IndiaDivine.org

Hi-again

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I guess you don't miss HB, then.Patricia--- On Tue, 8/18/09, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: Hi-again Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 7:24 AM

been here twenty years now

Patricia Aug 18, 2009 3:36 AM Re: Hi-again

I was there once.Patricia--- On Sun, 8/16/09, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>Re: Hi-again@gro ups.comSunday, August 16, 2009, 6:10 PM

Oakand, SF Bay area........ ......

Patricia Aug 16, 2009 8:51 PM @gro ups.com Re: Hi-again

Where do you live now?Patricia--- On Sat, 8/15/09, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>Re: Hi-again@gro ups.comSaturday, August 15, 2009, 8:24 AM

ah, life behind the Orange Curtain

fraggle

(former HBer)

Patricia Aug 14, 2009 2:31 AM @gro ups.com Re: Hi-again

North OC.Patricia--- On Wed, 8/12/09, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>Re: Hi-again@gro ups.comWednesday, August 12, 2009, 4:30 PM

were do you reside in SoCal Patricia?

Patricia Aug 12, 2009 2:31 PM @gro ups.com Re: Hi-again

Here in So. Cal we now have Sprouts which is actually Henry's and is owned by one of Henry's children. We have Mother's Market and Restaurants which has been around for a long time and is expanding. I went to the one in Huntington Beach yesterday and was just amazed at the amount of stuff they sell there. It's almost floor to ceiling. I worked in a health food store for 9 years and have some idea about what it takes to keep one stocked and well run and I'm amazed at what they do at Mother's. I can't wait until we get one closer to where I live in No. Orange County.Patricia--- On Tue, 8/11/09, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>Re: Hi-again@gro ups.comTuesday, August 11, 2009, 7:46 AM

yeah, whole foods acquired wild oats back in '07, and has been changing over the brands and store names. i think most all of them are gone now. they were also supposed to close some of the wild oats as well, and spin off some of wild oats own acquisitions (like Henry's/Boneys market down in SoCal)

for a brief second there was a Wild Oats in Berkeley a number of years back, but it didn't last long. guess it couldn't compete with the whole foods already in berkeley, and the andronicos

yarrow Aug 11, 2009 3:54 AM @gro ups.com Re: Hi-again

Leafy greens have incredible amounts of lutein! See http://www.macular. org/nutrition/ lutein.html

for a chart of the best sources, all fruits and vegetables.

And for omega-3s, ground flax seed -- you can add a spoonful or so to anything you're eating.

Is Wild Oats one of the chains that was gobbled up by Whole Foods? You can look in the yellow pages under Health Foods and Grocery Stores.

-

cgadarian (AT) aol (DOT) com

#2 - My optometrist wanted me to take Omega-3 fish oil tablets or eat fish to combat the possiblity of my getting macular degeneration like my father has, since they contain lutein. Can you think of any substitutes for that? What foods are high in lutein?

"Hobbes: Do you think there's a God? Calvin: Well, SOMEBODY'S out to get me."