IndiaDivine.org

Chipotle vegan burritos?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The Chipotle site has a page where the ingredients are listed:

http://www.chipotle.com/#/flash/food_ingredients

On one forum somebody says that the vegetarian burrito was 1110 calories! so you

may want to give it a miss anyway.

Jo

, " vegrnnr " <vegrnnr wrote:

>

> Does anyone know for sure if Chipotle vegetarian (with no cheese) burritos

are vegan? They taste delicious, almost too good. Thank you.

>

Guest guest

Thank you Jo. With my fast metabolism, I need the 1,100 calories, so I will continue to eat these fantastic burritos. --- On Thu, 6/4/09, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Re: Chipotle vegan burritos? Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 11:41 PM

The Chipotle site has a page where the ingredients are listed:http://www.chipotle .com/#/flash/ food_ingredientsOn one forum somebody says that the vegetarian burrito was 1110 calories! so you may want to give it a miss anyway.Jo@gro ups.com, "vegrnnr" <vegrnnr > wrote:>> Does anyone know for sure if Chipotle vegetarian (with no cheese) burritos are vegan? They taste delicious, almost too good. Thank you.>

Guest guest

I think that's with everything - cheese, guacamole and sour cream. I looked it up with out those things once and it was substantially less. I just get rice, black beans (the pintos have bacon), fajita veggies, the pico de gallo salsa and lettuce. And I get the burrito bowl (no tortilla) which lowers the calorie/fat content even more.As with all "fast food," it's all about moderation. Great for a periodic treat, but I wouldn't make it a habit <vbg>. Though they ARE good!You wrote:he Chipotle site has a page where the ingredients are listed:http://www.chipotle.com/#/flash/food_ingredientsOn one forum somebody says that the vegetarian burrito was 1110 calories! so you may want to give it a miss anyway.JoMissie Harholdand Gracie the Ibizan Houndand Jeanie the Greyhoundgreyhounddog“Because nothing worthwhile in this country has ever happened unless somebody, somewhere stood up when it was hard; stood up when they were told – no you can’t, and said yes we can.” Barack Obama

Guest guest

i've seen that page before

it has to be the LEAST helpful ingredients page i've ever seen.

heartwerk Jun 4, 2009 11:41 PM Re: Chipotle vegan burritos?

The Chipotle site has a page where the ingredients are listed:http://www.chipotle.com/#/flash/food_ingredientsOn one forum somebody says that the vegetarian burrito was 1110 calories! so you may want to give it a miss anyway.Jo , "vegrnnr" <vegrnnr wrote:>> Does anyone know for sure if Chipotle vegetarian (with no cheese) burritos are vegan? They taste delicious, almost too good. Thank you.>

So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,

And the generals have accomplished nothing.

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

Alright for some... :-)BBPeter2009/6/5 VegRunner <vegrnnr

Thank you Jo.  With my fast metabolism, I need the 1,100 calories, so I will continue to eat these fantastic burritos. --- On Thu, 6/4/09, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

heartwerk <jo.heartwork

Re: Chipotle vegan burritos? Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 11:41 PM

The Chipotle site has a page where the ingredients are listed:http://www.chipotle .com/#/flash/ food_ingredients

On one forum somebody says that the vegetarian burrito was 1110 calories! so you may want to give it a miss anyway.Jo@gro ups.com, " vegrnnr " <vegrnnr > wrote:

>> Does anyone know for sure if Chipotle vegetarian (with no cheese) burritos are vegan? They taste delicious, almost too good. Thank you.>

Guest guest

That sounds likely. There shouldn't be too many calories in beans, rice and veggies.

Jo

-

NATASHA HARHOLD

Friday, June 05, 2009 3:10 PM

Re: Re: Chipotle vegan burritos?

I think that's with everything - cheese, guacamole and sour cream. I looked it up with out those things once and it was substantially less. I just get rice, black beans (the pintos have bacon), fajita veggies, the pico de gallo salsa and lettuce. And I get the burrito bowl (no tortilla) which lowers the calorie/fat content even more.

As with all "fast food," it's all about moderation. Great for a periodic treat, but I wouldn't make it a habit <vbg>. Though they ARE good!

You wrote:

he Chipotle site has a page where the ingredients are listed:http://www.chipotle.com/#/flash/food_ingredientsOn one forum somebody says that the vegetarian burrito was 1110 calories! so you may want to give it a miss anyway.Jo

Missie Harhold

and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

and Jeanie the Greyhound

greyhounddog (AT) earthlink (DOT) net

“Because nothing worthwhile in this country has ever happened unless somebody, somewhere stood up when it was hard; stood up when they were told – no you can’t, and said yes we can.” Barack Obama

Guest guest

I agree. I presume that when they say 'beans' they mean beans without any other added ingredients.

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, June 05, 2009 4:50 PM

i've seen that page before

it has to be the LEAST helpful ingredients page i've ever seen.

heartwerk Jun 4, 2009 11:41 PM Re: Chipotle vegan burritos?

The Chipotle site has a page where the ingredients are listed:http://www.chipotle.com/#/flash/food_ingredientsOn one forum somebody says that the vegetarian burrito was 1110 calories! so you may want to give it a miss anyway.Jo , "vegrnnr" <vegrnnr wrote:>> Does anyone know for sure if Chipotle vegetarian (with no cheese) burritos are vegan? They taste delicious, almost too good. Thank you.>

So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,

And the generals have accomplished nothing.

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

That was my thought too :-)

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Friday, June 05, 2009 9:06 PM

Alright for some... :-)BBPeter

2009/6/5 VegRunner <vegrnnr >

Thank you Jo. With my fast metabolism, I need the 1,100 calories, so I will continue to eat these fantastic burritos. --- On Thu, 6/4/09, heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote:

heartwerk <jo.heartwork >

Re: Chipotle vegan burritos? Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 11:41 PM

The Chipotle site has a page where the ingredients are listed:http://www.chipotle .com/#/flash/ food_ingredientsOn one forum somebody says that the vegetarian burrito was 1110 calories! so you may want to give it a miss anyway.Jo

@gro ups.com, "vegrnnr" <vegrnnr > wrote:>> Does anyone know for sure if Chipotle vegetarian (with no cheese) burritos are vegan? They taste delicious, almost too good. Thank you.>

Guest guest

, " vegrnnr " <vegrnnr wrote:

>

> Does anyone know for sure if Chipotle vegetarian (with no cheese) burritos

are vegan? They taste delicious, almost too good. Thank you.

>

love chipotle's burritos. but the down side the pinto beans are made with

bacon...and the guac. has of course dairy in it.

but the rice is great, and the black beans!