foods to choose from.

I also don't agree with the notion of " replacing " the dead thing at

the center of the table with something that tries to replicate it. I

much prefer the image of the cornucopia -- an overflowing selection

of fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables -- which is probably more

historically accurate as well, since it better represents the

celebration of a good harvest.

[rant off]

I agree in part, however I've met vegetarians many times who would not stay vegetarian if they didn't have access to fake meats to make up for the fact they miss the taste of meat from their carnivore days.

Opalline

>>> I don't like the idea of "fake meats," and when I've tried them, have not liked them. I, personally, think it's a waste of resources to eat this kind of stuff when there are so many truly delicious seasonal foods to choose from.

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."

I agree with you. The idea of being vegan or vegetarian is to avoid eating

animals. Fake meats are not animals, and as you say, make it a lot easier for

people to keep from eating animals. I use fake meats a couple of times a week -

in fact today I have Redwoods chicken-style pieces for lunch.

Jo

, " Underwood-Fowler Cindy " <CDUFOWLER

wrote:

>

> I agree in part, however I've met vegetarians many times who would not

> stay vegetarian if they didn't have access to fake meats to make up for

> the fact they miss the taste of meat from their carnivore days.

> Opalline

>

> >>> I don't like the idea of " fake meats, " and when I've tried them,

> have

> not liked them. I, personally, think it's a waste of resources to eat

> this kind of stuff when there are so many truly delicious seasonal

> foods to choose from.

>

> " This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not the

> intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,

> or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has

> misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. "

>

> " Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems is

> subject to monitoring and auditing. "

>

I don't eschew all fake meat, I just don't need the faux turkey. Patricia--- On Mon, 11/23/09, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:heartwerk <jo.heartwork Re: A tasting of four meatless "turkeys" for the holiday table Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 11:33 PMI agree with you. The idea of being vegan or vegetarian is to avoid eating animals. Fake meats are not animals, and as you say, make it a lot easier for people to keep from eating animals. I use fake meats a couple of times a week - in fact today I have Redwoods

chicken-style pieces for lunch.Jo , "Underwood-Fowler Cindy" <CDUFOWLER wrote:>> I agree in part, however I've met vegetarians many times who would not> stay vegetarian if they didn't have access to fake meats to make up for> the fact they miss the taste of meat from their carnivore days.> Opalline> > >>> I don't like the idea of "fake meats," and when I've tried them,> have > not liked them. I, personally, think it's a waste of resources to eat > this kind of stuff when there are so many truly delicious seasonal > foods to choose from.> > "This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not the> intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy,

print,> or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has> misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."> > "Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems is> subject to monitoring and auditing.">---To send an email to -! Groups Links<*> /<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: /join ( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: -digest -fullfeatured <*>

I think the faux turkey is the least tasty of them all.

Jo

-

Patricia

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 8:20 AM

Re: Re: A tasting of four meatless "turkeys" for the holiday table

I don't eschew all fake meat, I just don't need the faux turkey. Patricia--- On Mon, 11/23/09, heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote:

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Re: A tasting of four meatless "turkeys" for the holiday table Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 11:33 PM

I agree with you. The idea of being vegan or vegetarian is to avoid eating animals. Fake meats are not animals, and as you say, make it a lot easier for people to keep from eating animals. I use fake meats a couple of times a week - in fact today I have Redwoods chicken-style pieces for lunch.Jo , "Underwood-Fowler Cindy" <CDUFOWLER wrote:>> I agree in part, however I've met vegetarians many times who would not> stay vegetarian if they didn't have access to fake meats to make up for> the fact they miss the taste of meat from their carnivore days.> Opalline> > >>> I don't like the idea of "fake meats," and when I've tried them,> have > not liked them. I, personally, think it's a waste of resources to eat > this kind of stuff when there are so many truly delicious seasonal > foods to choose from.> > "This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not the> intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,> or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has> misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."> > "Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems is> subject to monitoring and auditing.">---To send an email to -

I've actually never tasted it; but what I've read about it, didn't sound very appetizing.Patricia--- On Tue, 11/24/09, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:jo.heartwork <jo.heartworkRe: Re: A tasting of four meatless "turkeys" for the holiday table Date: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 10:52 AM

Jo

-

Patricia

I don't eschew all fake meat, I just don't need the faux turkey. Patricia--- On Mon, 11/23/09, heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com> wrote:

heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com> Re: A tasting of four meatless "turkeys" for the holiday table@gro ups.comMonday, November 23, 2009, 11:33 PM

I agree with you. The idea of being vegan or vegetarian is to avoid eating animals. Fake meats are not animals, and as you say, make it a lot easier for people to keep from eating animals. I use fake meats a couple of times a week - in fact today I have Redwoods chicken-style pieces for lunch.Jo@gro ups.com, "Underwood-Fowler Cindy" <CDUFOWLER@.. .> wrote:>> I agree in part, however I've met vegetarians many times who would not> stay vegetarian if they didn't have access to fake meats to make up for> the fact they miss the taste of meat from their carnivore days.> Opalline> > >>> I don't like the idea of "fake meats," and when I've tried them,> have > not liked them. I, personally, think it's a waste of resources to eat > this kind of stuff when there are so many truly delicious seasonal > foods to choose from.> > "This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not the> intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,> or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has> misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."> > "Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems is> subject to monitoring and auditing.">------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

i used to adore Now and Zen's Unturkey

"jo.heartwork" Nov 24, 2009 1:52 PM Re: Re: A tasting of four meatless "turkeys" for the holiday table

Jo

-

Patricia

I don't eschew all fake meat, I just don't need the faux turkey. Patricia--- On Mon, 11/23/09, heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote:

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Re: A tasting of four meatless "turkeys" for the holiday table Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 11:33 PM

I agree with you. The idea of being vegan or vegetarian is to avoid eating animals. Fake meats are not animals, and as you say, make it a lot easier for people to keep from eating animals. I use fake meats a couple of times a week - in fact today I have Redwoods chicken-style pieces for lunch.Jo , "Underwood-Fowler Cindy" <CDUFOWLER wrote:>> I agree in part, however I've met vegetarians many times who would not> stay vegetarian if they didn't have access to fake meats to make up for> the fact they miss the taste of meat from their carnivore days.> Opalline> > >>> I don't like the idea of "fake meats," and when I've tried them,> have > not liked them. I, personally, think it's a waste of resources to eat > this kind of stuff when there are so many truly delicious seasonal > foods to choose from.> > "This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not the> intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,> or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has> misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."> > "Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems is> subject to monitoring and auditing.">---To send an email to -