Guest guest

Rare dusting of snow at low elevations

Kevin Fagan, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

--

--

(12-07) 14:39 PST DANVILLE --

Beau the Labrador bounded out of his home in Alamo just after lunchtime Monday

and stopped short, stunned at the sight of something he'd never seen in his four

years of doggie life.

--

Bay Area Weather

--

It was white and cold. His owner, Stephanie Cornell, pointed him uphill and

shouted, " See, Beau! Snow! "

That was all the cue Beau needed to do what dogs do: Jam his snout into the

quarter-inch carpet of white stuff and shake flecks in every direction in a

happy frenzy.

" This is absolutely amazing, " Cornell said. She called out to her pooch with a

laugh: " Have fun - you won't get too many more chances like that here. "

If history holds its course, it could be decades before Beau's descendants get

that chance.

Biggest in years

It's been nearly eight years since snow fell as intensely in the Bay Area as it

did Monday, when a chilly storm swept down from the north. But the big snow dump

of January 2002 didn't get below 500 feet - and Cornell's dog was having his

romp at an elevation of 259 feet.

" It's impressive, " said longtime weather forecaster Mike Pechner. " This is one

of the heaviest and lowest Bay Area snowfalls in 25 years. "

It wasn't quite February 1976 or January 1962, when snow fell practically at sea

level. But it wasn't that far off.

People were hurling snowballs and making snowmen in Moraga, on the Altamont

Pass, in Castro Valley and on every high spot of elevation from the Oakland

hills all the way south to the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Even San Francisco got its share of chilly entertainment. At 1:30 p.m., a

mixture of rain, hail and sleet fell for about 10 minutes downtown.

18 inches on Diablo

The storm dropped 8 inches on top of Mount Hamilton and dusted the top of Mount

Tamalpais, but it saved its biggest embrace for Mount Diablo. The 3,849-foot

mountain usually gets whitened a couple of times in winter, but Monday dawned to

reveal a whopping 18 inches at the peak.

" It was literally snowing on me this morning when I got up, " said Randy Nehas,

who lives on Stone Valley Road not far from Mount Diablo. " We got a quarter-inch

of snow a couple of years ago, but this is very cool. It's different. "

Mount Diablo's share of snow was so heavy, and the pavement so icy, that rangers

closed all the roads heading up the mountain. All day long, cars came screeching

to unexpected halts at the locked gates.

" Oh, no way! What a bummer! " yelped Mike Haralameides as he stared at the

" closed " sign on the southern entrance at 1 p.m. He'd taken the day off from his

catering job and driven from home in Martinez with his friend Ingrid Mayer to

play in the snow.

" Guess we'll just have to try to find it somewhere else, " he said dejectedly as

Mayer tooled their sedan back downhill - past four other cars heading up, about

to get the bad news.

Freeze coming

With the clouds clearing out, attention turned next to all the cold air left

behind.

" We're putting out a freeze warning for the inland areas, because we expect it

to reach 28 degrees or lower, " said Brian Tentinger of the National Weather

Service. " With all that moisture on the ground, it could make for some very

slick locations on the road from ice. "

Wednesday morning could be even colder, with the weather service saying some

inland valleys could see lows in the teens.

Water-wise, Monday's storm was just OK news for a state that needs all the

precipitation it can get after three subpar years.

Only about a half-inch of rain fell on most places in between all that snow,

though some parts of the South Bay received an inch and a half.

The best news was that in the Sierra, where the snow that falls in December

irrigates flatland fields and lawns in July, as much as 3 1/2 feet buried the

terrain above 8,000 feet.

More rain is on tap soon, but don't expect snow in the Bay Area to go with it.

" This next storm is coming in from the Pacific, and will probably last from

Wednesday to the end of the week, " Tentinger said. " It won't be as cold, and it

will be a little steadier rain than this one we just had. "

What's ahead

Freeze: Inland temperatures of 28 degrees or lower are predicted for this

morning and early Wednesday.

More rain:

A warm, wet storm is expected Wednesday evening, with more rain into the end of

the week.

Chronicle staff writer Henry K. Lee contributed to this report. E-mail Kevin

Fagan at kfagan.

