IndiaDivine.org

Hi every one !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi im very new here and im sort of new at being vegan, Iv been a veg for years but now in the last few months have gone vegan , i must say im just loving it . Im 38 a mother of two and have a hubby i live in Tasmania on a 50 acre property. I have horses a huge vegie garden and im-a-stay-at-home-mum . I don't know any other vegetairians let alone vegans, most of my friends and family just look at me as if im crazy and say "'well what the hell do you eat".Id love to talk to some of you , See ya Christy

Access 7 Mail on your mobile. Anytime. Anywhere. Show me how.

Guest guest

hello and welcome christy

or would that be g'day!

Christy Hudson Jun 23, 2009 5:24 PM Hi every one !

Hi im very new here and im sort of new at being vegan, Iv been a veg for years but now in the last few months have gone vegan , i must say im just loving it . Im 38 a mother of two and have a hubby i live in Tasmania on a 50 acre property. I have horses a huge vegie garden and im-a-stay-at-home-mum . I don't know any other vegetairians let alone vegans, most of my friends and family just look at me as if im crazy and say "'well what the hell do you eat".Id love to talk to some of you , See ya Christy

So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,

And the generals have accomplished nothing.

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

>>>> Im 38 a mother of two and have a hubby i live in Tasmania on a 50

acre property. I have horses a huge vegie garden and

im-a-stay-at-home-mum . I don't know any other vegetairians let alone

vegans, most of my friends and family just look at me as if im crazy and

say " 'well what the hell do you eat " <<<<

Hey, Christi,

You don't have to live in the country to get that question. I meet with

a group of knitters once a week, and I get that question all the time

even in the heart of veg-friendly Portland, Oregon, USA.

Sometimes I have trouble filtering my inner smartass, but most of the

time I point out that I'm washing down a roll and a salad with a

microbrew and doing just fine. It's not as if I'm wasting away -- I'm on

Weight Watchers and trying to shed about 20 pounds. So, clearly, I'm

eating *something.*

It must raise some challenges, though, to be living farther away from a

city. Do you stock up on dried beans and rice? Are conveniences such as

ready-made tofu and tempeh available in your area? Are you the only

vegan, or do your husband and/or children join you? If you're solo, a

group like this can be a tremendous help.

Tell me a little about your climate -- is Tasmania tropical? Can you

grow your garden year round?

Cheers,

Trish

Guest guest

Don't forget that you can freeze tofu - which is very handy if you have to travel a way to get it - you can get several lots in.

Jo

-

bantrymoon

Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:23 PM

Re: Hi every one !

>>>> Im 38 a mother of two and have a hubby i live in Tasmania on a 50 acre property. I have horses a huge vegie garden and im-a-stay-at-home-mum . I don't know any other vegetairians let alone vegans, most of my friends and family just look at me as if im crazy and say "'well what the hell do you eat" <<<<Hey, Christi,You don't have to live in the country to get that question. I meet with a group of knitters once a week, and I get that question all the time even in the heart of veg-friendly Portland, Oregon, USA.Sometimes I have trouble filtering my inner smartass, but most of the time I point out that I'm washing down a roll and a salad with a microbrew and doing just fine. It's not as if I'm wasting away -- I'm on Weight Watchers and trying to shed about 20 pounds. So, clearly, I'm eating *something.*It must raise some challenges, though, to be living farther away from a city. Do you stock up on dried beans and rice? Are conveniences such as ready-made tofu and tempeh available in your area? Are you the only vegan, or do your husband and/or children join you? If you're solo, a group like this can be a tremendous help.Tell me a little about your climate -- is Tasmania tropical? Can you grow your garden year round?Cheers,Trish

Guest guest

don't mean to answer for Christy, but,

most of Tasmania as far as i know is pretty cool and temperate.

there is even a island or two that are under the tasmanian local government that are sub-arctic..i guess that would sub-antarctic really...

Tell me a little about your climate -- is Tasmania tropical? Can you grow your garden year round?Cheers,Trish

So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,

And the generals have accomplished nothing.

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

Hi Trish , (I hope this gets to you) new at this!! Tassie as we call it is very cold in winter and then we have scorching heat in summer (in your words over 100) i can grow veggies all year round . Im only half an hour from a city and usuall go in a couple of times a week (having kidds dancing ,basket ball, soccer and the likes) but it is hard finding things to eat when I go out , even if people prepare veg food its always loaded with cheese. Iv never tried tempeh but i do have tofu. Got the family to love dahl (indian lentil soup) and they eat veg a couple of times a week , te he!! "Filtering my inner smartass" made be belly laugh, thats a clasic quote !!!! Some times i do feel like a bit of an ailien i don't know of any other veggie people and vegan is pretty rare ,but i love eating like this and wouldn't change

it for the world. Cheers Christy

--- On Thu, 25/6/09, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:

jo.heartwork <jo.heartworkRe: Re: Hi every one ! Received: Thursday, 25 June, 2009, 6:23 PM

Don't forget that you can freeze tofu - which is very handy if you have to travel a way to get it - you can get several lots in.

Jo

-

bantrymoon

@gro ups.com

Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:23 PM

Re: Hi every one !

>>>> Im 38 a mother of two and have a hubby i live in Tasmania on a 50 acre property. I have horses a huge vegie garden and im-a-stay-at- home-mum . I don't know any other vegetairians let alone vegans, most of my friends and family just look at me as if im crazy and say "'well what the hell do you eat" <<<<Hey, Christi,You don't have to live in the country to get that question. I meet with a group of knitters once a week, and I get that question all the time even in the heart of veg-friendly Portland, Oregon, USA.Sometimes I have trouble filtering my inner smartass, but most of the time I point out that I'm washing down a roll and a salad with a microbrew and doing just fine. It's not as if I'm wasting away -- I'm on Weight Watchers and trying to shed about 20 pounds. So, clearly, I'm eating *something.*It must raise some challenges, though, to be living

farther away from a city. Do you stock up on dried beans and rice? Are conveniences such as ready-made tofu and tempeh available in your area? Are you the only vegan, or do your husband and/or children join you? If you're solo, a group like this can be a tremendous help.Tell me a little about your climate -- is Tasmania tropical? Can you grow your garden year round?Cheers,Trish