IndiaDivine.org

what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, Cliff <geicooffice wrote:

>

> I love hot dogs!!

>  

> Thanks~

>

None... I find them kind of yuky. Some of the vegan sausages aren't so bad. The

Yeves ones are usually ok. I see they have dogs so perhaps those will be good

to try.

Guest guest

I like the Smart Dogs and Tofu Pups. I've yet to try Yves but they're the best, right up there with Field Roast Co IMHO.On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM, pixelpoint <pixelpest wrote:

, Cliff <geicooffice wrote:

>

> I love hot dogs!!

>  

> Thanks~

>

None... I find them kind of yuky. Some of the vegan sausages aren't so bad. The Yeves ones are usually ok.  I see they have dogs so perhaps those will be good to try.

-- AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.comhttp://timeladydesigns.etsy.com

~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

Guest guest

How can you choose? I love Yves Tofu Dogs. I also love Litelife Tofu

Dogs and, gosh, all those dogs in the refrigerator case. Slather on some

mustard, relish and onions and slap them in a wholegrain bun, and you've

got yourself some good eating.

The question is, how do you cook them? I love to grill them in a grill

pan, but my partner has a lung condition that makes it hard for him to

breathe if even a small quantity of particulates gets into the air. So,

generally, I just boil them. They're still pretty good that way.

Cheers,

Trish

Guest guest

whats funny is on tuesday i got a craving for hot dogs

i almost never eat the dang things. not really into em, and trying to stay away from the over-processed soy products and the like

anyways, for what its worth, i think most of em taste kinda rubbery.

i have a taste aversion to tofu pups.

smart dogs i like the best i think when i do eat them. tho they don't grill up too well. you have to boil em

yves are kinda gross. but, again, that's my opinion

if i go in that direction at all, i go for the more sausage route.

field roast makes great versions

now, if they made hotdogs!

i use t o do the tofurkey beer brats and the like, but about 2 yrs ago i started feeling ill after eating them, so haven't had em since.

if they had redwood out here, that would be incredible. too bad i've never seen em on this side of the pond

buns are a whole different issue. trying to find a vegan hotdog bun is akin t o finding a comapssionate conservative

fraggle

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM, pixelpoint <pixelpest > wrote:

, Cliff <geicooffice wrote:>> I love hot dogs!!> > Thanks~>None... I find them kind of yuky. Some of the vegan sausages aren't so bad. The Yeves ones are usually ok. I see they have dogs so perhaps those will be good to try.-- AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.comhttp://timeladydesigns.etsy.com~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,

And the generals have accomplished nothing.

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

Hi fraggle

If I remember correctly, met hot dogs are rubbery - so I guess the vegan versions are just trying to make them similar.

I love Redwoods sausages. Do you have Frys over there? They do some good hot dogs (if you like hot dogs that is). Frys products are very good too.

BBJo

-

fraggle

Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:50 PM

Re: Re: what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs?

i almost never eat the dang things. not really into em, and trying to stay away from the over-processed soy products and the like

smart dogs i like the best i think when i do eat them. tho they don't grill up too well. you have to boil em

i use t o do the tofurkey beer brats and the like, but about 2 yrs ago i started feeling ill after eating them, so haven't had em since.

if they had redwood out here, that would be incredible. too bad i've never seen em on this side of the pond

buns are a whole different issue. trying to find a vegan hotdog bun is akin t o finding a comapssionate conservative

fraggle

, Cliff <geicooffice wrote:>> I love hot dogs!!> > Thanks~>None... I find them kind of yuky. Some of the vegan sausages aren't so bad. The Yeves ones are usually ok. I see they have dogs so perhaps those will be good to try.-- AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.comhttp://timeladydesigns.etsy.com~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

Fry's is an electronics store

heh

no, never seen fry's not dogs

and, i haven't dead animal hot dogs since the 1980's. i have no idea what they taste like anymore. but i don't remember em tasting rubbery?

*shrug*

"jo.heartwork" Jun 25, 2009 11:22 AM Re: Re: what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs?

Hi fraggle

If I remember correctly, met hot dogs are rubbery - so I guess the vegan versions are just trying to make them similar.

