IndiaDivine.org

spiders, was Re:silk?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Maybe someday you'll be ready for the tarantula festival. IIRC the

male tarantulas start prowling the hiking trails on Mt. Diablo (east

of San Francisco) to look for females. They're huge (for spiders)

and, being black and hairy, have a lot of presence. I like spiders,

and never attended the actual festival, but was hiking there once at

the right time of year.

At 7:04 PM -0400 9/11/09, NATASHA HARHOLD wrote:

>Not really related to silk worms, but sort of. I am horrified of

>spiders. Always have been....

I'd definitely give that area a miss!

Jo

-

yarrow

Saturday, September 12, 2009 9:12 AM

spiders, was Re:silk?

Maybe someday you'll be ready for the tarantula festival. IIRC the male tarantulas start prowling the hiking trails on Mt. Diablo (east of San Francisco) to look for females. They're huge (for spiders) and, being black and hairy, have a lot of presence. I like spiders, and never attended the actual festival, but was hiking there once at the right time of year.At 7:04 PM -0400 9/11/09, NATASHA HARHOLD wrote:>Not really related to silk worms, but sort of. I am horrified of>spiders. Always have been....

I don't think I'll ever make that leap <vbg>. I've come to respect the local spiders, but tarantulas, though interesting and beautiful, are scary <vbg>.You wrote:Maybe someday you'll be ready for the tarantula festival. IIRC the male tarantulas start prowling the hiking trails on Mt. Diablo (east of San Francisco) to look for females. Missie Harholdand Gracie the Ibizan Houndand Jeanie the Greyhoundgreyhounddog"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other creatures." -Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV

yes, we are approachinbg or in the breeding season here for the lil furry arachnids....

some of you shouldn't read further, but i once was bitten by a tarantula ( a pygmy tarantula)...in my bed...while i was sleeping.

my fault really, i rolled over on the lil guy..but boi howdy did i wake up fast!

fraggle

yarrow Sep 12, 2009 4:12 AM spiders, was Re:silk?

Maybe someday you'll be ready for the tarantula festival. IIRC the male tarantulas start prowling the hiking trails on Mt. Diablo (east of San Francisco) to look for females. They're huge (for spiders) and, being black and hairy, have a lot of presence. I like spiders, and never attended the actual festival, but was hiking there once at the right time of year.At 7:04 PM -0400 9/11/09, NATASHA HARHOLD wrote:>Not really related to silk worms, but sort of. I am horrified of>spiders. Always have been....

"Hobbes: Do you think there's a God? Calvin: Well, SOMEBODY'S out to get me."

aw come on, i just looked it up, there's a trek to watch the spiders next Saturday the 19th on mt diablo

ok, who's in? wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

NATASHA HARHOLD Sep 12, 2009 10:17 AM Re: spiders, was Re:silk?

I don't think I'll ever make that leap <vbg>. I've come to respect the local spiders, but tarantulas, though interesting and beautiful, are scary <vbg>.

You wrote:

Maybe someday you'll be ready for the tarantula festival. IIRC the male tarantulas start prowling the hiking trails on Mt. Diablo (east

of San Francisco) to look for females.

Missie Harhold

and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

and Jeanie the Greyhound

greyhounddog (AT) earthlink (DOT) net

"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other creatures." -Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV

We used to have an unorganized tarantula festival every August when they came out of the canyon and marched down our street.Patricia--- On Sat, 9/12/09, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: spiders, was Re:silk? Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009, 9:08 AM

aw come on, i just looked it up, there's a trek to watch the spiders next Saturday the 19th on mt diablo

ok, who's in? wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

NATASHA HARHOLD Sep 12, 2009 10:17 AM Re: spiders, was Re:silk?

I don't think I'll ever make that leap <vbg>. I've come to respect the local spiders, but tarantulas, though interesting and beautiful, are scary <vbg>.

You wrote:

Maybe someday you'll be ready for the tarantula festival. IIRC the male tarantulas start prowling the hiking trails on Mt. Diablo (east

of San Francisco) to look for females.

Missie Harhold

and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

and Jeanie the Greyhound

greyhounddog@ earthlink. net

"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other creatures." -Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV