IndiaDivine.org

mouse update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well, I went out and bought a HavaHeart trap for our mouse problem and we set it

last night.This morning a very roly poly mouse was inside and barely even trying

to get out-not very distressed at all surprisingly!The mouse seemed busy

grooming itself,LOL!

My husband set him free in the woods on his way to work.So one down, hopefully

not too many more to go!Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Guest guest

That's good news :-)

I hope you don't get anymore indoors.

Jo

-

veggiemomma4

Thursday, April 09, 2009 10:24 AM

mouse update

Well, I went out and bought a HavaHeart trap for our mouse problem and we set it last night.This morning a very roly poly mouse was inside and barely even trying to get out-not very distressed at all surprisingly!The mouse seemed busy grooming itself,LOL!My husband set him free in the woods on his way to work.So one down, hopefully not too many more to go!Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Guest guest

We are up to 4 mice that have been caught and released as of this morning-all different ages, so I hope we are not dealing with too many more, but I am hoping that with warmer weather approaching they will gravitate towards the outdoors and we will have to do what we can to seal up our house (which is very old & I'm sure all sorts of ways a mouse can enter!) I also read peppermint oil drives them away so I will be trying that as well as catching and releasing them.I have to say they are adorable I can't understand why someone would kill them and especially so cruelly.... : (

Any other ideas or comments are appreciated! Thanks.--- On Mon, 4/13/09, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:

jo.heartwork <jo.heartworkRe: mouse update Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 12:58 PM

Jo

-

veggiemomma4

@gro ups.com

mouse update

Well, I went out and bought a HavaHeart trap for our mouse problem and we set it last night.This morning a very roly poly mouse was inside and barely even trying to get out-not very distressed at all surprisingly! The mouse seemed busy grooming itself,LOL!My husband set him free in the woods on his way to work.So one down, hopefully not too many more to go!Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Guest guest

I expect they will go off outside soon. They often get in where pipes come into the house, so if you can fill those up it will keep them out.

We had a mouse in our scraps bucket which we keep in the porch. The bucket was empty and the mouse couldn't get out, so we took it out into the garden and let it go - it went bounding off!

Jo

-

Brandy Petrone

Monday, April 13, 2009 5:05 PM

Re: mouse update

We are up to 4 mice that have been caught and released as of this morning-all different ages, so I hope we are not dealing with too many more, but I am hoping that with warmer weather approaching they will gravitate towards the outdoors and we will have to do what we can to seal up our house (which is very old & I'm sure all sorts of ways a mouse can enter!) I also read peppermint oil drives them away so I will be trying that as well as catching and releasing them.I have to say they are adorable I can't understand why someone would kill them and especially so cruelly.... : (

Any other ideas or comments are appreciated! Thanks.--- On Mon, 4/13/09, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork > wrote:

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork >Re: mouse update Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 12:58 PM

Jo

-

veggiemomma4

@gro ups.com

mouse update

Well, I went out and bought a HavaHeart trap for our mouse problem and we set it last night.This morning a very roly poly mouse was inside and barely even trying to get out-not very distressed at all surprisingly! The mouse seemed busy grooming itself,LOL!My husband set him free in the woods on his way to work.So one down, hopefully not too many more to go!Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Guest guest

I always keep buckets and trash cans not in use, tipped over on their sides. I also tie a string in the animal water buckets so mice can get out if they get in. I found a few who drown and it made me so guilty and sick and sad, so now all buckets outside are either tipped over or if in use, have a rope or baling twine dangling in the water as a rescue lifeline for them.

-Ann

jo.heartwork

Monday, April 13, 2009 10:23 AM

I expect they will go off outside soon. They often get in where pipes come into the house, so if you can fill those up it will keep them out.

We had a mouse in our scraps bucket which we keep in the porch. The bucket was empty and the mouse couldn't get out, so we took it out into the garden and let it go - it went bounding off!

Jo

-

Brandy Petrone

Any other ideas or comments are appreciated! Thanks.--- On Mon, 4/13/09, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork > wrote:

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork >Re: mouse update Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 12:58 PM

Jo

-

veggiemomma4

@gro ups.com

mouse update

Guest guest

Hi Ann

This bucket is in constant use, as we put our peelings, food waste into it for a couple of days and then take it up the end of the garden to compost. Also it was in an enclosed porch where it can't fill up with water, so luckily nothing will drown init.

Jo

-

Ann Hall

Saturday, April 18, 2009 5:27 AM

I always keep buckets and trash cans not in use, tipped over on their sides. I also tie a string in the animal water buckets so mice can get out if they get in. I found a few who drown and it made me so guilty and sick and sad, so now all buckets outside are either tipped over or if in use, have a rope or baling twine dangling in the water as a rescue lifeline for them.

-Ann

jo.heartwork

Monday, April 13, 2009 10:23 AM

Jo

-

Brandy Petrone

Jo

-

veggiemomma4

@gro ups.com

mouse update