IndiaDivine.org

worried about being too skinny

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, I have a question. Me and my best friend are all into being healthy and

everything. He is a member here too. Joe Riley.

But he had me sign up to get me going on a vegan way of living .

I look at the site and use some ideas but like to eat meat because I think the

protien is super needed in our 18year old ,growing bodies.

I am only a little taller than he is and still about 20 pounds heavier even

though I am not fat or anything. I'm not even super thick like stocky. Just

heavier ---and stronger.

I want to be healthy ,but I don't want to be all sick looking compared to

my buds, like Joe. I am African American, and I know the same size guys usually

have a little more weight going to the black guy , but still. Is there a way Joe

can be low fat vegan (and) buffed too?

I say he should at least eat egg whites and salmon a couple times a weak for

muscle growth.

Guest guest

I think you are possibly on the wrong list. This is a group for vegans to chat, and we don't want to talk about meat, fish or eggs - tank you.

Jo

-

david.tate96

Sunday, June 21, 2009 8:43 PM

Hi, I have a question. Me and my best friend are all into being healthy and everything. He is a member here too. Joe Riley.But he had me sign up to get me going on a vegan way of living . I look at the site and use some ideas but like to eat meat because I think the protien is super needed in our 18year old ,growing bodies.I am only a little taller than he is and still about 20 pounds heavier even though I am not fat or anything. I'm not even super thick like stocky. Just heavier ---and stronger.I want to be healthy ,but I don't want to be all sick looking compared to my buds, like Joe. I am African American, and I know the same size guys usually have a little more weight going to the black guy , but still. Is there a way Joe can be low fat vegan (and) buffed too?I say he should at least eat egg whites and salmon a couple times a weak for muscle growth.

Guest guest

Dave, I can show you how eating black beans and tofu gives you all the protien you need to eat.

I am thin and wirery because I don't have a bunch of extra fat that might look like muscle.

Plus I have alot more endurance because my system is clear of all the junk that clogs up the system.

That lady jo. heartwork shouldn't have told you off like that. She should have seen that you are as close

as I know you are to going all the way and just looking for the justification. From now on let's keep the conversations

about it private and just read the good ideas . that way we don't get kicked off.

And hey, Who are you calling "sick" looking? lol. I bet I can out run you any day. Bye the way, chump, I found this restaurant in town

that has the best vegan burritos you could believe. All brown rice and black beans and veggies and the salsa. When you come to town next week we can go there.

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:05:08 PMRe: worried about being too skinny

I think you are possibly on the wrong list. This is a group for vegans to chat, and we don't want to talk about meat, fish or eggs - tank you.

Jo

-

david.tate96

@gro ups.com

Hi, I have a question. Me and my best friend are all into being healthy and everything. He is a member here too. Joe Riley.But he had me sign up to get me going on a vegan way of living . I look at the site and use some ideas but like to eat meat because I think the protien is super needed in our 18year old ,growing bodies.I am only a little taller than he is and still about 20 pounds heavier even though I am not fat or anything. I'm not even super thick like stocky. Just heavier ---and stronger.I want to be healthy ,but I don't want to be all sick looking compared to my buds, like Joe. I am African American, and I know the same size guys usually have a little more weight going to the black guy , but still. Is there a way Joe can be low fat vegan (and) buffed too?I say he should at least eat egg whites and salmon a couple times a weak for muscle growth.

Guest guest

hey david

protein is the most "overrated" issue in the american/western diet

got a lil secret for you

EVERYTHING has protein in it.

there is a huge falacy or myth in the US about protein that borders on obsession.

if you are truly worried about protein...go for beans, soy, nuts, etc.

but truly, in the western diet, protein is SUCH a red herring

most ppl in the west have TOO much protein..osteoporosis and the like

"david.tate96" Jun 21, 2009 12:43 PM worried about being too skinny

So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,

And the generals have accomplished nothing.

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

"that lady" is one of the moderators.

we have had a lot of issues in the past with folks coming in and saying vegans are idiots and worse.

joe riley Jun 21, 2009 5:52 PM Re: worried about being too skinny

Dave, I can show you how eating black beans and tofu gives you all the protien you need to eat.

I am thin and wirery because I don't have a bunch of extra fat that might look like muscle.

