very high, so instead of creating ads featuring ed mcmahon pushing boca burgers and depends, they use the imagery and iconography (sex, music, shock n awe) of the younger generation, in the hopes (i'm guessing) that these folks will not only become veg, but raise their kids that way. i thought the ad was shockingly effective in the way it smuggled veg into the mainstream during the biggest advertising day in the country and one of the biggest burgz n dogz days as well. go PETA! blake

< /DIV>

--George W. Bush

--George W. Bush