IndiaDivine.org

vegan cookie recipe back to the veges

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Here is a recipe I love, it is so easy and so good. I don't care for almonds so the first time I used hazelnuts (to die for good) second time I used pecans (yum)

I watched my stove like a hawk because my oven tends to burn things quickly, I think 45 mins. is way too long here as suggested below, but everyone's oven will be different

I also skip the powdered sugar part that just makes them messy (prettier, but messy!!!!!!!)

--Ann

Robin McGraw's Almond CookiesIngredients1 pound (4 sticks) margarine, softened 1 cup granulated sugar 3 to 4 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup blanched sliced almonds, finely chopped 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup powdered sugarYields: About 4 dozen cookiesPreparationPreheat oven to 250°F. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine margarine, sugar, vanilla extract and chopped almonds using a rubber spatula. Fold in the flour – you want the dough to be dense enough to handle with your hands. Sometimes it will take more flour to make this happen, so start with 3 1/2 cups and add flour as necessary.

Roll spoonfuls of the dough into balls about the size of a small walnut and arrange them on a cookie sheet. Transfer to the oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until the cookies are no longer doughy and are cooked through.

Remove the cookies from the oven and, while still hot, roll and toss around in a bowl with the powdered sugar. Once coated, allow to cool. And then they're ready to eat!

jo.heartwork

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 12:46 PM

Re: back to the veges

Hi Katie

It is a chat group and your discussion was fine. Mmmmm muffins and cookies. I'll have to sort out some recipes.

Jo

-

Katie

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 8:31 PM

back to the veges

I am sorry if I started a ruckus in here with my faith I did not mean to. could I get some resupies from you guys like all purpose muffins and cookies?thank youkatie )O(