IndiaDivine.org

Whey protein

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,

Wondering if whey protein is vegan, or if because its from a dairy source it is

non-vegan. I have been following the vegan plan since reading the China Study

in Dec, 2008.

Does whey have the same cancer promoting properties as casein?

I am recovering from surgery and am having a hard time getting enough protein.

I saw some liquid whey protein and thought that might be a good option until I'm

healed, if it is safe.

Thanks for your help.

Cindy

Whey is from milk and is therefore not vegan. Try soy protein instead.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Cindy <cindy.b wrote:

Hi all,Wondering if whey protein is vegan, or if because its from a dairy source it is non-vegan.  I have been following the vegan plan since reading the China Study in Dec, 2008.

Does whey have the same cancer promoting properties as casein?I am recovering from surgery and am having a hard time getting enough protein.  I saw some liquid whey protein and thought that might be a good option until I'm healed, if it is safe.

Thanks for your help.Cindy---To send an email to -! Groups Links<*>

/<*> Your email settings:   Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to:

/join   ( ID required)<*> To change settings via email:   -digest

-fullfeatured <*>

whey is not vegan.

it comes from dairy milk. it is a by product of the production of cheese. when they curdle milk with rennet, the liquid part is whey

you know, litle miss muffet, sat on her tuffet, eating her curds and whey....

Cindy Sep 25, 2009 12:31 PM Whey protein

Hi all,Wondering if whey protein is vegan, or if because its from a dairy source it is non-vegan. I have been following the vegan plan since reading the China Study in Dec, 2008. Does whey have the same cancer promoting properties as casein?I am recovering from surgery and am having a hard time getting enough protein. I saw some liquid whey protein and thought that might be a good option until I'm healed, if it is safe. Thanks for your help.Cindy

And everyone got excited about the technology. And I guess it was pretty incredible watching a missile fly down an air-vent. Pretty unbeliveable. But couldn't we feasibly use that same technology to shoot food at hungry people? You know what I mean? Fly over Ethiopia, "There's a guy that needs a banana.Shooooooooooooom"

the Stealth Banana

Smart Fruit!

Bill Hicks

Hi Cindy

Whey is a part of milk - so not vegan. I think it is not good for you.

Jo

-

Cindy

Friday, September 25, 2009 5:31 PM

Whey protein

Hi all,Wondering if whey protein is vegan, or if because its from a dairy source it is non-vegan. I have been following the vegan plan since reading the China Study in Dec, 2008. Does whey have the same cancer promoting properties as casein?I am recovering from surgery and am having a hard time getting enough protein. I saw some liquid whey protein and thought that might be a good option until I'm healed, if it is safe. Thanks for your help.Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Whey protein is animal based. You can find Soy Protein (vegan) in powder form in the same stores that you would find Whey protein.

Bonnie

Cindy <cindy.b Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 12:31:22 PM Whey protein

nuts and seeds are a very easy way to "bulk up" on protein

"jo.heartwork" Sep 25, 2009 1:49 PM Re: Whey protein

Hi Cindy

Whey is a part of milk - so not vegan. I think it is not good for you.

Jo

-

Cindy

Friday, September 25, 2009 5:31 PM

Whey protein

And everyone got excited about the technology. And I guess it was pretty incredible watching a missile fly down an air-vent. Pretty unbeliveable. But couldn't we feasibly use that same technology to shoot food at hungry people? You know what I mean? Fly over Ethiopia, "There's a guy that needs a banana.Shooooooooooooom"

the Stealth Banana

Smart Fruit!

Bill Hicks