IndiaDivine.org

Did any of you fail to start with?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Only I have days (or evenings actually - they seem to be my hardest time) when I

REALLY struggle. I gave up meat and animal products purely for ethical reasons

(and health reasons) but not at all because I didn't like the taste or texture

and, because I'm not big on fruit, I find it hard to just " grab something from

the fridge " in the evening which was something I used to do a lot (as my

waistband will attest to!)

I still miss cheese and yesterday I cooked a roast for the children for the

first time since deciding to make the change to vegan, not having the meat was

fine but forgoing yorkshire puddings was hard, then today they had more of the

chicken with bacon in pasta. I have no problem at all during the meal, it's

picking a bit of it here and there I find hard. I'm not asking for sympathy or

even hints, I've resisted every time, I just wondered wether I was the only one

who found it hard to start with?

Bex

Do you like hummous? YOu could keep a tub of that in and put some on little oatcakes - that's delicious.

Jo

-

pinkerbex

Saturday, September 12, 2009 8:56 PM

Only I have days (or evenings actually - they seem to be my hardest time) when I REALLY struggle. I gave up meat and animal products purely for ethical reasons (and health reasons) but not at all because I didn't like the taste or texture and, because I'm not big on fruit, I find it hard to just "grab something from the fridge" in the evening which was something I used to do a lot (as my waistband will attest to!)I still miss cheese and yesterday I cooked a roast for the children for the first time since deciding to make the change to vegan, not having the meat was fine but forgoing yorkshire puddings was hard, then today they had more of the chicken with bacon in pasta. I have no problem at all during the meal, it's picking a bit of it here and there I find hard. I'm not asking for sympathy or even hints, I've resisted every time, I just wondered wether I was the only one who found it hard to start with?Bex

I don't actually have any meat in my house, but my weakness is Cheetos and also ice cream, Haagan Daz to be specific and I'm lactose intolerant. I'm a masochist.Patricia--- On Sat, 9/12/09, pinkerbex <pinkerbex wrote:pinkerbex <pinkerbex Did any of you fail to start with? Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009, 12:56 PMOnly I have days (or evenings actually - they seem to be my hardest time) when I REALLY struggle. I gave up meat and animal products purely for ethical reasons (and health reasons) but not

at all because I didn't like the taste or texture and, because I'm not big on fruit, I find it hard to just "grab something from the fridge" in the evening which was something I used to do a lot (as my waistband will attest to!)I still miss cheese and yesterday I cooked a roast for the children for the first time since deciding to make the change to vegan, not having the meat was fine but forgoing yorkshire puddings was hard, then today they had more of the chicken with bacon in pasta. I have no problem at all during the meal, it's picking a bit of it here and there I find hard. I'm not asking for sympathy or even hints, I've resisted every time, I just wondered wether I was the only one who found it hard to start with?Bex---To send an email to -! Groups Links<*> /<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: /join ( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: -digest -fullfeatured <*>

That would work.Patricia--- On Sat, 9/12/09, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:jo.heartwork <jo.heartworkRe: Did any of you fail to start with? Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009, 2:28 PM

Do you like hummous? YOu could keep a tub of that in and put some on little oatcakes - that's delicious.

Jo

-

pinkerbex

Saturday, September 12, 2009 8:56 PM

Only I have days (or evenings actually - they seem to be my hardest time) when I REALLY struggle. I gave up meat and animal products purely for ethical reasons (and health reasons) but not at all because I didn't like the taste or texture and, because I'm not big on fruit, I find it hard to just "grab something from the fridge" in the evening which was something I used to do a lot (as my waistband will attest to!)I still miss cheese and yesterday I cooked a roast for the children for the first time since deciding to make the change to vegan, not having the meat was fine but forgoing yorkshire puddings was hard, then today they had more of the chicken with bacon in pasta. I have no problem at all during the meal, it's picking a bit of it here and there I find hard. I'm not asking for sympathy or even hints, I've resisted every time, I just wondered wether I was the only one who found it hard to start with?Bex

Oy I know the feeling I'm obsessed with cheetos cheese in general and fro yo they're all deliciosos and I can't help myself this week I am going to try to avoid them tho and attempt to make a fro yo substitute out of bananas so hopefully I can be good... Wish me luck :-p.SarahPatricia <moondreamer64_2000 Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 4:39:00 PMRe: Did any of you fail to start with?