I love Redwoods sausages. Do you have Frys over there? They do some good hot dogs (if you like hot dogs that is). Frys products are very good too.

BBJo

-

fraggle

fraggle

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

Be careful, you guys , with all these fake "hot dogs" and "hambugers". I read lots of stuff that says most of it is really bad for you. The soy like in tofu and soy milk is good for you , but the processed stuff like in chips and dogs is bad. Check out that mcdougal web site. he is like the vegan and health god.

If your reason for being vegan is moral and health this is for you. If it is just moral---nevermind.

just trying to help.

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:49:43 PMRe: Re: what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs?

heh

and, i haven't dead animal hot dogs since the 1980's. i have no idea what they taste like anymore. but i don't remember em tasting rubbery?

*shrug*

"jo.heartwork" Jun 25, 2009 11:22 AM @gro ups.com Re: Re: what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs?

Hi fraggle

BBJo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

fraggle

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM, pixelpoint <pixelpest (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

@gro ups.com, Cliff <geicooffice@ ...> wrote:>> I love hot dogs!!> > Thanks~>None... I find them kind of yuky. Some of the vegan sausages aren't so bad. The Yeves ones are usually ok. I see they have dogs so perhaps those will be good to try.-- AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. comhttp://timeladydesi gns.etsy. com~http://groups. /

group/Boston_ Gothichttp://groups. / group/Boston_ Mystichttp://groups. / group/Boston- Pagans

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

I think we must be really lucky to have Redwoods and Frys - their food is

delicious.

I never liked hot dogs - always seemed rubbery to me.

BB

Jo

heh

and, i haven't dead animal hot dogs since the 1980's. i have no idea what they

taste like anymore. but i don't remember em tasting rubbery?

*shrug*

Guest guest

It's most likely not as good for you as veggies, but I expect most people don't

eat them all the time.

Jo

, joe riley <mojoeriley wrote:

>

> Be careful, you guys , with all these fake " hot dogs " and " hambugers " . I read

lots of stuff that says most of it is really bad for you. The soy like in tofu

and soy milk is good for you , but the processed stuff like in chips and dogs is

bad. Check out that mcdougal web site. he is like the vegan and health god.

>   If your reason for being vegan is moral and health this is for you. If it

is just moral---nevermind.

> just trying to help.  

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx

>

> Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:49:43 PM

> Re: Re: what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs?

>

>

>

>

>

> Fry's is an electronics store

> heh

> no, never seen fry's not dogs

> and, i haven't dead animal hot dogs since the 1980's. i have no idea what they

taste like anymore. but i don't remember em tasting rubbery?

> *shrug*

>

>

>

>

> > " jo.heartwork "

> >Jun 25, 2009 11:22 AM

> >@gro ups.com

> >Re: Re: what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >Hi fraggle

> > 

> >If I remember correctly, met hot dogs are rubbery - so I guess the vegan

versions are just trying to make them similar.

> > 

> >I love Redwoods sausages.  Do you have Frys over there?  They do some good

hot dogs (if you like hot dogs that is).  Frys products are very good too. 

> > 

> >BB

> >Jo

> >

> >-

> >>fraggle

> >>@gro ups.com

> >>Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:50 PM

> >>Re: Re: what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs?

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>whats funny is on tuesday i got a craving for hot dogs

> >>i almost never eat the dang things. not really into em, and trying to stay

away from the over-processed soy products and the like

> >>anyways, for what its worth, i think most of em taste kinda rubbery.

> >>i have a taste aversion to tofu pups.

> >>smart dogs i like the best i think when i do eat them. tho they don't grill

up too well. you have to boil em

> >>yves are kinda gross. but, again, that's my opinion

> >>if i go in that direction at all, i go for the more sausage route.

> >>field roast makes great versions

> >>now, if they made hotdogs!

> >>i use t o do the tofurkey beer brats and the like, but about 2 yrs ago i

started feeling ill after eating them, so haven't had em since.

> >>if they had redwood out here, that would be incredible. too bad i've never

seen em on this side of the pond

> >>buns are a whole different issue. trying to find a vegan hotdog bun is akin

t o finding a comapssionate conservative

> >>fraggle

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>> 

> >>>On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM, pixelpoint <pixelpest (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

> >>>

> >>>@gro ups.com, Cliff <geicooffice@ ...> wrote:

> >>>>>

> >>>>> I love hot dogs!!