Plus I have alot more endurance because my system is clear of all the junk that clogs up the system.

That lady jo. heartwork shouldn't have told you off like that. She should have seen that you are as close

as I know you are to going all the way and just looking for the justification. From now on let's keep the conversations

about it private and just read the good ideas . that way we don't get kicked off.

And hey, Who are you calling "sick" looking? lol. I bet I can out run you any day. Bye the way, chump, I found this restaurant in town

that has the best vegan burritos you could believe. All brown rice and black beans and veggies and the salsa. When you come to town next week we can go there.

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork > Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:05:08 PMRe: worried about being too skinny

Jo

-

david.tate96

@gro ups.com

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

Just wanted to say that I definitely don't want to talk about meat/eggs, but I don't mind when others have questions.  A really great book for me was " Becoming Vegan. "  It has a TON of information about nutrients and what our bodies need (even incorporating activity levels!) and which vegan foods are sources of those nutrients.   I even took the vegan food guide pyramid and made my own little " chart " that helps me plan my menus, which has been a great help and kept me from worrying that I wasn't getting everything my body needs.     

Hopefully that was enough to get you to go out and get this book!   It really is worth your time and money.  On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 7:52 PM, joe riley <mojoeriley wrote:

Dave, I can show you how eating black beans and tofu gives you all the protien you need to eat.

I am thin and wirery because I don't have a bunch of extra fat that might look like muscle.

about it private and just read the good ideas . that way we don't get kicked off.

And hey, Who are you calling " sick " looking? lol. I bet I can out run you any day.  Bye the way, chump, I found this restaurant in town

that has the best vegan burritos you could believe. All brown rice and black beans and veggies and the salsa. When you come to town next week we can go there.   

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork

Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:05:08 PMRe: worried about being too skinny

I think you are possibly on the wrong list.  This is a group for vegans to chat, and we don't want to talk about meat, fish or eggs - tank you.

Jo

-

david.tate96

@gro ups.com

Hi, I have a question. Me and my best friend are all into being healthy and everything. He is a member here too. Joe Riley.But he had me sign up to get me going on a vegan way of living . I look at the site and use some ideas but like to eat meat because I think the protien is super needed in our 18year old ,growing bodies.

I am only a little taller than he is and still about 20 pounds heavier even though I am not fat or anything. I'm not even super thick like stocky. Just heavier ---and stronger.I want to be healthy ,but I don't want to be all sick looking compared to my buds, like Joe. I am African American, and I know the same size guys usually have a little more weight going to the black guy , but still. Is there a way Joe can be low fat vegan (and) buffed too?

I say he should at least eat egg whites and salmon a couple times a weak for muscle growth.

Guest guest

I'm telling you, dude.bulky is not everything. Besides, there is a list I will look for of famous great atheletes who were vegan. I'll prove to to you.

david.tate96 <david.tate96 Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 12:43:05 PM worried about being too skinny

Guest guest

Thanks, I am glad someone smarter than me stepped up to convince him. I have him 80percent there.

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:47:55 PMRe: worried about being too skinny

hey david

protein is the most "overrated" issue in the american/western diet

got a lil secret for you

EVERYTHING has protein in it.

there is a huge falacy or myth in the US about protein that borders on obsession.

if you are truly worried about protein....go for beans, soy, nuts, etc.

but truly, in the western diet, protein is SUCH a red herring

most ppl in the west have TOO much protein..osteoporos is and the like

"david.tate96" Jun 21, 2009 12:43 PM @gro ups.com worried about being too skinny

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

He didn't mean it like that. Some times nice people bite other nice people too fast because of past people.

I dint say anything bad about that lady. I just said I she could have been nicer. Dave's a nice guy, and I

am the first guy who ever got him into a good health diet to go with working out. He is learning thats all.

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:53:47 PMRe: worried about being too skinny

"that lady" is one of the moderators.

we have had a lot of issues in the past with folks coming in and saying vegans are idiots and worse.

joe riley Jun 21, 2009 5:52 PM @gro ups.com Re: worried about being too skinny

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comSunday, June 21, 2009 4:05:08 PMRe: worried about being too skinny

Jo

-

david.tate96

@gro ups.com

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

No telling off. In the past posts like this have turned out to be meat-eaters

trying to cause trouble on a vegan list. As moderator, I have just pointed out

what we like and don't like.

