IndiaDivine.org

RE: Update (was: article on the soy controversy)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What music have you been listening to?

I have downloaded all my music to my

PC. I select the genre that peaks my interest for the day and put it on

random. My favorite genres are soft rock, rhythm and blues, and

pop. I’ve combined all of these under the heading rock so they

random together. It’s like having a customized radio station!

Then I have my days for New Age or piano music.

What have you been doing?

The County Commissioners

appointed me to the Board of Directors for the local Alcohol, Drug Addiction

and Mental Health Services Board. I have a lot to learn to be most

effective. The timing is awful as we’ve been getting funds cut from

the state (around 4-5 million so far). One of my first duties was determining

and approving cuts in services. Talk about trial by fire!!

For Goodwill | Easter Seals I’m the coordinator

for a group of volunteers who contact folks who have the special radios that receive

the Words Radio station (radio for the blind – newspapers, magazines,

etc). We make sure their radio is working correctly and update the

database with new addresses and such. I’m also a Secret Donor and

Secret Shopper. (Shhhh… It’s a secret.) That’s a

lot of fun. I always have lots to donate and I love to shop Goodwill

stores, but I never got around to going. This way I go at least once a

month.

I’m also a trained Master Recycler volunteer

for MetroParks and the Montgomery County Solid Waste District.

I’ve been spending my free time

making my apartment into a home. I’ve only lived hear 3

years! LOL Friends helped me rearrange the living room and hang

pictures in all the rooms. Of course, I don’t let anything get in

the way of my reading time. So far this year I’ve read 190 books.

What books have you been reading?

My latest reads are: Bears Discover

Fire by Terry Bisson (sci-fi short stories), love belongs to those who

do the feeling by Judy Grahn (poetry), Get Thee to a Punnery by Richard

Lederer (puns and other play on words – very funny), and In the

country of men by Hisham Matar (novel tracks the effects of Libyan

strongman Khadafy's 1969 September revolution on the el-Dawani family, as seen

by nine-year-old Suleiman, who narrates as an adult). In the car I’ve

been listening to books on tape and CD by James Herriot (vet who wrote about

his WWII era practice - the people, the countryside, and the animals).

Judy

Dayton, OH, USA

Wow - you've been busy!

Jo

-

Judy Goldsmith

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 5:06 PM

RE: Update (was: article on the soy controversy)

I have downloaded all my music to my PC. I select the genre that peaks my interest for the day and put it on random. My favorite genres are soft rock, rhythm and blues, and pop. I’ve combined all of these under the heading rock so they random together. It’s like having a customized radio station! Then I have my days for New Age or piano music.

The County Commissioners appointed me to the Board of Directors for the local Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board. I have a lot to learn to be most effective. The timing is awful as we’ve been getting funds cut from the state (around 4-5 million so far). One of my first duties was determining and approving cuts in services. Talk about trial by fire!!

For Goodwill | Easter Seals I’m the coordinator for a group of volunteers who contact folks who have the special radios that receive the Words Radio station (radio for the blind – newspapers, magazines, etc). We make sure their radio is working correctly and update the database with new addresses and such. I’m also a Secret Donor and Secret Shopper. (Shhhh… It’s a secret.) That’s a lot of fun. I always have lots to donate and I love to shop Goodwill stores, but I never got around to going. This way I go at least once a month.

I’m also a trained Master Recycler volunteer for MetroParks and the Montgomery County Solid Waste District.

I’ve been spending my free time making my apartment into a home. I’ve only lived hear 3 years! LOL Friends helped me rearrange the living room and hang pictures in all the rooms. Of course, I don’t let anything get in the way of my reading time. So far this year I’ve read 190 books.

My latest reads are: Bears Discover Fire by Terry Bisson (sci-fi short stories), love belongs to those who do the feeling by Judy Grahn (poetry), Get Thee to a Punnery by Richard Lederer (puns and other play on words – very funny), and In the country of men by Hisham Matar (novel tracks the effects of Libyan strongman Khadafy's 1969 September revolution on the el-Dawani family, as seen by nine-year-old Suleiman, who narrates as an adult). In the car I’ve been listening to books on tape and CD by James Herriot (vet who wrote about his WWII era practice - the people, the countryside, and the animals).

Judy

Dayton, OH, USA

Loads of different things, as my iPod is set to shuffle. I mostly listen to Alternative Rock, EBM, Industrial, Gothic Rock, Funk, Dark Trance, and 80s synthpop, though there isn't really anything I won't listen to at all. So far today it's been Placebo, Nine Inch Nails, Timo Maas, Loreena McKennitt, I Monster, VNV nation, Razed in Black, Apoptygma Berzerk and Apocalyptica.

Lots of work, plus in my spare time I'm up to my eyeballs in Photoshop designing promotional materials for a masquerade ball I'm running next year. Also, I've decided to start learning the electric guitar again so lots of practising that recently too.

Lots of vegan cook books, and some vegetarian ones (since I've realised many recipes are quite easily veganised by swapping milk for soy milk, etc).

Guitar practise books. Other than that I haven't had chance for much book reading :-/

Opalline

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."

whatever is on random shuffle on my computer

currently playing is the Sleezies "Gonna operate on myself"

last thing specifcally played was The Disrupters "Gas the Punx" cd, and the Swingin Utters "the Streets of San Francisco" lp

banging my head against the wall of city bureaucracy. working shows. taking the dogs on their daily walk. working at the brewery. beating my head against the wall some more.

re-read all of the Book of the Fallen Malazan Empire seires.

re-reading Glen Cook's "Black Comnpany" series.

the Sorrows of Empire by Chalmers Johnson.

i need new books..............

And everyone got excited about the technology. And I guess it was pretty incredible watching a missile fly down an air-vent. Pretty unbeliveable. But couldn't we feasibly use that same technology to shoot food at hungry people? You know what I mean? Fly over Ethiopia, "There's a guy that needs a banana.Shooooooooooooom"

the Stealth Banana

Smart Fruit!

Bill Hicks