IndiaDivine.org

Bacchus ???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When my brother died among his belongings was a metal wall plaque - a face. It is grinning, quite young and very impish looking. It has tiny horns, and grapes and vine leaves on his head, like a fringe. Am I right in thinking this is Bacchus, or could it be another god? If it is Bacchus, it can go up on the wall somewhere, but if it was something more sinister, I wouldn't want to do that.

Jo

sounds like bacchus or dionysus....

whats its hair like?

"jo.heartwork" Oct 9, 2009 2:47 PM Bacchus ???

When my brother died among his belongings was a metal wall plaque - a face. It is grinning, quite young and very impish looking. It has tiny horns, and grapes and vine leaves on his head, like a fringe. Am I right in thinking this is Bacchus, or could it be another god? If it is Bacchus, it can go up on the wall somewhere, but if it was something more sinister, I wouldn't want to do that.

Jo

And everyone got excited about the technology. And I guess it was pretty incredible watching a missile fly down an air-vent. Pretty unbeliveable. But couldn't we feasibly use that same technology to shoot food at hungry people? You know what I mean? Fly over Ethiopia, "There's a guy that needs a banana.Shooooooooooooom"

the Stealth Banana

Smart Fruit!

Bill Hicks

Sounds like Bacchus to me, or possibly a version of the Green Man (he's often shown with horns and I've seen him with vines/grapes too on occasion). Neither one counts as sinister.

Opalline

On Behalf Of jo.heartwork09 October 2009 19:47 Subject: Bacchus ???

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."

• 3 weeks later...

That's what it sounds like to me, too.Patricia--- On Fri, 10/9/09, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: Bacchus ??? Date: Friday, October 9, 2009, 2:45 PM

sounds like bacchus or dionysus....

whats its hair like?

"jo.heartwork" Oct 9, 2009 2:47 PM Bacchus ???

Jo

And everyone got excited about the technology. And I guess it was pretty incredible watching a missile fly down an air-vent. Pretty unbeliveable. But couldn't we feasibly use that same technology to shoot food at hungry people? You know what I mean? Fly over Ethiopia, "There's a guy that needs a banana.Shooooooooooooom"the Stealth BananaSmart Fruit!Bill Hicks