Jo

, joe riley <mojoeriley wrote:

>

>  Dave, I can show you how eating black beans and tofu gives you all the

protien you need to eat.

> I am thin and wirery because I don't have a bunch of extra fat that might look

like muscle.

>  Plus I have alot more endurance because my system is clear of all the junk

that clogs up the system.

>     That lady jo. heartwork shouldn't have told you off like that. She should

have seen that you are as close

> as I know you are to going all the way and just looking for the justification.

From now on let's keep the conversations

> about it private and just read the good ideas . that way we don't get kicked

off.

>     And hey, Who are you calling " sick " looking? lol. I bet I can out run you

any day.  Bye the way, chump, I found this restaurant in town

> that has the best vegan burritos you could believe. All brown rice and black

beans and veggies and the salsa. When you come to town next week we can go

there.   

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork

>

> Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:05:08 PM

> Re: worried about being too skinny

>

>

>

>

>

> I think you are possibly on the wrong list.  This is a group for vegans to

chat, and we don't want to talk about meat, fish or eggs - tank you.

>  

> Jo

>

> -

> >david.tate96

> >@gro ups.com

> >Sunday, June 21, 2009 8:43 PM

> > worried about being too skinny

> >

> >

> >Hi, I have a question. Me and my best friend are all into being healthy and

> >But he had me sign up to get me going on a vegan way of living .

> >I look at the site and use some ideas but like to eat meat because I think

the protien is super needed in our 18year old ,growing bodies.

> >I am only a little taller than he is and still about 20 pounds heavier even

heavier ---and stronger.

> >I want to be healthy ,but I don't want to be all sick looking compared to my

buds, like Joe. I am African American, and I know the same size guys usually

have a little more weight going to the black guy , but still. Is there a way Joe

> >I say he should at least eat egg whites and salmon a couple times a weak for

muscle growth.

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Joe

This is a vegan list, and we don't appreciate people coming on here and insulting vegans or telling us we don't eat properly. Dave's post did come across a little like this, and therefore Jo's response, as a moderator, was completely appropriate.

Whether or not Dave meant any offense I'm not sure, but a little tact never hurt anyone, so I (as list owner) would suggest that folks think carefully about the fact that this is a vegan list, and be careful not to come across as insulting to or provocative towards vegans.

If you want to discuss protein in a vegan diet, then it's far more appropriate to say "how do you get enough protein", and to avoid calling us "sick looking"...

You see how offense can be caused?

BB

Peter

-

joe riley

Monday, June 22, 2009 1:52 AM

Re: worried about being too skinny

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:05:08 PMRe: worried about being too skinny

Jo

-

david.tate96

@gro ups.com

Guest guest

Hi Joe

Absolutely.... two spring to mind.

Carl Lewis (4 olympic gold medals)

Martina Navratilova (still playing competetive Grand Slam tennis at the age of 50)

Also, not exactly an "athlete", but Donald Watson climbed Everest in his 90s, and that takes some strength! Wonder how many of us on here who are some decades younger could do that... I know I couldn't!

BB

Peter

-

joe riley

Monday, June 22, 2009 3:19 AM

I'm telling you, dude.bulky is not everything. Besides, there is a list I will look for of famous great atheletes who were vegan. I'll prove to to you.

david.tate96 <david.tate96 Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 12:43:05 PM worried about being too skinny

Guest guest

Former Detroit Piston (was on the team in the late 80's when they won back to back titles) John Salley is also vegan. He is also currently on "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here," in the United States (unless he has been voted off - I don't watch it though I am rooting for the lone vegan in the group). Peter wrote;Hi Joe Absolutely.... two spring to mind. Carl Lewis (4 olympic gold medals)Martina Navratilova (still playing competetive Grand Slam tennis at the age of 50) Also, not exactly an "athlete", but Donald Watson climbed Everest in his 90s, and that takes some strength! Wonder how many of us on here who are some decades younger could do that... I know I couldn't! BBPeterMissie Harholdand Gracie the Ibizan Houndand Jeanie the Greyhoundgreyhounddog"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other creatures." -Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV

Guest guest

hey, thatnks

NATASHA HARHOLD <greyhounddog Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 7:35:10 AMRe: worried about being too skinny

Former Detroit Piston (was on the team in the late 80's when they won back to back titles) John Salley is also vegan. He is also currently on "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here," in the United States (unless he has been voted off - I don't watch it though I am rooting for the lone vegan in the group).