> >>>>>  

> >>>>> Thanks~

> >>>>>

> >>>>

> >>>>None.... I find them kind of yuky. Some of the vegan sausages aren't so

bad. The Yeves ones are usually ok.  I see they have dogs so perhaps those will

be good to try.

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>--

> >>>AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156

> >>>http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. com

> >>>http://timeladydesi gns.etsy. com

> >>>~

> >>>http://groups. / group/Boston_ Gothic

> >>>http://groups. / group/Boston_ Mystic

> >>>http://groups. / group/Boston- Pagans

> >>>

> >>So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,

> >> And the generals have accomplished nothing.

> >>

> >> -Nefarious War

> >> Li Po (Circa 750)

> >>

>

> So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,

> And the generals have accomplished nothing.

>

> -Nefarious War

> Li Po (Circa 750)

>

Guest guest

I second Joe. The ingredient list on some of these products is insane. You either don't know what it is, or you can't pronounce what you're eating. If you absolutely must eat these, check to make sure it says VEGAN somewhere. Many of the Morningstar products contain milk derivatives. I don't think I've seen a true vegan hot dog. There is always something like casein listed, that's really a milk protein in disguise. 

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:54 PM, joe riley <mojoeriley wrote:

Be careful, you guys , with all these fake " hot dogs " and " hambugers " . I read lots of stuff that says most of it is really bad for you. The soy like in tofu and soy milk is good for you , but the processed stuff like in chips and dogs is bad. Check out that mcdougal web site. he is like the vegan and health god.

If your reason for being vegan is moral and health this is for you. If it is just moral---nevermind.

just trying to help.   

Guest guest

and high in sodium

Terry Aley <aleydesign Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:46:20 PMRe: Re: what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs?

I second Joe. The ingredient list on some of these products is insane. You either don't know what it is, or you can't pronounce what you're eating. If you absolutely must eat these, check to make sure it says VEGAN somewhere. Many of the Morningstar products contain milk derivatives. I don't think I've seen a true vegan hot dog. There is always something like casein listed, that's really a milk protein in disguise.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:54 PM, joe riley <mojoeriley > wrote:

Be careful, you guys , with all these fake "hot dogs" and "hambugers". I read lots of stuff that says most of it is really bad for you. The soy like in tofu and soy milk is good for you , but the processed stuff like in chips and dogs is bad. Check out that mcdougal web site. he is like the vegan and health god.

just trying to help.

Guest guest

Jo, you should post my earlier post about the boxing match. It is about the performance I had as a vegan.

It might make someone else know that we can compete as well as meat eaters, sometimes better.

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:45:33 PM Re: what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs?

It's most likely not as good for you as veggies, but I expect most people don't eat them all the time.Jo@gro ups.com, joe riley <mojoeriley@ ...> wrote:>> Be careful, you guys , with all these fake "hot dogs" and "hambugers". I read lots of stuff that says most of it is really bad for you. The soy like in tofu and soy milk is good for you , but the processed stuff like in chips and dogs is bad. Check out that mcdougal web site. he is like the vegan and health god.> Â If your reason for being vegan is moral and health this is for you. If it is just moral---nevermind.> just trying to help. Â > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> fraggle <EBbrewpunx@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:49:43 PM> Re: Re: what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs?> > > > > > Fry's is an electronics store> heh> no, never seen fry's not dogs> and, i haven't dead animal hot dogs since the 1980's. i have no idea what they taste like anymore. but i don't remember em tasting rubbery?> *shrug*> > > > > >"jo.heartwork" > >Jun 25, 2009 11:22 AM > >@gro ups.com > >Re: Re: what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs? > >> >> >> >>

