IndiaDivine.org

What are you eating?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thought it might be nice to start a new discussion… I love hearing what people are eating, it inspires me to try new things.

What was the last thing you ate? What are you planning to have for dinner/lunch/snack (whichever is your next meal).

I'll start. I just ate lunch - a mock chicken (that sage and onion slices stuff - is it redwoods?) sandwich with wasabi. I also had a few radishes, some baby plum tomatoes, and a chunk of Taifun basil tofu.

For dinner, I'm having vegan Balmoral pie (from www.veganfamily.co.uk) - basically this is vegan sausages and baked beans, topped with mashed potato and grated cheezly, then cooked until brown on top.

Opalline

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."

Last night we had miso soup with lots of tofu added, mushrooms, green onions, and rice noodles - very filling. I made pinto beans yesterday and plan to have bean and potato burritos with lots and lots of green chile with garlic. Probably will eat those beans again later this week with potatoes and red chile. I live in NM and chile is a staple. I made the mushroom/nut pie recipe that was on here earlier this month. It was fabulous and quite a hit at Thanksgiving. I used walnuts and cashews. CeAnne--- On Tue, 12/1/09, Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLER wrote:Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLER What

are you eating? Date: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 4:41 AM

Thought it might be nice to start a new discussion… I love hearing what people are eating, it inspires me to try new things.

What was the last thing you ate? What are you planning to have for dinner/lunch/ snack (whichever is your next meal).

I'll start. I just ate lunch - a mock chicken (that sage and onion slices stuff - is it redwoods?) sandwich with wasabi. I also had a few radishes, some baby plum tomatoes, and a chunk of Taifun basil tofu.

For dinner, I'm having vegan Balmoral pie (from www.veganfamily. co.uk) - basically this is vegan sausages and baked beans, topped with mashed potato and grated cheezly, then cooked until brown on top.

Opalline

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."

last thing i had was Miso soup, with green onions, diced tofu, and spinach.

no idea what i'm having today.

Underwood-Fowler Cindy Dec 1, 2009 6:41 AM What are you eating?

What was the last thing you ate? What are you planning to have for dinner/lunch/snack (whichever is your next meal).

For dinner, I'm having vegan Balmoral pie (from www.veganfamily.co.uk) - basically this is vegan sausages and baked beans, topped with mashed potato and grated cheezly, then cooked until brown on top.

Opalline

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!

We had a vegetable pot pie (from the " Chicago Diner Cookbook " ) last night for

dinner. It was a little labor intensive, but very good! I think we may have a

recipe for Christmas dinner! Today we're having a mushroom barley stew for

dinner.

Missie Harhold

and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

and Jeanie the Greyhound

greyhounddog

" Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants

happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other

creatures. "

-Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV

>>> Today we're having a mushroom barley stew for dinner.

LOVE stews with barley in them... so comforting!

Opalline

I must get some more Miso soup... it's such a nice base to build on by adding other things. Even my omni DH will eat miso soup with lots of rice noodles and vegetables thrown in :)

Opalline

>> last thing i had was Miso soup, with green onions, diced tofu, and spinach.

I love beans but haven't got into the habit of using them as a staple yet, must try using them more often!

Miso soup - that reminds me, can anyone tell me about miso? I've tried miso soup, ie the sachets of powdered stuff you add hot water to like a cup-a-soup. I've also seen miso in the health food shop as a sort of thick pasty substance in a vacuum sealed plastic pack. That kind is pretty expensive so I've never tried it, does anyone know what it's like taste wise compared to the powdered sachets? How much of it do you use, what for, and how? And when you've opened a pack, how long does it keep for? If you only need a little and it keeps for a long time then it might be worth me buying one, but if one packet only does one meal then it's probably too expensive for me right now.

Opalline

Last night we had miso soup with lots of tofu added, mushrooms, green onions, and rice noodles - very filling. I made pinto beans yesterday and plan to have bean and potato burritos with lots and lots of green chile with garlic.

I had a Redwoods beef-style slice sandwich with mustard, and mixed salad for lunch. For dinner we are having nut roast with bubble and squeak, peas and pickle.