Peter wrote;

Hi Joe

Absolutely.. .. two spring to mind.

Martina Navratilova (still playing competetive Grand Slam tennis at the age of 50)

Also, not exactly an "athlete", but Donald Watson climbed Everest in his 90s, and that takes some strength! Wonder how many of us on here who are some decades younger could do that... I know I couldn't!

BB

Peter

Missie Harhold

and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

and Jeanie the Greyhound

greyhounddog@ earthlink. net

"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other creatures." -Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV

Guest guest

yeah, that makes sense. I texted him and he texed back he would write in and appoligize and explain.

Peter <metalscarab Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 1:34:42 AMRe: worried about being too skinny

Hi Joe

This is a vegan list, and we don't appreciate people coming on here and insulting vegans or telling us we don't eat properly. Dave's post did come across a little like this, and therefore Jo's response, as a moderator, was completely appropriate.

Whether or not Dave meant any offense I'm not sure, but a little tact never hurt anyone, so I (as list owner) would suggest that folks think carefully about the fact that this is a vegan list, and be careful not to come across as insulting to or provocative towards vegans.

If you want to discuss protein in a vegan diet, then it's far more appropriate to say "how do you get enough protein", and to avoid calling us "sick looking"...

You see how offense can be caused?

BB

Peter

-

joe riley

@gro ups.com

Monday, June 22, 2009 1:52 AM

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comSunday, June 21, 2009 4:05:08 PMRe: worried about being too skinny

Jo

-

david.tate96

@gro ups.com

Guest guest

kool

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 11:46:34 PM Re: worried about being too skinny

No telling off. In the past posts like this have turned out to be meat-eaters trying to cause trouble on a vegan list. As moderator, I have just pointed out what we like and don't like.Jo@gro ups.com, joe riley <mojoeriley@ ...> wrote:>> Dave, I can show you how eating black beans and tofu gives you all the protien you need to eat.> I am thin and wirery because I don't have a bunch of extra fat that might look like muscle.> Plus I have alot more endurance because my system is clear of all the junk that clogs up the system.> That lady jo. heartwork shouldn't have told you off like that. She should have seen that you are as close> as I know you are to going all the way and just looking for the justification.

From now on let's keep the conversations> about it private and just read the good ideas . that way we don't get kicked off. > And hey, Who are you calling "sick" looking? lol. I bet I can out run you any day. Bye the way, chump, I found this restaurant in town> that has the best vegan burritos you could believe. All brown rice and black beans and veggies and the salsa. When you come to town next week we can go there. > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:05:08 PM> Re: worried about being too skinny> > > > > > I

think you are possibly on the wrong list. This is a group for vegans to chat, and we don't want to talk about meat, fish or eggs - tank you.> > Jo> > - > >david.tate96 > >@gro ups.com > >Sunday, June 21, 2009 8:43 PM> > worried about being too skinny> >> >> >Hi, I have a question. Me and my best friend are all into being healthy and everything. He is a member here too. Joe Riley.> >But he had me sign up to get me going on a vegan way of living . > >I look at the site and use some ideas but like to eat meat because I think the protien is super needed in our 18year old ,growing bodies.> >I am only a little taller than he is and still about 20 pounds heavier even though I am not fat or anything.

I'm not even super thick like stocky. Just heavier ---and stronger.> >I want to be healthy ,but I don't want to be all sick looking compared to my buds, like Joe. I am African American, and I know the same size guys usually have a little more weight going to the black guy , but still. Is there a way Joe can be low fat vegan (and) buffed too?> >I say he should at least eat egg whites and salmon a couple times a weak for muscle growth.> >> >>

Guest guest

thanks , i think i know where i can get that too. i am really into this. since i went vegan my acne completely went away. i had it bad on my face and back and nothing worked. then after about one month i noticed it was almost gone with not new ones. that was enough for me by itself

kerri myers <4lilpups Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:57:38 PMRe: worried about being too skinny

Just wanted to say that I definitely don't want to talk about meat/eggs, but I don't mind when others have questions. A really great book for me was "Becoming Vegan." It has a TON of information about nutrients and what our bodies need (even incorporating activity levels!) and which vegan foods are sources of those nutrients. I even took the vegan food guide pyramid and made my own little "chart" that helps me plan my menus, which has been a great help and kept me from worrying that I wasn't getting everything my body needs.

