depends

what kinda salad?

are we talking " green " salad?

cesar salad?

greek salad?

etc and so forth

if we are talking run of the mill salad, aka green salad

then wotever i have lying around.

rebecca likes mounds on her salad..i try not to get too carried away. don't want

it too complicated

6 or less ingredients.

but, those ingredients can be any range of items...just not all at the same time

of course a mix of salad greens, lettuces, spinach, beet greens, arugula, wot

have you

then, meh..who knows..what's in the garden or close at paw....

tomatoes

peas

green beans

cannelini

chickpeas

tofu

capers

naturtiums

hollyhocks

artichoke hearts

palm hearts

any number of beans, red, soy....

sprouts

apples

thinly sliced radishes

extremely thinnly sliced onions

cucumber slices

avocado

i don't there isn't much in the vegetable realm that i haven't enjoyed on a

salad...(don't quiz me on this, i'm sure there's something i've never had or go

" EEEWWWW no way! " )

for dressing...70% of the time i'm lazy and it's olive oil and some type of

vinegar....

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire

and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

WOW!

that's impressive. you eat real healthy. that's good.!

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> depends

>> then, meh..who knows..what's in the garden or close at paw....

> tomatoes

> peas

> green beans

> cannelini

> chickpeas

> tofu

> capers

> naturtiums

> hollyhocks

> artichoke hearts

> palm hearts

> any number of beans, red, soy....

> sprouts

> apples

> thinly sliced radishes

> extremely thinnly sliced onions

> cucumber slices

> avocado

>

Guest guest

yeah...healthy......

*hides the stack of beer bottles*

flower child May 26, 2009 12:48 PM Re: salads

WOW!that's impressive. you eat real healthy. that's good.! , fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:>> depends>> then, meh..who knows..what's in the garden or close at paw....> tomatoes> peas> green beans> cannelini> chickpeas> tofu> capers> naturtiums> hollyhocks> artichoke hearts> palm hearts> any number of beans, red, soy....> sprouts> apples> thinly sliced radishes> extremely thinnly sliced onions> cucumber slices> avocado>

So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,

And the generals have accomplished nothing.

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

It's lovely to have so many things growing in your garden. What part of the hollyhocks do you eat? I have a friend who is worried about eating them - so thought I'd ask. I love raw peas too. Sometimes I sprout seeds to add to the salad.

BBJo

-

fraggle

vegan chat

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 8:34 PM

salads

dependswhat kinda salad?are we talking "green" salad?cesar salad?greek salad?etc and so forthif we are talking run of the mill salad, aka green saladthen wotever i have lying around.rebecca likes mounds on her salad..i try not to get too carried away. don't want it too complicated6 or less ingredients.but, those ingredients can be any range of items...just not all at the same timeof course a mix of salad greens, lettuces, spinach, beet greens, arugula, wot have youthen, meh..who knows..what's in the garden or close at paw....tomatoespeasgreen beanscannelinichickpeastofucapersnaturtiumshollyhocksartichoke heartspalm heartsany number of beans, red, soy....sproutsapplesthinly sliced radishesextremely thinnly sliced onionscucumber slicesavocadoi don't there isn't much in the vegetable realm that i haven't enjoyed on a salad...(don't quiz me on this, i'm sure there's something i've never had or go "EEEWWWW no way!")for dressing...70% of the time i'm lazy and it's olive oil and some type of vinegar....“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

well, i wish i had all that growing in my garden, all the time

hahahah

hollyhocks, its the flowers...i read somewhere the egyptians used to cook with the leaves, but never tried it

"jo.heartwork" May 26, 2009 3:10 PM Re: salads

Hi Fraggle

It's lovely to have so many things growing in your garden. What part of the hollyhocks do you eat? I have a friend who is worried about eating them - so thought I'd ask. I love raw peas too. Sometimes I sprout seeds to add to the salad.

BBJo

-

fraggle

vegan chat

salads

dependswhat kinda salad?are we talking "green" salad?cesar salad?greek salad?etc and so forthif we are talking run of the mill salad, aka green saladthen wotever i have lying around.rebecca likes mounds on her salad..i try not to get too carried away. don't want it too complicated6 or less ingredients.but, those ingredients can be any range of items...just not all at the same timeof course a mix of salad greens, lettuces, spinach, beet greens, arugula, wot have youthen, meh..who knows..what's in the garden or close at paw....tomatoespeasgreen beanscannelinichickpeastofucapersnaturtiumshollyhocksartichoke heartspalm heartsany number of beans, red, soy....sproutsapplesthinly sliced radishesextremely thinnly sliced onionscucumber slicesavocadoi don't there isn't much in the vegetable realm that i haven't enjoyed on a salad...(don't quiz me on this, i'm sure there's something i've never had or go "EEEWWWW no way!")for dressing...70% of the time i'm lazy and it's olive oil and some type of vinegar....“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

I wouldn't mind all those growing in my garden at different times!

It seems there are quite a few flowers that are edible. I must read up more on it.

BBJo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:28 PM

Re: salads

hahahah

hollyhocks, its the flowers...i read somewhere the egyptians used to cook with the leaves, but never tried it

Hi Fraggle

BBJo

-

fraggle

vegan chat

salads

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

there's a billion and one sites like that on the web

but, here's one

http://whatscookingamerica.net/EdibleFlowers/EdibleFlowersMain.htm

"jo.heartwork" May 27, 2009 11:33 AM Re: salads

I wouldn't mind all those growing in my garden at different times!

It seems there are quite a few flowers that are edible. I must read up more on it.

BBJo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:28 PM

Re: salads

hahahah

Hi Fraggle

BBJo

-

fraggle

vegan chat

salads

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)