I don't actually have any meat in my house, but my weakness is Cheetos and also ice cream, Haagan Daz to be specific and I'm lactose intolerant. I'm a masochist.Patricia--- On Sat, 9/12/09, pinkerbex@btinterne t.com <pinkerbex@btinterne t.com> wrote:pinkerbex@btinterne t.com <pinkerbex@btinterne t.com> Did any of you fail to start with?@gro ups.comSaturday, September 12, 2009, 12:56 PMOnly I have days (or evenings actually - they seem to be my hardest time) when I REALLY struggle. I gave up

meat and animal products purely for ethical reasons (and health reasons) but not

at all because I didn't like the taste or texture and, because I'm not big on fruit, I find it hard to just "grab something from the fridge" in the evening which was something I used to do a lot (as my waistband will attest to!)I still miss cheese and yesterday I cooked a roast for the children for the first time since deciding to make the change to vegan, not having the meat was fine but forgoing yorkshire puddings was hard, then today they had more of the chicken with bacon in pasta. I have no problem at all during the meal, it's picking a bit of it here and there I find hard. I'm not asking for sympathy or even hints, I've resisted every time, I just wondered wether I was the only one who found it hard to start with?Bex------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

Good luck. I don't have any Cheetos in the house now, I bought soy yogurt instead. I watched sheep cheese being made on TV and it really disgusted me. They get the rennet from a baby lamb who has never eaten grass and use that to coagulate the milk. Obviously, the lamb was killed.Patricia--- On Sat, 9/12/09, Sarah Tomecek <sarah.tomecek wrote:Sarah Tomecek <sarah.tomecekRe: Did any of you fail to start with? Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009, 4:35 PM

Oy I know the feeling I'm obsessed with cheetos cheese in general and fro yo they're all deliciosos and I can't help myself this week I am going to try to avoid them tho and attempt to make a fro yo substitute out of bananas so hopefully I can be good... Wish me luck :-p.SarahPatricia <moondreamer64_2000 Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 4:39:00 PMRe: Did any of you fail to start with?

I don't actually have any meat in my house, but my weakness is Cheetos and also ice cream, Haagan Daz to be specific and I'm lactose intolerant. I'm a masochist.Patricia--- On Sat, 9/12/09, pinkerbex@btinterne t.com <pinkerbex@btinterne t.com> wrote:pinkerbex@btinterne t.com <pinkerbex@btinterne t.com> Did any of you fail to start with?@gro ups.comSaturday, September 12, 2009, 12:56 PMOnly I have days (or evenings actually - they seem to be my hardest time) when I REALLY struggle. I gave up

meat and animal products purely for ethical reasons (and health reasons) but not

at all because I didn't like the taste or texture and, because I'm not big on fruit, I find it hard to just "grab something from the fridge" in the evening which was something I used to do a lot (as my waistband will attest to!)I still miss cheese and yesterday I cooked a roast for the children for the first time since deciding to make the change to vegan, not having the meat was fine but forgoing yorkshire puddings was hard, then today they had more of the chicken with bacon in pasta. I have no problem at all during the meal, it's picking a bit of it here and there I find hard. I'm not asking for sympathy or even hints, I've resisted every time, I just wondered wether I was the only one who found it hard to start with?Bex------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

Good luck Sarah.

Jo

-

Sarah Tomecek

Sunday, September 13, 2009 12:35 AM

Re: Did any of you fail to start with?

Oy I know the feeling I'm obsessed with cheetos cheese in general and fro yo they're all deliciosos and I can't help myself this week I am going to try to avoid them tho and attempt to make a fro yo substitute out of bananas so hopefully I can be good... Wish me luck :-p.

Sarah

Patricia <moondreamer64_2000 > Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 4:39:00 PMRe: Did any of you fail to start with?

I don't actually have any meat in my house, but my weakness is Cheetos and also ice cream, Haagan Daz to be specific and I'm lactose intolerant. I'm a masochist.Patricia--- On Sat, 9/12/09, pinkerbex@btinterne t.com <pinkerbex@btinterne t.com> wrote:

pinkerbex@btinterne t.com <pinkerbex@btinterne t.com> Did any of you fail to start with?@gro ups.comSaturday, September 12, 2009, 12:56 PM

Only I have days (or evenings actually - they seem to be my hardest time) when I REALLY struggle. I gave up meat and animal products purely for ethical reasons (and health reasons) but not at all because I didn't like the taste or texture and, because I'm not big on fruit, I find it hard to just "grab something from the fridge" in the evening which was something I used to do a lot (as my waistband will attest to!)I still miss cheese and yesterday I cooked a roast for the children for the first time since deciding to make the change to vegan, not having the meat was fine but forgoing yorkshire puddings was hard, then today they had more of the chicken with bacon in pasta. I have no problem at all during the meal, it's picking a bit of it here and there I find hard. I'm not asking for sympathy or even hints, I've resisted every time, I just wondered wether I was the only one who found it hard to start with?Bex------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

When you first start out, it's hard, and hard habits die hard. You find yourself missing comfort foods, and it's not a " body craving " , it's totally psychological.What I did was find their substitutes or find out how to make their substitutes. My only real struggle was dairy, and I'm pleased to say I no longer crave it. Given I was a cheese fiend all my life,that's saying a LOT.

