IndiaDivine.org

Moderation of this list and appropriate behaviour.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Peter

For those who object to the way the list is moderated, and are happy

with people being rude to one another, there is the vegans uncensored

list. Personally I find it a very unfriendly place, but it serves the

purpose for those who feel that there should be no attempt to keep a

list friendly.

However, as moderator here, I would point out that it is very annoying

for the list for people to comment on moderator decisions on list. I

am always happy for feedback on moderation decisions, but other list

members get very upset when the list is clogged with members " bitching

about the moderators " (as one person who sensibly contacted me off

list put it). I therefore expect there to be no further comments on

list about this, or any other, moderator decision.

Oh, and if you'd posted criticism of a moderator decision on just

about any other list you'd have probably found yourself booted -

particularly since you do it every time the moderators make a

decision. So you may want to bear that in mind before you accuse us of

" not being moderate " .

Peter

(moderator and owner)

, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Peter,

> Did I miss something?

> I didnt see a rude post?

> Anyone on here offended? or is this just a moderator, not being

moderate? or did I miss something?

>  

> Peter vv

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> Peter Kebbell <metalscarab

>

> Friday, 13 February, 2009 2:53:14 PM

> Re: Re: PETA commercial offensive

>

>

> I would like to apologise to the list for not having put Blake on

moderation after his previous rude e-mail. I assumed he would have had

the sense to take note when a moderator told him to stop being rude.

Rest assured that this has now been corrected, and no more rude

e-mails from Blake will make it to the list.

>

> Blake - to clarify the one simple rule we have on this list: keep it

polite. If you continue to be unnecessarily rude you will find

yourself removed from the list without further warning.

>

> Peter

>

Hi Peter,

As I said, I didnt see any rude post, and asked if I had missed something, so no need to get all big brother with me realy?

Were there any complaints? Was it something directed at you or any one person?

Just trying to find out what is going on?

You can put the big stick down now, I am only asking!!!!

Peter vv

Peter <metalscarab Sent: Saturday, 14 February, 2009 9:30:52 AM Moderation of this list and appropriate behaviour.

PeterFor those who object to the way the list is moderated, and are happywith people being rude to one another, there is the vegans uncensoredlist. Personally I find it a very unfriendly place, but it serves thepurpose for those who feel that there should be no attempt to keep alist friendly.However, as moderator here, I would point out that it is very annoyingfor the list for people to comment on moderator decisions on list. Iam always happy for feedback on moderation decisions, but other listmembers get very upset when the list is clogged with members "bitchingabout the moderators" (as one person who sensibly contacted me offlist put it). I therefore expect there to be no further comments onlist about this, or any other, moderator decision.Oh, and if you'd posted criticism of a moderator decision on justabout any other list you'd have probably found yourself booted -particularly

since you do it every time the moderators make adecision. So you may want to bear that in mind before you accuse us of"not being moderate".Peter(moderator and owner)@gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> Peter,> Did I miss something?> I didnt see a rude post?> Anyone on here offended? or is this just a moderator, not beingmoderate? or did I miss something?> Â > Peter vv> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> Peter Kebbell <metalscarab@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Friday, 13 February, 2009 2:53:14

PM> Re: Re: PETA commercial offensive> > > I would like to apologise to the list for not having put Blake onmoderation after his previous rude e-mail. I assumed he would have hadthe sense to take note when a moderator told him to stop being rude.Rest assured that this has now been corrected, and no more rudee-mails from Blake will make it to the list.> > Blake - to clarify the one simple rule we have on this list: keep itpolite. If you continue to be unnecessarily rude you will findyourself removed from the list without further warning.> > Peter>

I think if you want to chat with Peter about moderation you should do so off list.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Saturday, February 14, 2009 12:43 PM

Re: Moderation of this list and appropriate behaviour.

Hi Peter,

As I said, I didnt see any rude post, and asked if I had missed something, so no need to get all big brother with me realy?

Were there any complaints? Was it something directed at you or any one person?

Just trying to find out what is going on?

You can put the big stick down now, I am only asking!!!!

Peter vv

Peter <metalscarab > Sent: Saturday, 14 February, 2009 9:30:52 AM Moderation of this list and appropriate behaviour.

PeterFor those who object to the way the list is moderated, and are happywith people being rude to one another, there is the vegans uncensoredlist. Personally I find it a very unfriendly place, but it serves thepurpose for those who feel that there should be no attempt to keep alist friendly.However, as moderator here, I would point out that it is very annoyingfor the list for people to comment on moderator decisions on list. Iam always happy for feedback on moderation decisions, but other listmembers get very upset when the list is clogged with members "bitchingabout the moderators" (as one person who sensibly contacted me offlist put it). I therefore expect there to be no further comments onlist about this, or any other, moderator decision.Oh, and if you'd posted criticism of a moderator decision on justabout any other list you'd have probably found yourself booted -particularly since you do it every time the moderators make adecision. So you may want to bear that in mind before you accuse us of"not being moderate".Peter(moderator and owner)@gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> Peter,> Did I miss something?> I didnt see a rude post?> Anyone on here offended? or is this just a moderator, not beingmoderate? or did I miss something?> Â > Peter vv> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> Peter Kebbell <metalscarab@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Friday, 13 February, 2009 2:53:14 PM> Re: Re: PETA commercial offensive> > > I would like to apologise to the list for not having put Blake onmoderation after his previous rude e-mail. I assumed he would have hadthe sense to take note when a moderator told him to stop being rude.Rest assured that this has now been corrected, and no more rudee-mails from Blake will make it to the list.> > Blake - to clarify the one simple rule we have on this list: keep itpolite. If you continue to be unnecessarily rude you will findyourself removed from the list without further warning.> > Peter>