IndiaDivine.org

PYTHONATHON!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

(And now for something completely different...)

I just finished a week of taping Monty Python episodes, Monty Python live at the

Hollywood Bowl, Life of Brian, Holy Grail, and interviews with the surviving

cast members. I think it is the 40th year of Python, so Terry Jones' kid and

another young director did a retrospective.

(Now I remember what it was like when I was YOUNG.)

I had forgotten what fun I had watching the show, which oddly enough was always

on the somewhat snooty Public Broadcasting System TV channel in the States. I

had also forgotten how much I missed the show.

It was nice getting a re-glimpse of my younger days.

Cyn

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

so you've been watching IFC all week i take it...

:)

cyn Oct 28, 2009 6:50 PM PYTHONATHON!

(And now for something completely different...)I just finished a week of taping Monty Python episodes, Monty Python live at the Hollywood Bowl, Life of Brian, Holy Grail, and interviews with the surviving cast members. I think it is the 40th year of Python, so Terry Jones' kid and another young director did a retrospective.(Now I remember what it was like when I was YOUNG.)I had forgotten what fun I had watching the show, which oddly enough was always on the somewhat snooty Public Broadcasting System TV channel in the States. I had also forgotten how much I missed the show.It was nice getting a re-glimpse of my younger days.CynSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

And everyone got excited about the technology. And I guess it was pretty incredible watching a missile fly down an air-vent. Pretty unbeliveable. But couldn't we feasibly use that same technology to shoot food at hungry people? You know what I mean? Fly over Ethiopia, "There's a guy that needs a banana.Shooooooooooooom"

the Stealth Banana

Smart Fruit!

Bill Hicks

That sounds fun. I reckon Life of Brian is one of the funniest films ever made

- and probably the most quoted.

Jo

, " cyn " <cyn84074 wrote:

>

> (And now for something completely different...)

>

> I just finished a week of taping Monty Python episodes, Monty Python live at

the Hollywood Bowl, Life of Brian, Holy Grail, and interviews with the surviving

cast members. I think it is the 40th year of Python, so Terry Jones' kid and

another young director did a retrospective.

> (Now I remember what it was like when I was YOUNG.)

> I had forgotten what fun I had watching the show, which oddly enough was

always on the somewhat snooty Public Broadcasting System TV channel in the

States. I had also forgotten how much I missed the show.

> It was nice getting a re-glimpse of my younger days.

> Cyn

> Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

>

i would have to say Holy Grail is more quoted on this side of the pond, and also played on TV more...

heartwerk Oct 29, 2009 3:41 AM Re: PYTHONATHON!

That sounds fun. I reckon Life of Brian is one of the funniest films ever made - and probably the most quoted.Jo , "cyn" <cyn84074 wrote:>> (And now for something completely different...)> > I just finished a week of taping Monty Python episodes, Monty Python live at the Hollywood Bowl, Life of Brian, Holy Grail, and interviews with the surviving cast members. I think it is the 40th year of Python, so Terry Jones' kid and another young director did a retrospective.> (Now I remember what it was like when I was YOUNG.)> I had forgotten what fun I had watching the show, which oddly enough was always on the somewhat snooty Public Broadcasting System TV channel in the States. I had also forgotten how much I missed the show.> It was nice getting a re-glimpse of my younger days.> Cyn> Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T>

And everyone got excited about the technology. And I guess it was pretty incredible watching a missile fly down an air-vent. Pretty unbeliveable. But couldn't we feasibly use that same technology to shoot food at hungry people? You know what I mean? Fly over Ethiopia, "There's a guy that needs a banana.Shooooooooooooom"

the Stealth Banana

Smart Fruit!

Bill Hicks

Is it! I've only seen Holy Grail once, and although it was good, much preferred the Life of Brian.

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:21 PM

Re: Re: PYTHONATHON!

i would have to say Holy Grail is more quoted on this side of the pond, and also played on TV more...

heartwerk Oct 29, 2009 3:41 AM Re: PYTHONATHON!

That sounds fun. I reckon Life of Brian is one of the funniest films ever made - and probably the most quoted.Jo , "cyn" <cyn84074 wrote:>> (And now for something completely different...)> > I just finished a week of taping Monty Python episodes, Monty Python live at the Hollywood Bowl, Life of Brian, Holy Grail, and interviews with the surviving cast members. I think it is the 40th year of Python, so Terry Jones' kid and another young director did a retrospective.> (Now I remember what it was like when I was YOUNG.)> I had forgotten what fun I had watching the show, which oddly enough was always on the somewhat snooty Public Broadcasting System TV channel in the States. I had also forgotten how much I missed the show.> It was nice getting a re-glimpse of my younger days.> Cyn> Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T>

the Stealth Banana

Smart Fruit!

Bill Hicks