IndiaDivine.org

hi i am new to the group and to being vegan any advice would be great and

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi i am new to the group and to being a vegan, my doctor told me i needed to go

on a all vegan diet, due to health reasons,

i have very high cholestoral and my l d l 's are very high as well,295/201 she

told me i need to drop those numbers fast i also suffer with blood clots .

so she asked me if i like plants and i told her i don't have a green thumb i

didn't know she meant eating them.lol when she said the kind you eat i said i

love veggies she said that's great because you have to make a life style change

and become a vegan i said no problem .

well since last tuesday i have been meat and dairy free and i am checking labels

to make sure the items i am drinking and eating are safe for me to eat and

drink.

that are not raw veggies or fresh fruits .

please help me with making a list of foods i can eat that are meat and dairy

free as well as things i can drink . i need recipes as well this is a new way of

life for me at the age 50 so your advice is very welcome .

is honey ok to have i like honey glazed nuts almonds walnuts and pecans. what

about butter and peanut butter and ice cream, cookies, and eggs do they make any

that are vegan ? and if they do what is the brand name.

what products do they test on animals as well i don't want any more animals

being hurt. i am committed to remaining vegan even after the doctor tells me my

heath has improved . my youngest son now also wants to make the change and live

a vegan lifestyle. so please let the advice and recipes start flowing into my

email box .i will take this time to thank all who reply for there help Thank You

laura p.s i am from wisconsin so some of are stores may not carry the same

products ,but as far as heath food store we have a lot of them

Guest guest

Hi Laura

Welcome. I think your cholesterol stands a good chance of becoming properly balanced with a vegan diet, providing you don't eat too many vegan vakes, biscuits, pies etc.

There are soya milks, creams etc. and also cheese, but the soya cheese does not taste like cow's cheese. Cow's cheese however, is very bad for high cholesterol as is all dairy. Honey is not really vegan, but if you are going to eat it I think it is not unhealthy.

I would eat as many vegetables, including salad, as you can, and lots of fruit. I would also make meals with beans, lentils, rice, and nuts and seeds. Once your cholesterol is where it should be you could include the occasional vegan treat.

Jo

-

Laura

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:59 AM

hi i am new to the group and to being vegan any advice would be great and

hi i am new to the group and to being a vegan, my doctor told me i needed to go on a all vegan diet, due to health reasons,i have very high cholestoral and my l d l 's are very high as well,295/201 she told me i need to drop those numbers fast i also suffer with blood clots . so she asked me if i like plants and i told her i don't have a green thumb i didn't know she meant eating them.lol when she said the kind you eat i said i love veggies she said that's great because you have to make a life style change and become a vegan i said no problem .well since last tuesday i have been meat and dairy free and i am checking labels to make sure the items i am drinking and eating are safe for me to eat and drink.that are not raw veggies or fresh fruits .please help me with making a list of foods i can eat that are meat and dairy free as well as things i can drink . i need recipes as well this is a new way of life for me at the age 50 so your advice is very welcome . is honey ok to have i like honey glazed nuts almonds walnuts and pecans. what about butter and peanut butter and ice cream, cookies, and eggs do they make any that are vegan ? and if they do what is the brand name.what products do they test on animals as well i don't want any more animals being hurt. i am committed to remaining vegan even after the doctor tells me my heath has improved . my youngest son now also wants to make the change and live a vegan lifestyle. so please let the advice and recipes start flowing into my email box .i will take this time to thank all who reply for there help Thank You laura p.s i am from wisconsin so some of are stores may not carry the same products ,but as far as heath food store we have a lot of them