IndiaDivine.org

Mood Food

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Another question, Vegan gurus.

I've had some depression issues with all of the cancer issues I've had. It's a

famous problem in our family. Instead of one quadrillion psychotropic drugs that

doctors want me to take, are there foods that will aid me in this (non-high

caloric?) St. John's wart does not work. Herbs do not seem to help. I've got to

cook everything I eat because of bowel issues. Tough questions, huh? Luv, Cyn

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

chocolate is the standard isn't it? i'd say some raw cacoa, but you said everything has to be cooked. so, find a vegan chocolate i guess....

up the b vitamins. do you use brewers yeast at all? how about spinach? a mixture of fruits and vegetables will contain a whole range of the b vitamins

whole oats i beleive are supposed to be good

up the omega 3's....walnuts, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds

and finally, blueberries..

cyn Sep 2, 2009 3:05 AM Mood Food

Another question, Vegan gurus.I've had some depression issues with all of the cancer issues I've had. It's a famous problem in our family. Instead of one quadrillion psychotropic drugs that doctors want me to take, are there foods that will aid me in this (non-high caloric?) St. John's wart does not work. Herbs do not seem to help. I've got to cook everything I eat because of bowel issues. Tough questions, huh? Luv, CynSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

"Hobbes: Do you think there's a God? Calvin: Well, SOMEBODY'S out to get me."

At 7:05 AM +0000 9/2/09, cyn wrote:

>Another question, Vegan gurus.

>I've had some depression issues with all of the cancer issues

I've had. It's a famous problem in our family. Instead of one

quadrillion psychotropic drugs that doctors want me to take, are there

foods that will aid me in this (non-high caloric?) St. John's wart

does not work. Herbs do not seem to help. I've got to cook

everything I eat because of bowel issues. Tough questions, huh? Luv,

Cyn

>

I vaguely recall that Dr. Neal Barnard wrote something about

this, but the closest hit from a quick google was this:

Natural No-Fail Mood Boosters

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/emotional/natural-mood-boosters-oct01

>>>> Another question, Vegan gurus.

I've had some depression issues with all of the cancer issues I've had.

It's a famous problem in our family. Instead of one quadrillion

psychotropic drugs that doctors want me to take, are there foods that

will aid me in this (non-high caloric?) St. John's wart does not work.

Herbs do not seem to help. I've got to cook everything I eat because of

bowel issues. Tough questions, huh? Luv, Cyn <<<<

I was going to recommend dark chocolate and coffee, but maybe that's

just me. I'm not trying to fool around -- this really helps me when I'm

down.

Cheers,

Trish

Thanks very much. Am now looking for the book you mentioned.Another question-what do you say to those who whine, "You can't be a Vegan because you're fat?? Imbeciles. Luv, CynSent via BlackBerry by AT&TyarrowDate: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:58:07 -0800Re: Mood Food At 7:05 AM +0000 9/2/09, cyn wrote:>Another question, Vegan gurus.>I've had some depression issues with all of the cancer issues I've had. It's a famous problem in our family. Instead of one quadrillion psychotropic drugs that doctors want me to take, are there foods that will aid me in this (non-high caloric?) St. John's wart does not work. Herbs do not seem to help. I've got to cook everything I eat because of bowel issues. Tough questions, huh? Luv, Cyn>I vaguely recall that Dr. Neal Barnard wrote something about this, but the closest hit from a quick google was this:Natural No-Fail Mood Boostershttp://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/emotional/natural-mood-boosters-oct01

Thanks, fraggle . Can always depend on you, too. Luv, cynSent via BlackBerry by AT&Tfraggle Wed, 2 Sep 2009 12:17:21 -0400 (EDT)Re: Mood Food chocolate is the standard isn't it? i'd say some raw cacoa, but you said everything has to be cooked. so, find a vegan chocolate i guess....up the b vitamins. do you use brewers yeast at all? how about spinach? a mixture of fruits and vegetables will contain a whole range of the b vitaminswhole oats i beleive are supposed to be goodup the omega 3's....walnuts, flax seeds, pumpkin seedsand finally, blueberries.. cyn Sep 2, 2009 3:05 AM Mood Food Another question, Vegan gurus.I've had some depression issues with all of the cancer issues I've had. It's a famous problem in our family. Instead of one quadrillion psychotropic drugs that doctors want me to take, are there foods that will aid me in this (non-high caloric?) St. John's wart does not work. Herbs do not seem to help. I've got to cook everything I eat because of bowel issues. Tough questions, huh? Luv, CynSent via BlackBerry by AT & T "Hobbes: Do you think there's a God? Calvin: Well, SOMEBODY'S out to get me."