IndiaDivine.org

How to order a vegan lunch at Panera Bread ( ChiCAGO )

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ordering a vegan lunch at Panera Bread is easy and relatively inexpensive. My favorite is Panera's black bean soup in a sourdough bread bowl with green tea. My now 15-year-old granddaughter, Victoria, taught me how to order it two summers ago in Columbia, Maryland. I asked the person taking our order whether the soup was vegan, and she immediately whipped out a list of ingredients with nutritional information for me to read. Nice touch, I thought.

I enjoyed vegan black bean soup again this past Saturday at the Panera Bread in River Forest. They call it low-fat vegetarian black bean soup, but I call it vegan and delicious and not too spendy, as an old friend of mine says. The black bean soup, sourdough bread bowl, and green tea came to under $8.http://www.examiner.com/x-2633-Chicago-Vegan-Examiner~y2009m2d10-How-to-order-a-vegan-lunch-at-Panera-Bread

Peter vv

Thanks Peter, this is good to know. Those places are all over here (Denver area). Never been in there but handy info for a quick meal on the go. BlakeOn Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

Ordering a vegan lunch at Panera Bread is easy and relatively inexpensive. My favorite is Panera's black bean soup in a sourdough bread bowl with green tea. My now 15-year-old granddaughter, Victoria, taught me how to order it two summers ago in Columbia, Maryland. I asked the person taking our order whether the soup was vegan, and she immediately whipped out a list of ingredients with nutritional information for me to read. Nice touch, I thought.

I enjoyed vegan black bean soup again this past Saturday at the Panera Bread in River Forest. They call it low-fat vegetarian black bean soup, but I call it vegan and delicious and not too spendy, as an old friend of mine says. The black bean soup, sourdough bread bowl, and green tea came to under $8.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2633-Chicago-Vegan-Examiner~y2009m2d10-How-to-order-a-vegan-lunch-at-Panera-Bread

Peter vv

I love Panera's black bean soup! So good. I didn't know you could

order it in a sourdough bread bowl though. I'll try that next time!

Thanks for the info.

Debra

, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Ordering a vegan lunch at Panera Bread is easy and relatively

inexpensive. My favorite is Panera's black bean soup in a sourdough

bread bowl with green tea. My now 15-year-old granddaughter, Victoria,

taught me how to order it two summers ago in Columbia, Maryland. I

asked the person taking our order whether the soup was vegan, and she

immediately whipped out a list of ingredients with nutritional

information for me to read. Nice touch, I thought.

>  

> I enjoyed vegan black bean soup again this past Saturday at the

Panera Bread in River Forest. They call it low-fat vegetarian black

bean soup, but I call it vegan and delicious and not too spendy, as an

old friend of mine says. The black bean soup, sourdough bread bowl,

and green tea came to under

$8.http://www.examiner.com/x-2633-Chicago-Vegan-Examiner~y2009m2d10-How-to-order\

-a-vegan-lunch-at-Panera-Bread

>  

> Peter vv

>