IndiaDivine.org

Porridge / Breakfast !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Breakfast for me is almost always a smoothie - but with 3/4 of a cup of oatmeal thrown in (for cholesterol control!). What goes in my smoothie varies - I think my favorite is a grapefruit with froz. strawberries and the oatmeal. Sometimes hot oatmeal - but I simply hate cleaning that pot. I cook a lot - and wash a lot of pots. But just have a mental block against doing in in the morning! (and a sink fettish - nothing can sit in there, so can't leave it and do it later)

I'll also make couscous with fruit (a McDougall recipe that I modify) or if I have cooked rice - rice with apples/bananas/blueberries - or other fruit and some maple syrup or agave- microwaved.

I like the McDougall packaged (cups) oatmeal - the maple one is my favorite - with cranberry muessli coming in second. they have a few soups I like too. I keep them on shelves, in my car, etc for emergency hungries! (tho you do need boiling water). Expensive to eat all the time - but nice for when in a hurry or when I'm traveling for work. --- On Tue, 4/14/09, yarrow <yarrow wrote:

yarrow <yarrowRe: Porridge Date: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 1:04 PM

We don't have kilted Scots on our oatmeal boxes -- and I don't even buy my oats in a box -- but oatmeal is one of my favorite foods.

I didn't grow up eating oats often, but for years I've eaten oatmeal for breakfast. I prefer it uncooked, with water or ricemilk or soymilk, sometimes soy yogurt, and sometimes fruit. This morning, it was oats with vanilla soymilk and homemade applesauce. It's so filling and satisfying that I usually don't think of eating again until late afternoon.

If I've made muffins, sometimes I have a couple of those instead. A few months ago, the price of bulk oats increased 20-30 percent, so I briefly considered eating something else, but it feels like something is missing when I don't have oats in the morning.

What does everyone else eat for breakfast?

At 6:17 PM +0100 4/14/09, jo.heartwork wrote:

Porridge: the king of superfoods