Hopefully that was enough to get you to go out and get this book! It really is worth your time and money.

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 7:52 PM, joe riley <mojoeriley > wrote:

Jo

-

david.tate96

@gro ups.com

Guest guest

go to google or any search engine

type in vegan athlete

and have at it...

personally, i don't follow such stuff, but i know there's a cartload of names of athletes, triathilon winners, iron man particaipants, and probably bocce ball enthusiasts on the lists that are vegan.

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

>>>> I am African American, and I know the same size guys usually have

a little more weight going to the black guy , but still. Is there a way

Joe can be low fat vegan (and) buffed too? I say he should at least eat

egg whites and salmon a couple times a weak for muscle growth. <<<<

David, you do raise some interesting questions here!

I'll be the first one to attest to the fact that " vegan " and " skinny "

are not one and the same. I'm in Weight Watchers right now trying to

shed some pounds. :-)

I'm also a biology teacher. That doesn't make me a physician or even an

expert, but I am pretty good at reading health claims critically and can

sift through the, er, stuff that gets written pretty well. I'd like to

offer some information for you.

Protein is important, no doubt about that. However, it's not needed by

anyone in the quantities that Americans usually consume. You can do just

fine without relying on animal sources of protein. Here's a source that

gives a good idea about how much you need:

http://www.diet-and-health.net/Nutrients/protein.html. A 150 pound

person needs about 55 g of protein each day. That's not much -- about 2

ounces. Even if you're building muscle, your protein needs do not

increase much.

A good article about protein needs was published in Vegetarian Times

magazine several years ago. You can access that at

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0820/is_n211/ai_17010257/.

Protein deficiency is virtually unheard of in the US no matter what our

diets are, including vegans.

I'm happy you don't want to be skinny. Personally, I think it's better

to be more on the buff side -- trim but with healthy muscles and less of

the soft padding. You can do that as a vegan really well. For instance,

Surya Bonaly, a champion figure skater from France, is ethnically black

African. She is highly muscled and quite lovely. She is just one example

of a vegan athlete. There are many others of all ethnicities. Here's a

good list FYI: http://www.veganathlete.com/vegan_vegetarian_athletes.php.

I don't know if the black guy is necessarily the heaviest, either. My

Anglo family can give you a run for your money. ;-) But I would like

to point out that African Americans as a whole have many health problems

related to diet, such as heart disease and diabetes. Here's another

source (the last, I promise:) http://www.blackhealthcare.com/. You're

probably better off with the salmon and egg whites, but a plant-based

diet is the healthiest overall.

Best wishes to you and your friends! It's great to hear from people who

are thinking about these issues.

Cheers,

Trish

Guest guest

-- Sorry if I didn't write very good. I was just looking for advice.

I don't write alot and I guess sometimes I don't write exactly what I meant.

I started to do vegan all the way with Joe and some friends started rattling

me and telling me reasons not to. I just want to not get all the deseases

everone else in my family has.

But I am kind of proud to be stronger than all my friends , including Joe,

and a little scared I could lose that if I went all the way.

I won't talk about all the stuff that makes peeps feel bad. I like reading

everyone's stuff too.

thank you all.

- In , " jo.heartwork " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> I think you are possibly on the wrong list. This is a group for vegans to

chat, and we don't want to talk about meat, fish or eggs - tank you.

>

> Jo

>

> -

> david.tate96

>

> Sunday, June 21, 2009 8:43 PM

> worried about being too skinny

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi, I have a question. Me and my best friend are all into being healthy and

> But he had me sign up to get me going on a vegan way of living .

> I look at the site and use some ideas but like to eat meat because I think

the protien is super needed in our 18year old ,growing bodies.

