IndiaDivine.org

Quick and easy lunch ideas or things I can make early and save to take for lunch

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am a teacher and so I don't have time to make an elaborate lunch during the week and sometimes I'm even too tired to make one on the weekends. Does anyone have any quick and easy lunch options for me? I've been living on hummus sandwiches and though delicious they're getting old. Also any snack ideas that you might have would be great. I've been eating teddy grahms (not the honey version) and Apples. Thanks for the help!SarahPatricia

<moondreamer64_2000 Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 2:29:09 AMRe: Re: silk?

If it's in my house, I'll kill it. Fortunately I don't have any where I live now.Patricia--- On Sun, 9/13/09, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com> wrote:jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>Re: Re: silk?@gro ups.comSunday, September 13, 2009, 12:10 AM

I don't know - what do you do when you see a cockroach?

Jo

-

Patricia

@gro ups.com

Sunday, September 13, 2009 6:37 AM

Re: Re: silk?

What do you do when you see a cockroach?Patricia--- On Sat, 9/12/09, bantrymoon <bantrymoon (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

bantrymoon <bantrymoon (AT) comcast (DOT) net> Re: silk?@gro ups.comSaturday, September 12, 2009, 4:05 PM

>>>> I will say, I have a lot of trouble having much sympathy for a worm. <<<<I wonder if I could mention a few things that might give a new point of view?What if an alien species visited earth and thought humans were disgusting. So, for fun, they get out their vaporizing guns and zap us away. A few more ethically oriented aliens call them to task for it, and they reply, "Well, geez, I have trouble having much sympathy for a human." How is this any different from a human looking down on insect larvae?Are we humans really of more value than insects? That's a question that we're indoctrinated to believe has an easy answer. But when it gets down to ethics, I can't justify it. Now, if I was given a choice of saving a person or an insect, I'd probably go with my own species just because I identify with my own. I'd be aware, though, that I'm making a choice based on personal preference, not on the relative value of animals. My understanding of the vegan perspective, (which might be in error -- I'm no expert,) is compassion for all animals, even small segmented ones.Cheers,Trish------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

I've been eating rice cakes and corn cakes recently, with peanut butter or soya cream cheese, some salad and/or some sprouted seeds on the side, and an apple or a banana. The cakes come in several varieties, I like the plain and the yeast extract flavoured ones. They're more filling than I thought they'd be, too.

I'm also going to try baked tofu slices as a sandwich filling as they taste yummy and are similar texture to hard cheese if you don't bake them too long.

Also what about making a load of rice or pasta salad at the weekend and portioning it out for lunches during the week? It doesn't take long to boil up some rice and toss it with some chopped up veggies, maybe a dressing if you like - but it's actually quite a nice and filling lunch.

Opalline

On Behalf Of Sarah Tomecek13 September 2009 16:32 Subject: Quick and easy lunch ideas or things I can make early and save to take for lunch

I am a teacher and so I don't have time to make an elaborate lunch during the week and sometimes I'm even too tired to make one on the weekends. Does anyone have any quick and easy lunch options for me? I've been living on hummus sandwiches and though delicious they're getting old. Also any snack ideas that you might have would be great. I've been eating teddy grahms (not the honey version) and Apples. Thanks for the help!

Sarah

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."

How about peanut butter and tomato; Marmite and cucumber or Cheezly and pickle? Sometimes I like to take in a small flask of soup with a bread roll. Or you could try a bean and pasta salad with whatever colourful vegetables you have in the fridge.

Hope something appeals to you!

Kind regards,

Kathleen

Sarah Tomecek <sarah.tomecek Sent: Sunday, 13 September, 2009 16:31:35 Quick and easy lunch ideas or things I can make early and save to take for lunch

I am a teacher and so I don't have time to make an elaborate lunch during the week and sometimes I'm even too tired to make one on the weekends. Does anyone have any quick and easy lunch options for me? I've been living on hummus sandwiches and though delicious they're getting old. Also any snack ideas that you might have would be great. I've been eating teddy grahms (not the honey version) and Apples. Thanks for the help!

Sarah

Patricia <moondreamer64_ 2000 >@gro ups.comSunday, September 13, 2009 2:29:09 AMRe: Re: silk?