>> > > >Hi fraggle> > > >If I remember correctly, met hot dogs are rubbery - so I guess the vegan versions are just trying to make them similar.> > > >I love Redwoods sausages. Do you have Frys over there? They do some good hot dogs (if you like hot dogs that is). Frys products are very good too. > > > >BB> >Jo> >> >- > >>fraggle > >>@gro ups.com > >>Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:50 PM> >>Re: Re: what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs?> >>> >>> >>> >>whats funny is on tuesday i got a craving for hot dogs> >>i almost never eat the dang things. not really into em, and trying to stay away

from the over-processed soy products and the like> >>anyways, for what its worth, i think most of em taste kinda rubbery.> >>i have a taste aversion to tofu pups.> >>smart dogs i like the best i think when i do eat them. tho they don't grill up too well. you have to boil em> >>yves are kinda gross. but, again, that's my opinion> >>if i go in that direction at all, i go for the more sausage route. > >>field roast makes great versions> >>now, if they made hotdogs!> >>i use t o do the tofurkey beer brats and the like, but about 2 yrs ago i started feeling ill after eating them, so haven't had em since.> >>if they had redwood out here, that would be incredible. too bad i've never seen em on this side of the pond> >>buns are a whole different issue. trying to find a vegan hotdog bun is akin t o finding a comapssionate

conservative> >>fraggle> >>> >>> >>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>Â > >>>On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM, pixelpoint <pixelpest (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> >>>> >>>@gro ups.com, Cliff <geicooffice@ ...> wrote:> >>>>>> >>>>> I love hot dogs!!> >>>>> Â > >>>>> Thanks~> >>>>>> >>>>> >>>>None.... I find them kind of yuky. Some of the vegan sausages aren't so bad. The Yeves ones are usually ok. Â I see they have dogs so perhaps those will be good to try.> >>>>> >>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>-- > >>>AIM: A

Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156> >>>http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. com> >>>http://timeladydesi gns.etsy. com> >>>~> >>>http://groups. / group/Boston_ Gothic> >>>http://groups. / group/Boston_ Mystic> >>>http://groups. / group/Boston- Pagans> >>>> >>So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,> >> And the generals have accomplished nothing.> >>> >> -Nefarious War> >> Li Po (Circa 750)> >>> > So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,> And the generals have accomplished nothing.> > -Nefarious War> Li Po (Circa

750)>

Guest guest

Morningstone has so many ingredients, at the bottom of the ingredient list it says "continued on other box"..

da dum dum

Terry Aley Jun 25, 2009 11:46 PM Re: Re: what is your favorite brand of vegan hot dogs?

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:54 PM, joe riley <mojoeriley > wrote:

just trying to help.

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

Funny thing about meat replacers (such as vegan hot dogs and

burgers). We relied heavily on them at first, but now, as we've

learned how to cook fresh things, they taste overly processed and not

so great.

Missie Harhold

and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

and Jeanie the Greyhound

greyhounddog

" Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one

wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to

die, so do other creatures. "

-Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV

Guest guest

>>>> Be careful, you guys , with all these fake " hot dogs " and

" hambugers " . I read lots of stuff that says most of it is really bad for

you. The soy like in tofu and soy milk is good for you , but the

processed stuff like in chips and dogs is bad. Check out that mcdougal

web site. he is like the vegan and health god. <<<<

McDougall advocates a particular system of eating, and not everyone

agrees with it. McDougall pushes a low-fat diet, and fat content is one

aspect of his objection to meat analogs. His other concern is the high

degree of processing, which he believes is harmful.

I'm sure his regimen is good for you. I'm just not convinced, myself,

that it's necessary. Humans are pretty adaptable creatures and survive

quite well on all kinds of diets. If we were as fragile as McDougall's

diet seems to suggest I don't think we'd have survived the Pleistocene.

Heck, my female forebears routinely lived to their mid-80s eating that

totally bad for you Southern diet. Based on that, I don't see a tofu dog

as a huge risk to my longevity.

Cheers,

Trish

Guest guest

Hi Natasha

I like the variety, mostly all natural, but sometimes a fast food to add a different dimension to the diet.

Jo

-

NATASHA HARHOLD

Friday, June 26, 2009 6:01 PM

Funny thing about meat replacers (such as vegan hot dogs and burgers). We relied heavily on them at first, but now, as we've learned how to cook fresh things, they taste overly processed and not so great.Missie Harholdand Gracie the Ibizan Houndand Jeanie the Greyhoundgreyhounddog (AT) earthlink (DOT) net"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other creatures."-Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV