Guest guest

Does anyone have any good ways/recipes to use spinach. im trying to make sure i

get enough daily calcium and spinach seems to have quiet a bit of it! i would

perfer any raw recipes, since i want to retian as much nutrients in the spinach

as possible, but if you have only ideas for cooked spinach, id love to hear

them. thank you!

Asia

Guest guest

I don't have many recipes but I love spinach just steamed for a few minutes with any food. You can also add it to most recipes. I love bubble and squeak made with spinach and potato. You can also eat is just washed and raw as part of a salad.

Jo

-

asianikuda

Saturday, August 01, 2009 10:25 PM

Vegan Spinach Recipes?

Does anyone have any good ways/recipes to use spinach. im trying to make sure i get enough daily calcium and spinach seems to have quiet a bit of it! i would perfer any raw recipes, since i want to retian as much nutrients in the spinach as possible, but if you have only ideas for cooked spinach, id love to hear them. thank you!Asia

Guest guest

I add spinach to my smoothies.   My favorite recipe: 1 C calcium enriched orange juice1 frozen banana1/2 c frozen strawberries2 c spinach2 tbsp wheat germ

It's not pretty, but it does taste really yummy.   I've found that any time I put strong flavored fruits and oj in the mix, i can't detect the spinach.   Make sure you have a really good blender, though, or you'll still have pieces of spinach in it.   

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 10:52 AM, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:

I don't have many recipes but I love spinach just steamed for a few minutes with any food.  You can also add it to most recipes.  I love bubble and squeak made with spinach and potato.  You can also eat is just washed and raw as part of a salad.

Jo

-

asianikuda

Saturday, August 01, 2009 10:25 PM

Vegan Spinach Recipes?

Does anyone have any good ways/recipes to use spinach. im trying to make sure i get enough daily calcium and spinach seems to have quiet a bit of it! i would perfer any raw recipes, since i want to retian as much nutrients in the spinach as possible, but if you have only ideas for cooked spinach, id love to hear them. thank you!Asia

Guest guest

Thanks all. i think i am going to try the salad idea. ive had spinach salad

before, but the dressing was non-vegan. i think i will try some tommorrow with

olive oil and lemon juice dressing.

But i dont think im ready quite yet to toss it into my smoothies. i make some

tasty smoothies with almond milk, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries,

blackberries, fresh coconut, and agave nectar. i dont think spinach will go well

with that.

, " asianikuda " <asianikuda wrote:

>

> Does anyone have any good ways/recipes to use spinach. im trying to make sure

i get enough daily calcium and spinach seems to have quiet a bit of it! i would

perfer any raw recipes, since i want to retian as much nutrients in the spinach

as possible, but if you have only ideas for cooked spinach, id love to hear

them. thank you!

> Asia

>

Guest guest

spianch can go in any number of dishes..stirfry's, soups, sauteed, steamed, with beans, in salad, as a dip, as a smoothie, on a pizza, etc and so forth

Spinach and Tofu SpanakopitaIngredients (use vegan versions): 1 lb spinach 4-6 cloves garlic minced 1 large onion, diced 1 package firm tofu dill, pinch salt and pepper to taste 1 teaspoon lemon juice filo pastry olive oil, for brushing and cooking withDirections:Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until soft.Crumble in tofu spices and lemon juice.Cook until water has evaporated.Add spinach. Cook until just tender.Cut filo into approx 3" strips.Use two sheets one top of the other to avoid tearing.Put a couple heaping tablespoons on one end of a strip.Fold into a triangle shape starting with the tofu mixture end. Brush with olive oil during the last few folds if desired.Bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20-25 min or until golden. Flip halfway through cooking time

asianikuda Aug 1, 2009 5:25 PM Vegan Spinach Recipes?

"Hobbes: Do you think there's a God? Calvin: Well, SOMEBODY'S out to get me."

Guest guest

there's another one we use all the time...i forget which book we got it from. i think its vegan with a vengeance. anyways, the only thing bad i have to say about spanikopta is that

a. filo can be a pain to work wth

b. three days later, when you are still looking at the leftovers in the fridge, you never want to see it again!

hahahahahah

flower child Aug 4, 2009 2:43 PM Re: Vegan Spinach Recipes?

Hi fraggle, I like your spinakopita better cause it's got more garlic!

"Hobbes: Do you think there's a God? Calvin: Well, SOMEBODY'S out to get me."