IndiaDivine.org

A good article on vegetarianism and veganism - link

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Patricia---For those who haven't already run across this one, here's the link to an article by Ari Solomon titled "Who You Callin' Vegangelical?"http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ari-solomon/who-you-callin-vegangelic_b_290582.html ---"While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth?" George Bernard Shaw ---

Links

I like that article - good to keep to show people.

Jo

, Patricia <moondreamer64_2000 wrote:

>

>

>

> Patricia

>

> ---

>

> For those who haven't already run across this one, here's the link to an

article by Ari Solomon titled " Who You Callin' Vegangelical? "

>

>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ari-solomon/who-you-callin-vegangelic_b_290582.htm\

l

>

>

>

> ---

> " While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we

expect any ideal conditions on this earth? "   George Bernard Shaw

>

>

>

>      

>

>

> ---

>

>

I'm saving it.Patricia--- On Thu, 11/5/09, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:heartwerk <jo.heartwork Re: A good article on vegetarianism and veganism - link Date: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 11:42 PMI like that article - good to keep to show people.Jo , Patricia <moondreamer64_2000 wrote:>> > > Patricia> > ---> > For those who

haven't already run across this one, here's the link to an article by Ari Solomon titled "Who You Callin' Vegangelical?"> > http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ari-solomon/who-you-callin-vegangelic_b_290582.html> > > > ---> "While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth?" George Bernard Shaw> > > > > > > ---> >

I always find it so hard to think what to say when people ask why I am vegan. Usually it is okay if they are genuinely interested but sometimes they just want to attack me, I assume, because they know somewhere deep inside themselves that they are not comfortable eating meat maybe. That's how it sometimes seems to me when people are very belligerent towards my veganism. This kind of thing has happened to me a few times usually when I am just sitting eating my lunch minding my own business at work or when people arrange a meal out and I explain that I will need to go somewhere that will cater for vegans or it can happen when I am out eating with friends (the belligerent attacking that is). It always perplexes me because I am just living the way that I think is right but I guess that by extension that means that I think other people are

not living the right way. Obviously I would not say that to them, my usual answer is that in my opinion veganism is the kindest way to live and when someone once said to me 'Oh I would die if I couldn't eat meat' I kind of replied 'well you wouldn't would you!' in a jokey way. But this article is great, it says everything I would want to say so I think I will print it and carry it with me and hand it out and carry on eating my lunch next time :)--- On Fri, 6/11/09, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:heartwerk <jo.heartwork Re: A good article on vegetarianism and veganism - link Date: Friday, 6 November, 2009, 7:42

I like that article - good to keep to show people.

Jo

@gro ups.com, Patricia <moondreamer64_ 2000 wrote:

>

>

>

> Patricia

>

> ---

>

> For those who haven't already run across this one, here's the link to an article by Ari Solomon titled "Who You Callin' Vegangelical? "

>

> http://www.huffingt onpost.com/ ari-solomon/ who-you-callin- vegangelic_ b_290582. html

>

>

>

> ---

> "While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth?" George Bernard Shaw

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ------------ --------- --------- ------

>

>

someone once said to me 'Oh I would die if I couldn't eat meat'

and my immediate thought was "well, certainly a lot of other beings are doing just that because you are eating that meat"

but, then, i'm a callous sort...

elizabeth vincent Nov 9, 2009 6:45 AM Re: Re: A good article on vegetarianism and veganism - link

I always find it so hard to think what to say when people ask why I am vegan. Usually it is okay if they are genuinely interested but sometimes they just want to attack me, I assume, because they know somewhere deep inside themselves that they are not comfortable eating meat maybe. That's how it sometimes seems to me when people are very belligerent towards my veganism. This kind of thing has happened to me a few times usually when I am just sitting eating my lunch minding my own business at work or when people arrange a meal out and I explain that I will need to go somewhere that will cater for vegans or it can happen when I am out eating with friends (the belligerent attacking that is). It always perplexes me because I am just living the way that I think is right but I guess that by extension that means that I think other people are not living the right way. Obviously I would not say that to them, my usual answer is that in my opinion veganism is the kindest way to live and when someone once said to me 'Oh I would die if I couldn't eat meat' I kind of replied 'well you wouldn't would you!' in a jokey way. But this article is great, it says everything I would want to say so I think I will print it and carry it with me and hand it out and carry on eating my lunch next time :)--- On Fri, 6/11/09, heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote:

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Re: A good article on vegetarianism and veganism - link Date: Friday, 6 November, 2009, 7:42

I like that article - good to keep to show people.Jo@gro ups.com, Patricia <moondreamer64_ 2000 wrote:>> > > Patricia> > ---> > For those who haven't already run across this one, here's the link to an article by Ari Solomon titled "Who You Callin' Vegangelical? "> > http://www.huffingt onpost.com/ ari-solomon/ who-you-callin- vegangelic_ b_290582. html> > > > ---> "While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth?" George Bernard Shaw> > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> >

I sat in on a talk at this year's Bristol Vegan Fayre and the guy giving the

talk spoke about how he used to struggle for a response when asked why he is

vegan. He now says the following (which I think is great!):-

" There are so many reasons to be vegan and no reasons not to be " .

The flip side of this is that there are so many reasons why meat is bad for us,

the planet and animals. There is absolutely nothing positive about eating meat.