> I am only a little taller than he is and still about 20 pounds heavier even

heavier ---and stronger.

> I want to be healthy ,but I don't want to be all sick looking compared to my

buds, like Joe. I am African American, and I know the same size guys usually

> I say he should at least eat egg whites and salmon a couple times a weak for

muscle growth.

>

Guest guest

--- Thank you I will read all that. I dont have to work today so I have time.

In , bantrymoon <bantrymoon wrote:

>

> >>>> I am African American, and I know the same size guys usually have

> a little more weight going to the black guy , but still. Is there a way

> Joe can be low fat vegan (and) buffed too? I say he should at least eat

> egg whites and salmon a couple times a weak for muscle growth. <<<<

>

> David, you do raise some interesting questions here!

>

> I'll be the first one to attest to the fact that " vegan " and " skinny "

> are not one and the same. I'm in Weight Watchers right now trying to

> shed some pounds. :-)

>

> I'm also a biology teacher. That doesn't make me a physician or even an

> expert, but I am pretty good at reading health claims critically and can

> sift through the, er, stuff that gets written pretty well. I'd like to

> offer some information for you.

>

> Protein is important, no doubt about that. However, it's not needed by

> anyone in the quantities that Americans usually consume. You can do just

> fine without relying on animal sources of protein. Here's a source that

> gives a good idea about how much you need:

> http://www.diet-and-health.net/Nutrients/protein.html. A 150 pound

> person needs about 55 g of protein each day. That's not much -- about 2

> ounces. Even if you're building muscle, your protein needs do not

> increase much.

>

> A good article about protein needs was published in Vegetarian Times

> magazine several years ago. You can access that at

> http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0820/is_n211/ai_17010257/.

> Protein deficiency is virtually unheard of in the US no matter what our

> diets are, including vegans.

>

> I'm happy you don't want to be skinny. Personally, I think it's better

> to be more on the buff side -- trim but with healthy muscles and less of

> the soft padding. You can do that as a vegan really well. For instance,

> Surya Bonaly, a champion figure skater from France, is ethnically black

> African. She is highly muscled and quite lovely. She is just one example

> of a vegan athlete. There are many others of all ethnicities. Here's a

> good list FYI: http://www.veganathlete.com/vegan_vegetarian_athletes.php.

>

> I don't know if the black guy is necessarily the heaviest, either. My

> Anglo family can give you a run for your money. ;-) But I would like

> to point out that African Americans as a whole have many health problems

> related to diet, such as heart disease and diabetes. Here's another

> source (the last, I promise:) http://www.blackhealthcare.com/. You're

> probably better off with the salmon and egg whites, but a plant-based

> diet is the healthiest overall.

>

> Best wishes to you and your friends! It's great to hear from people who

> are thinking about these issues.

>

> Cheers,

>

> Trish

>

Guest guest

Hi DavidNo problem... sometimes things don't come across quite as we intend on e-mail. No harm done :-)BBPeter2009/6/22 david.tate96 <david.tate96

-- Sorry if I didn't write very good. I was just looking for advice.

I don't write alot and I guess sometimes I don't write exactly what I meant.

I started to do vegan all the way with Joe and some friends started rattling me and telling me reasons not to. I just want to not get all the deseases everone else in my family has.

But I am kind of proud to be stronger than all my friends , including Joe, and a little scared I could lose that if I went all the way.

I won't talk about all the stuff that makes peeps feel bad. I like reading everyone's stuff too.

thank you all.

- In , " jo.heartwork " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> I think you are possibly on the wrong list.  This is a group for vegans to chat, and we don't want to talk about meat, fish or eggs - tank you.

>

> Jo

>

>   -

>   david.tate96

>  

>   Sunday, June 21, 2009 8:43 PM

>   worried about being too skinny

>

>

>

>

>

>   Hi, I have a question. Me and my best friend are all into being healthy and everything. He is a member here too. Joe Riley.

>   But he had me sign up to get me going on a vegan way of living .

>   I look at the site and use some ideas but like to eat meat because I think the protien is super needed in our 18year old ,growing bodies.

>   I am only a little taller than he is and still about 20 pounds heavier even though I am not fat or anything. I'm not even super thick like stocky. Just heavier ---and stronger.

