IndiaDivine.org

Redwoods taken over by Heather Mills

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The Redwood Wholefood Company - producer of natural plant-based,animal-free foods - has announced that charity and animal rightscampaigner Heather Mills has acquired the business.Rod Garland, director of Redwood, a supplier of vegan foods to the healthtrade, said the acquisition would yield significant synergies for bothparties, which he described as 'completely compatible'."Heather shares the same values and aims as us, namely to spreadcompassion across the planet and promote a healthy and more ethicallifestyle," he said. "The acquisition will enable us to accelerate growthof the Redwood brand around the world and allow Heather to promoteveganism globally through her own restaurants and brands. Being a primarymanufacturer is important as it gives much greater control overingredients and quality."Heather Mills said that she was absolutely delighted to have acquired thecompany. "I've been a fan of Redwood and its ethical, compassionate foodsfor many years," she said. "For me, buying the company is a dream cometrue."Redwood director Keith Stott added that, although the company had beenapproached by many potential suitors, Heather's values most closelyaligned with Redwood's."We're delighted that the business has been acquired by someone with thedynamism and passion of Heather," he said. "We've been approached by manylarge food manufacturers in the past, but have never wanted to jeopardisethe future of our employees - who we value so much - or our factory, byselling the business to a large corporation. By selling to Heather, we'reprotecting our loyal staff and also our base in Corby."

Guest guest

Hi JoYou shouldn't do that to me... start an e-mail with " Redwoods taken over by.... " I was imagining all sorts of horrible things for a moment, after the Innocent Smoothie business!BBPeter

2009/7/22 jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork

The Redwood Wholefood Company - producer of natural plant-based,animal-free foods - has announced that charity and animal rightscampaigner Heather Mills has acquired the business.Rod Garland, director of Redwood, a supplier of vegan foods to the healthtrade, said the acquisition would yield significant synergies for bothparties, which he described as 'completely compatible'. " Heather shares the same values and aims as us, namely to spreadcompassion across the planet and promote a healthy and more ethicallifestyle, " he said. " The acquisition will enable us to accelerate growthof the Redwood brand around the world and allow Heather to promoteveganism globally through her own restaurants and brands. Being a primarymanufacturer is important as it gives much greater control overingredients and quality. " Heather Mills said that she was absolutely delighted to have acquired thecompany. " I've been a fan of Redwood and its ethical, compassionate foodsfor many years, " she said. " For me, buying the company is a dream cometrue. " Redwood director Keith Stott added that, although the company had beenapproached by many potential suitors, Heather's values most closelyaligned with Redwood's. " We're delighted that the business has been acquired by someone with thedynamism and passion of Heather, " he said. " We've been approached by manylarge food manufacturers in the past, but have never wanted to jeopardisethe future of our employees - who we value so much - or our factory, byselling the business to a large corporation. By selling to Heather, we'reprotecting our loyal staff and also our base in Corby. "

Guest guest

Hi Peter

LOL - no - all is well. I know some people don't like her but she is a dedicated vegan.

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:52 PM

Re: Redwoods taken over by Heather Mills

Hi JoYou shouldn't do that to me... start an e-mail with "Redwoods taken over by...." I was imagining all sorts of horrible things for a moment, after the Innocent Smoothie business!BBPeter

2009/7/22 jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork >

The Redwood Wholefood Company - producer of natural plant-based,animal-free foods - has announced that charity and animal rightscampaigner Heather Mills has acquired the business.Rod Garland, director of Redwood, a supplier of vegan foods to the healthtrade, said the acquisition would yield significant synergies for bothparties, which he described as 'completely compatible'."Heather shares the same values and aims as us, namely to spreadcompassion across the planet and promote a healthy and more ethicallifestyle," he said. "The acquisition will enable us to accelerate growthof the Redwood brand around the world and allow Heather to promoteveganism globally through her own restaurants and brands. Being a primarymanufacturer is important as it gives much greater control overingredients and quality."Heather Mills said that she was absolutely delighted to have acquired thecompany. "I've been a fan of Redwood and its ethical, compassionate foodsfor many years," she said. "For me, buying the company is a dream cometrue."Redwood director Keith Stott added that, although the company had beenapproached by many potential suitors, Heather's values most closelyaligned with Redwood's."We're delighted that the business has been acquired by someone with thedynamism and passion of Heather," he said. "We've been approached by manylarge food manufacturers in the past, but have never wanted to jeopardisethe future of our employees - who we value so much - or our factory, byselling the business to a large corporation. By selling to Heather, we'reprotecting our loyal staff and also our base in Corby."