But it does require effort. :)If you want substitutes or suggestions on specific foods, do ask--I've been vegan for all of three years so I know what works and haven't lost my memory for certain foods! Nor do I think that substitutions are " defeating the purpose " . As long as what you're doing isn't causing harm to an animal, the purpose is served.

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 3:56 PM, pinkerbex <pinkerbex wrote:

Only I have days (or evenings actually - they seem to be my hardest time) when I REALLY struggle. I gave up meat and animal products purely for ethical reasons (and health reasons) but not at all because I didn't like the taste or texture and, because I'm not big on fruit, I find it hard to just " grab something from the fridge " in the evening which was something I used to do a lot (as my waistband will attest to!)

I still miss cheese and yesterday I cooked a roast for the children for the first time since deciding to make the change to vegan, not having the meat was fine but forgoing yorkshire puddings was hard, then today they had more of the chicken with bacon in pasta. I have no problem at all during the meal, it's picking a bit of it here and there I find hard. I'm not asking for sympathy or even hints, I've resisted every time, I just wondered wether I was the only one who found it hard to start with?

Bex

---

To send an email to -! Groups Links

<*>

/

<*> Your email settings:

Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

/join

( ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

-digest

-fullfeatured

<*>

Hello: I am new to this group - not new to veganism - as a famous person said, "It's easy - I've done it hundreds of times!"I live in Texas with a husband and six children (other humans call them "cats"!). I look at my babies and cannot imagine that in some parts of the world they are being killed for toys, etc. I've begun so many times being vegan: it is for ethical reasons for me. However, the other part of me finds it hard to reverse 48 years of bad eating habits.It has gotten easier though, for me. I don't cook, so I first ate Uncle Ben's Garden Vegetable Rice (confirmed through the company that it is vegan) all week last week. But that is white rice, so this week I picked up their natural brown and wild rice combinations. Instead of going cold turkey with foods that are personally not

appealing to me, I'm veganizing the foods that are appealing. First my rice. Next I'll veganize my pizza. And on and on.It is probably very difficult for people with kids though. In my situation, my husband is a meat and veggies eater, so we have a very interesting pantry!Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. - Albert Einstein--- On Sat, 9/12/09, pinkerbex <pinkerbex wrote:pinkerbex <pinkerbex Did any of you fail to start with? Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009, 2:56 PM

Only I have days (or evenings actually - they seem to be my hardest time) when I REALLY struggle. I gave up meat and animal products purely for ethical reasons (and health reasons) but not at all because I didn't like the taste or texture and, because I'm not big on fruit, I find it hard to just "grab something from the fridge" in the evening which was something I used to do a lot (as my waistband will attest to!)

I still miss cheese and yesterday I cooked a roast for the children for the first time since deciding to make the change to vegan, not having the meat was fine but forgoing yorkshire puddings was hard, then today they had more of the chicken with bacon in pasta. I have no problem at all during the meal, it's picking a bit of it here and there I find hard. I'm not asking for sympathy or even hints, I've resisted every time, I just wondered wether I was the only one who found it hard to start with?

Bex

I found it hard last time and I'm finding it hard now! Like you it's the picking and snacking I struggle with most. Yesterday, I really wanted an ice cream. I know there's soya ice cream but I didn't have anything in the house but the regular kind. I resisted, though... but only just!

And I *love* yorkshire puddings. If anyone knows a way to make a vegan one, I will love them forever!

Opalline

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."

Get Tings. They're by the same company that does Pirate Booty. They are essentially vegan cheetos.On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Sarah Tomecek <sarah.tomecek wrote:

Oy I know the feeling I'm obsessed with cheetos cheese in general and fro yo they're all deliciosos and I can't help myself this week I am going to try to avoid them tho and attempt to make a fro yo substitute out of bananas so hopefully I can be good... Wish me luck :-p.

Sarah

Patricia <moondreamer64_2000

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 4:39:00 PM

I don't actually have any meat in my house, but my weakness is Cheetos and also ice cream, Haagan Daz to be specific and I'm lactose intolerant. I'm a masochist.Patricia

--- On Sat, 9/12/09, pinkerbex@btinterne t.com <pinkerbex@btinterne t.com> wrote:

pinkerbex@btinterne t.com <pinkerbex@btinterne t.com>

Did any of you fail to start with?@gro ups.comSaturday, September 12, 2009, 12:56 PM

Only I have days (or evenings actually - they seem to be my hardest time) when I REALLY struggle. I gave up

at all because I didn't like the taste or texture and, because I'm not big on fruit, I find it hard to just " grab something from the fridge " in the evening which was something I used to do a lot (as my waistband will attest to!)