Jo

-

Underwood-Fowler Cindy

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 11:41 AM

What are you eating?

Opalline

mmmmmmmm I love bubble and squeak - haven't had it for ages though. I think I might cook that for tomorrow's dinner... I'll just do extra spuds tonight and have sprouts with my Balmoral pie (and cook extras of those too) so that I already have the fixings for Bubble and Squeak in the fridge :)

Opalline

>>>For dinner we are having nut roast with bubble and squeak, peas and pickle.

A pack here cost about 8.00 and we got about 8 meals out of it - maybe 10 meals. It is 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp per 4 cups of water. We used to use the packets of the miso soup and I don't think there is any comparison. The miso that you add to the soup is outstanding in my opinion. Ours lasted for a couple of months in the fridge. HTH CeAnne--- On Tue, 12/1/09, Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLER wrote:Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLERRE: What are you eating? Date: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 10:35 AM

I love beans but haven't got into the habit of using them as a staple yet, must try using them more often!

Miso soup - that reminds me, can anyone tell me about miso? I've tried miso soup, ie the sachets of powdered stuff you add hot water to like a cup-a-soup. I've also seen miso in the health food shop as a sort of thick pasty substance in a vacuum sealed plastic pack. That kind is pretty expensive so I've never tried it, does anyone know what it's like taste wise compared to the powdered sachets? How much of it do you use, what for, and how? And when you've opened a pack, how long does it keep for? If you only need a little and it keeps for a long time then it might be worth me buying one, but if one packet only does one meal then it's probably too expensive for me right now.

Opalline

Last night we had miso soup with lots of tofu added, mushrooms, green onions, and rice noodles - very filling. I made pinto beans yesterday and plan to have bean and potato burritos with lots and lots of green chile with garlic.

I will most likely make vegan tacos today for dinner.Patricia--- On Tue, 12/1/09, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: What are you eating? Date: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 8:09 AM

last thing i had was Miso soup, with green onions, diced tofu, and spinach.

no idea what i'm having today.

Underwood-Fowler Cindy Dec 1, 2009 6:41 AM What are you eating?

What was the last thing you ate? What are you planning to have for dinner/lunch/ snack (whichever is your next meal).

For dinner, I'm having vegan Balmoral pie (from www.veganfamily. co.uk) - basically this is vegan sausages and baked beans, topped with mashed potato and grated cheezly, then cooked until brown on top.

Opalline

lunch was:...some sorta stir fry

sauteed tofu, with spinach, snap pea pods from the garden, green onions (garden's at least good for something), cherry tomatoes from the farmers market, and some broccoli. with braggs liquid aminos splashed over it

should have made rice, but i wanted to be quick

Breakfast was rolled oats with homemade apple-cranberry sauce and a small

mango.

Lunch is the lentil soup I made last night, with French green lentils,

sweet potato, carrot, celery, red onion, brussels sprouts, parsley (from

the garden), and a bit of leftover rice. Also had a grapefruit.

Dinner will be homemade hummus on rye crackers with extra garlic, and more

of the lentil soup.

Snacks are tangerines and persimmons. Yay, it's the season of orange foods.

I love it too - very tasty. Enjoy yours.

Jo

, " Underwood-Fowler Cindy " <CDUFOWLER

wrote:

>

> mmmmmmmm I love bubble and squeak - haven't had it for ages though. I

> think I might cook that for tomorrow's dinner... I'll just do extra

> spuds tonight and have sprouts with my Balmoral pie (and cook extras of

> those too) so that I already have the fixings for Bubble and Squeak in

> the fridge :)

> Opalline

>

> >>>For dinner we are having nut roast with bubble and squeak, peas and

> pickle.

>

> " This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not the

> intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,

> or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has

> misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. "

>

> " Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems is

> subject to monitoring and auditing. "

>

I ended up skipping the balmoral pie last night as I was too hungry to

wait for potatoes to boil and mash and it was either eat a ton of junk

whilst I waited, or make something that took less time. So I had the

beans and taifun frankfurters mixture on toast instead, and stirred some

marmite into it as well.