If it's in my house, I'll kill it. Fortunately I don't have any where I live now.Patricia--- On Sun, 9/13/09, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com> wrote:

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>Re: Re: silk?@gro ups.comSunday, September 13, 2009, 12:10 AM

Jo

-

Patricia

@gro ups.com

What do you do when you see a cockroach?Patricia--- On Sat, 9/12/09, bantrymoon <bantrymoon (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

bantrymoon <bantrymoon (AT) comcast (DOT) net> Re: silk?@gro ups.comSaturday, September 12, 2009, 4:05 PM

>>>> I will say, I have a lot of trouble having much sympathy for a worm. <<<<I wonder if I could mention a few things that might give a new point of view?What if an alien species visited earth and thought humans were disgusting. So, for fun, they get out their vaporizing guns and zap us away. A few more ethically oriented aliens call them to task for it, and they reply, "Well, geez, I have trouble having much sympathy for a human." How is this any different from a human looking down on insect larvae?Are we humans really of more value than insects? That's a question that we're indoctrinated to believe has an easy answer. But when it gets down to ethics, I can't justify it. Now, if I was given a choice of saving a person or an insect, I'd probably go with my own species just because I identify with my own. I'd be aware, though, that I'm making

a choice based on personal preference, not on the relative value of animals. My understanding of the vegan perspective, (which might be in error -- I'm no expert,) is compassion for all animals, even small segmented ones.Cheers,Trish------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

I do a lot of leftovers for lunch. Vegan chili or pasta (I love

mostaciolli with just a basic, meatless red sauce and I use vegan

parmesan style cheese sprinkled on top). Salads are always good and

you can throw some chickpeas or beans in there for protein. Apples

with a little peanut butter are good. Soups are easy-ish and a pot

lasts us about 2 or 3 days. I'm also lucky enough to live near

Dearborn, MI which has a very high Middle-Eastern population so we

have some outstanding Middle-Eastern restaurants and bakeries -

falafel, hummus and fresh pita bread are always easily attainable and

a quick falafel sandwich is satisfying and easy. I didn't like Middle

Eastern food until about a year ago and now, I have to say that

falafel sandwiches are my favorite thing in the world (followed

closely by Mujadara - a lentil and rice dish that can also be made at

home and re-heats easily and well).

Missie Harhold

and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

and Jeanie the Greyhound

greyhounddog

" Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one

wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to

die, so do other creatures. "

-Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV

All this talk of food is making me hungry :-)

Jo

-

Kathleen Lloyd

Monday, September 14, 2009 2:47 PM

Re: Quick and easy lunch ideas or things I can make early and save to take for lunch

How about peanut butter and tomato; Marmite and cucumber or Cheezly and pickle? Sometimes I like to take in a small flask of soup with a bread roll. Or you could try a bean and pasta salad with whatever colourful vegetables you have in the fridge.

Hope something appeals to you!

Kind regards,

Kathleen

Sarah Tomecek <sarah.tomecek > Sent: Sunday, 13 September, 2009 16:31:35 Quick and easy lunch ideas or things I can make early and save to take for lunch

Sarah

Patricia <moondreamer64_ 2000 >@gro ups.comSunday, September 13, 2009 2:29:09 AMRe: Re: silk?

If it's in my house, I'll kill it. Fortunately I don't have any where I live now.Patricia--- On Sun, 9/13/09, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com> wrote:

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>Re: Re: silk?@gro ups.comSunday, September 13, 2009, 12:10 AM

Jo

-

Patricia

@gro ups.com

>>>> I will say, I have a lot of trouble having much sympathy for a worm. <<<<I wonder if I could mention a few things that might give a new point of view?What if an alien species visited earth and thought humans were disgusting. So, for fun, they get out their vaporizing guns and zap us away. A few more ethically oriented aliens call them to task for it, and they reply, "Well, geez, I have trouble having much sympathy for a human." How is this any different from a human looking down on insect larvae?Are we humans really of more value than insects? That's a question that we're indoctrinated to believe has an easy answer. But when it gets down to ethics, I can't justify it. Now, if I was given a choice of saving a person or an insect, I'd probably go with my own species just because I identify with my own. I'd be aware, though, that I'm making a choice based on personal preference, not on the relative value of animals. My understanding of the vegan perspective, (which might be in error -- I'm no expert,) is compassion for all animals, even small segmented ones.Cheers,Trish------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe