IndiaDivine.org

Top Chef TV show

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Zooey has been in a number of movies and mini-series and such. she was in the Wizard of Oz mini-series remake on Sci Fi last year called Tinman. she's the star of the movie out now called 500 days of summer.

its sorta nice to catch vegan friendly cooks and shows on the food channels. sarah snow has her own show which is vegetarian/vegan friendly.

Christine Aug 6, 2009 12:51 PM Top Chef TV show

hello,

Last night on Top Chef Masters (yes, I admit it, I watch some of those silly reality shows!) I don't watch Top Chef for the cooking, I like the drama.

Any way, the chefs had to cook a lunch for Zooey Deschanel, who is vegan. I am not familiar with this singer/actress, but she seemed really sweet.

There were 5 chefs and they all seemed uncomfortable and unfamiliar with vegan cooking. But two of them did a really good job. One made a corn and bean tamale and the other chef made a pasta dish with pasta made from quinoa. Zooey seemed thrilled with all the food and enjoyed it.

The judges comments to me sounded like they were unfamiliar with vegan cooking and food. One of them said that all he knew of vegan food was it was bland and grayish. Not those exact words, but something like that.

Sometimes I watch the Food Network channel and I have never seen any of their cooks make vegetarian food. Hopefully the TV world will hear more about vegan and vegetarian food!

"Hobbes: Do you think there's a God? Calvin: Well, SOMEBODY'S out to get me."

Guest guest

That really scares me. There are a LOT of cuisines that have naturally vegan food. Did all they learn was how to cook a cow? Ugh.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Christine <damselfly wrote:

hello,

Last night on Top Chef Masters (yes, I admit it, I watch some of those silly reality shows!)  I don't watch Top Chef for the cooking, I like the drama.

Any way, the chefs had to cook a lunch for Zooey Deschanel, who is vegan.  I am not familiar with this singer/actress, but she seemed really sweet.

There were 5 chefs and they all seemed uncomfortable and unfamiliar with vegan cooking.  But two of them did a really good job.  One made a corn and bean tamale and the other chef made a pasta dish with pasta made from quinoa.  Zooey seemed thrilled with all the food and enjoyed it.

The judges comments to me sounded like they were unfamiliar with vegan cooking and food.  One of them said that all he knew of vegan food was it was bland and grayish.  Not those exact words, but something like that.

Sometimes I watch the Food Network channel and I have never seen any of their cooks make vegetarian food.   Hopefully the TV world will hear more about vegan and vegetarian food!

-- AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.comhttp://timeladydesigns.etsy.com

~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

Guest guest

It would be good to have a vegan cookery programme. I occasionally watch Jamie Oliver if he is doing veggies, but that is all.

Jo

-

Christine

Thursday, August 06, 2009 5:51 PM

Top Chef TV show

hello,

Last night on Top Chef Masters (yes, I admit it, I watch some of those silly reality shows!) I don't watch Top Chef for the cooking, I like the drama.

Any way, the chefs had to cook a lunch for Zooey Deschanel, who is vegan. I am not familiar with this singer/actress, but she seemed really sweet.

There were 5 chefs and they all seemed uncomfortable and unfamiliar with vegan cooking. But two of them did a really good job. One made a corn and bean tamale and the other chef made a pasta dish with pasta made from quinoa. Zooey seemed thrilled with all the food and enjoyed it.

The judges comments to me sounded like they were unfamiliar with vegan cooking and food. One of them said that all he knew of vegan food was it was bland and grayish. Not those exact words, but something like that.

Sometimes I watch the Food Network channel and I have never seen any of their cooks make vegetarian food. Hopefully the TV world will hear more about vegan and vegetarian food!

Guest guest

cooking skool/culinary skools are all about meat and dairy. especially here in the West. things might be different if you went to a cooking academy in india or japan, but here, everything is based around a meat or its kin. ever watch anthony bourdain? or the Ramsey Campbell? (who i can not stand..the man makes me scream at the tv....)

Blue Rose Aug 6, 2009 12:56 PM Re: Top Chef TV show

That really scares me. There are a LOT of cuisines that have naturally vegan food. Did all they learn was how to cook a cow? Ugh.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Christine <damselfly (AT) mosquitonet (DOT) com> wrote:

hello,

-- AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.comhttp://timeladydesigns.etsy.com~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

"Hobbes: Do you think there's a God? Calvin: Well, SOMEBODY'S out to get me."