Today I had toast and marmite, tomatoes, radishes, basil tofu and an

apple for lunch. For dinner I will be having vegetarian haggis with new

potatoes, brussels sprouts and soya beans.

Opalline

I had champ for breakfast today because I was out of my smoothie ingredients and am having veggie hot dogs and broccoli for dinner tonight.Patricia--- On Wed, 12/2/09, Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLER wrote:Underwood-Fowler Cindy <CDUFOWLERRE: What are you eating? Date: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 8:13 AM

[unclassified] RE: What are you eating?

I ended up skipping the balmoral pie last night as I was too hungry to

wait for potatoes to boil and mash and it was either eat a ton of junk

whilst I waited, or make something that took less time. So I had the

beans and taifun frankfurters mixture on toast instead, and stirred some

marmite into it as well.

Today I had toast and marmite, tomatoes, radishes, basil tofu and an

apple for lunch. For dinner I will be having vegetarian haggis with new

potatoes, brussels sprouts and soya beans.

Opalline

Ooh, ooh, ooh! Before I forget, can I get the ingredients for vegen haggis here in the states??? I've got a recipe around here somewhere's...can't seem to lay my hands on it....CynSent via BlackBerry by AT&T "Underwood-Fowler Cindy" <CDUFOWLERWed, 2 Dec 2009 16:13:18 -0000RE: What are you eating? I ended up skipping the balmoral pie last night as I was too hungry towait for potatoes to boil and mash and it was either eat a ton of junkwhilst I waited, or make something that took less time. So I had thebeans and taifun frankfurters mixture on toast instead, and stirred somemarmite into it as well.Today I had toast and marmite, tomatoes, radishes, basil tofu and anapple for lunch. For dinner I will be having vegetarian haggis with newpotatoes, brussels sprouts and soya beans.Opalline"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."

http://veganfeastkitchen.blogspot.com/2007/01/vegan-haggis-for-robbie-burns-day.html

cyn Dec 5, 2009 12:55 AM Re: What are you eating?

Ooh, ooh, ooh! Before I forget, can I get the ingredients for vegen haggis here in the states??? I've got a recipe around here somewhere's...can't seem to lay my hands on it....Cyn

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

"Underwood-Fowler Cindy" <CDUFOWLER (AT) mail (DOT) dstl.gov.uk>

Wed, 2 Dec 2009 16:13:18 -0000

RE: What are you eating?

I ended up skipping the balmoral pie last night as I was too hungry towait for potatoes to boil and mash and it was either eat a ton of junkwhilst I waited, or make something that took less time. So I had thebeans and taifun frankfurters mixture on toast instead, and stirred somemarmite into it as well.Today I had toast and marmite, tomatoes, radishes, basil tofu and anapple for lunch. For dinner I will be having vegetarian haggis with newpotatoes, brussels sprouts and soya beans.Opalline

The haggis I ate was a ready made vegan one from the supermarket and their website lists these ingredients, all of which I would be surprised if you couldn't get them in the US because there's nothing really unusual in there:

kidney beans, lentils, peanuts, walnuts, almonds, carrots, turnip, mushrooms and vegetable margarine, together with the traditional ingredients of oatmeal, onions and our special blend of spices and seasoning.

Opalline

Ooh, ooh, ooh! Before I forget, can I get the ingredients for vegen haggis here in the states??? I've got a recipe around here somewhere's...can't seem to lay my hands on it....Cyn

Thanks for the help, fraggle and Opalline. CynSent via BlackBerry by AT&T "Underwood-Fowler Cindy" <CDUFOWLERMon, 7 Dec 2009 10:19:30 -0000RE: What are you eating? The haggis I ate was a ready made vegan one from the supermarket and their website lists these ingredients, all of which I would be surprised if you couldn't get them in the US because there's nothing really unusual in there:kidney beans, lentils, peanuts, walnuts, almonds, carrots, turnip, mushrooms and vegetable margarine, together with the traditional ingredients of oatmeal, onions and our special blend of spices and seasoning. OpallineOoh, ooh, ooh! Before I forget, can I get the ingredients for vegen haggis here in the states??? I've got a recipe around here somewhere's...can't seem to lay my hands on it....Cyn"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."