Bex------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

My problem with non-milk ice cream is that there aren't enough good flavors.Patricia--- On Mon, 9/14/09, Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLER wrote:Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLERRE: Did any of you fail to start with? Date: Monday, September 14, 2009, 2:33 AM

I found it hard last time and I'm finding it hard now! Like you it's the picking and snacking I struggle with most. Yesterday, I really wanted an ice cream. I know there's soya ice cream but I didn't have anything in the house but the regular kind. I resisted, though... but only just!

And I *love* yorkshire puddings. If anyone knows a way to make a vegan one, I will love them forever!

Opalline

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."

I've never seen them.Patricia--- On Mon, 9/14/09, Blue Rose <bluerose156 wrote:Blue Rose <bluerose156Re: Did any of you fail to start with? Date: Monday, September 14, 2009, 3:18 AM

Get Tings. They're by the same company that does Pirate Booty. They are essentially vegan cheetos.On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Sarah Tomecek <sarah.tomecek wrote:

Sarah

Patricia <moondreamer64_2000

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 4:39:00 PM

I don't actually have any meat in my house, but my weakness is Cheetos and also ice cream, Haagan Daz to be specific and I'm lactose intolerant. I'm a masochist.Patricia

--- On Sat, 9/12/09, pinkerbex@btinterne t.com <pinkerbex@btinterne t.com> wrote:

pinkerbex@btinterne t.com <pinkerbex@btinterne t.com>

Did any of you fail to start with?@gro ups.comSaturday, September 12, 2009, 12:56 PM

Only I have days (or evenings actually - they seem to be my hardest time) when I REALLY struggle. I gave up

at all because I didn't like the taste or texture and, because I'm not big on fruit, I find it hard to just "grab something from the fridge" in the evening which was something I used to do a lot (as my waistband will attest to!)

Bex------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

Have you tried Swedish Glace? There are about four types. Once we discovered Swedish Glace there was no way we would miss ice cream.

Jo

-

Patricia

Monday, September 14, 2009 5:24 PM

RE: Did any of you fail to start with?

My problem with non-milk ice cream is that there aren't enough good flavors.Patricia--- On Mon, 9/14/09, Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLER (AT) mail (DOT) dstl.gov.uk> wrote:

Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLER (AT) mail (DOT) dstl.gov.uk>RE: Did any of you fail to start with? Date: Monday, September 14, 2009, 2:33 AM

Opalline

Hi JoI was about to say just that. As far as I know, they have Vanilla, Chocolate, Raspberry, Blueberry, Mocha, and we've just discovered their choc-ices!BBPeter2009/9/14 jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork

Have you tried Swedish Glace?  There are about four types.  Once we discovered Swedish Glace there was no way we would miss ice cream.

Jo

-

Patricia

My problem with non-milk ice cream is that there aren't enough good flavors.Patricia--- On Mon, 9/14/09, Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLER wrote:

Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLERRE: Did any of you fail to start with? Date: Monday, September 14, 2009, 2:33 AM

Opalline

" This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. "

" Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing. "

Hi Peter

I must try to find out where the choc ices are sold. Choc ices used to be my favourite form of ice cream :-)

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Monday, September 14, 2009 5:55 PM

Hi JoI was about to say just that. As far as I know, they have Vanilla, Chocolate, Raspberry, Blueberry, Mocha, and we've just discovered their choc-ices!BBPeter

2009/9/14 jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork >

Have you tried Swedish Glace? There are about four types. Once we discovered Swedish Glace there was no way we would miss ice cream.

Jo

-

Patricia

My problem with non-milk ice cream is that there aren't enough good flavors.Patricia--- On Mon, 9/14/09, Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLER (AT) mail (DOT) dstl.gov.uk> wrote:

Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLER (AT) mail (DOT) dstl.gov.uk>RE: Did any of you fail to start with? Date: Monday, September 14, 2009, 2:33 AM

Opalline

Hmm, I don't think I've seen it.Patricia--- On Mon, 9/14/09, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:jo.heartwork <jo.heartworkRe: Did any of you fail to start with? Date: Monday, September 14, 2009, 9:44 AM

Jo

-

Patricia

My problem with non-milk ice cream is that there aren't enough good flavors.Patricia--- On Mon, 9/14/09, Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLER (AT) mail (DOT) dstl.gov. uk> wrote:

Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLER (AT) mail (DOT) dstl.gov. uk>RE: Did any of you fail to start with?@gro ups.comMonday, September 14, 2009, 2:33 AM

Opalline