>   I want to be healthy ,but I don't want to be all sick looking compared to my buds, like Joe. I am African American, and I know the same size guys usually have a little more weight going to the black guy , but still. Is there a way Joe can be low fat vegan (and) buffed too?

>   I say he should at least eat egg whites and salmon a couple times a weak for muscle growth.

>

---

To send an email to -! Groups Links

<*>

/

<*> Your email settings:

Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

/join

( ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

-digest

-fullfeatured

<*>

Guest guest

You like to rub it in that you are stronger than me, don't you. LOL.

Hey, if you want I have some recepeits for whole meals that are low fat vegan saved up.

Why don't we go through them and this week when you are off and you mom is at work we

can tare up her kitchen making some of it. We can go in half .

david.tate96 <david.tate96 Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 9:53:27 AM Re: worried about being too skinny

-- Sorry if I didn't write very good. I was just looking for advice.I don't write alot and I guess sometimes I don't write exactly what I meant.I started to do vegan all the way with Joe and some friends started rattling me and telling me reasons not to. I just want to not get all the deseases everone else in my family has.But I am kind of proud to be stronger than all my friends , including Joe, and a little scared I could lose that if I went all the way.I won't talk about all the stuff that makes peeps feel bad. I like reading everyone's stuff too. thank you all.- In @gro ups.com, "jo.heartwork" <jo.heartwork@ ...> wrote:>> I think you are possibly on the wrong list. This is a group for vegans to chat, and we don't want to talk about meat, fish or eggs - tank

you.> > Jo> > - > david.tate96 > @gro ups.com > Sunday, June 21, 2009 8:43 PM> worried about being too skinny> > > > > > Hi, I have a question. Me and my best friend are all into being healthy and everything. He is a member here too. Joe Riley.> But he had me sign up to get me going on a vegan way of living . > I look at the site and use some ideas but like to eat meat because I think the protien is super needed in our 18year old ,growing bodies.> I am only a little taller than he is and still about 20 pounds heavier even though I am not fat or anything. I'm not even super thick like stocky. Just heavier ---and stronger.> I want

to be healthy ,but I don't want to be all sick looking compared to my buds, like Joe. I am African American, and I know the same size guys usually have a little more weight going to the black guy , but still. Is there a way Joe can be low fat vegan (and) buffed too?> I say he should at least eat egg whites and salmon a couple times a weak for muscle growth.>

Guest guest

Sounds like a good reason to support him. The only time I ever watched part of one of those programmes here was when Martina Navratilova was on it - although I don't know if she won overall :-)

Jo

-

NATASHA HARHOLD

Monday, June 22, 2009 3:35 PM

Former Detroit Piston (was on the team in the late 80's when they won back to back titles) John Salley is also vegan. He is also currently on "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here," in the United States (unless he has been voted off - I don't watch it though I am rooting for the lone vegan in the group).

Peter wrote;

Hi Joe

Absolutely.... two spring to mind.

BB

Peter

Missie Harhold

and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

and Jeanie the Greyhound

greyhounddog (AT) earthlink (DOT) net

"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other creatures." -Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV

Guest guest

That's good news about the acne. I think the skin is one of the first things to improve when you turn vegan - even eczema can respond to it.

Jo

-

joe riley

Monday, June 22, 2009 4:50 PM

thanks , i think i know where i can get that too. i am really into this. since i went vegan my acne completely went away. i had it bad on my face and back and nothing worked. then after about one month i noticed it was almost gone with not new ones. that was enough for me by itself

kerri myers <4lilpups > Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:57:38 PMRe: worried about being too skinny

Just wanted to say that I definitely don't want to talk about meat/eggs, but I don't mind when others have questions. A really great book for me was "Becoming Vegan." It has a TON of information about nutrients and what our bodies need (even incorporating activity levels!) and which vegan foods are sources of those nutrients. I even took the vegan food guide pyramid and made my own little "chart" that helps me plan my menus, which has been a great help and kept me from worrying that I wasn't getting everything my body needs.

Hopefully that was enough to get you to go out and get this book! It really is worth your time and money.

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 7:52 PM, joe riley <mojoeriley > wrote:

Jo

-

david.tate96

@gro ups.com