This article appeared on page A - 1 of the San Francisco Chronicle

Read more:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/12/07/BAMB1B0B19.DTL#ixzz0\

Z7cU0wJZ

Sounds like fun :-)

My dog looked surprised the first time he saw snow. We opened the back door and there was this foot-high wall of snow. My dog was a Scottish terrier, so not very tall, and he looked at the wall of snow, and jumped over it - or so he thought. Of course, he just disappeared in the snow and all I could see were two little ears and a tail :-)

Jo

-

fraggle

vegan chat

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 6:08 PM

YUCK!

Rare dusting of snow at low elevationsKevin Fagan, Chronicle Staff WriterTuesday, December 8, 2009-----(12-07) 14:39 PST DANVILLE -- Beau the Labrador bounded out of his home in Alamo just after lunchtime Monday and stopped short, stunned at the sight of something he'd never seen in his four years of doggie life. -------------------------Bay Area Weather-------------------------It was white and cold. His owner, Stephanie Cornell, pointed him uphill and shouted, "See, Beau! Snow!"That was all the cue Beau needed to do what dogs do: Jam his snout into the quarter-inch carpet of white stuff and shake flecks in every direction in a happy frenzy."This is absolutely amazing," Cornell said. She called out to her pooch with a laugh: "Have fun - you won't get too many more chances like that here."If history holds its course, it could be decades before Beau's descendants get that chance.Biggest in yearsIt's been nearly eight years since snow fell as intensely in the Bay Area as it did Monday, when a chilly storm swept down from the north. But the big snow dump of January 2002 didn't get below 500 feet - and Cornell's dog was having his romp at an elevation of 259 feet. "It's impressive," said longtime weather forecaster Mike Pechner. "This is one of the heaviest and lowest Bay Area snowfalls in 25 years."It wasn't quite February 1976 or January 1962, when snow fell practically at sea level. But it wasn't that far off.People were hurling snowballs and making snowmen in Moraga, on the Altamont Pass, in Castro Valley and on every high spot of elevation from the Oakland hills all the way south to the Santa Cruz Mountains. Even San Francisco got its share of chilly entertainment. At 1:30 p.m., a mixture of rain, hail and sleet fell for about 10 minutes downtown.18 inches on DiabloThe storm dropped 8 inches on top of Mount Hamilton and dusted the top of Mount Tamalpais, but it saved its biggest embrace for Mount Diablo. The 3,849-foot mountain usually gets whitened a couple of times in winter, but Monday dawned to reveal a whopping 18 inches at the peak. "It was literally snowing on me this morning when I got up," said Randy Nehas, who lives on Stone Valley Road not far from Mount Diablo. "We got a quarter-inch of snow a couple of years ago, but this is very cool. It's different."Mount Diablo's share of snow was so heavy, and the pavement so icy, that rangers closed all the roads heading up the mountain. All day long, cars came screeching to unexpected halts at the locked gates."Oh, no way! What a bummer!" yelped Mike Haralameides as he stared at the "closed" sign on the southern entrance at 1 p.m. He'd taken the day off from his catering job and driven from home in Martinez with his friend Ingrid Mayer to play in the snow."Guess we'll just have to try to find it somewhere else," he said dejectedly as Mayer tooled their sedan back downhill - past four other cars heading up, about to get the bad news.Freeze comingWith the clouds clearing out, attention turned next to all the cold air left behind. "We're putting out a freeze warning for the inland areas, because we expect it to reach 28 degrees or lower," said Brian Tentinger of the National Weather Service. "With all that moisture on the ground, it could make for some very slick locations on the road from ice."Wednesday morning could be even colder, with the weather service saying some inland valleys could see lows in the teens.Water-wise, Monday's storm was just OK news for a state that needs all the precipitation it can get after three subpar years.Only about a half-inch of rain fell on most places in between all that snow, though some parts of the South Bay received an inch and a half. The best news was that in the Sierra, where the snow that falls in December irrigates flatland fields and lawns in July, as much as 3 1/2 feet buried the terrain above 8,000 feet.More rain is on tap soon, but don't expect snow in the Bay Area to go with it."This next storm is coming in from the Pacific, and will probably last from Wednesday to the end of the week," Tentinger said. "It won't be as cold, and it will be a little steadier rain than this one we just had."What's ahead Freeze: Inland temperatures of 28 degrees or lower are predicted for this morning and early Wednesday.More rain: A warm, wet storm is expected Wednesday evening, with more rain into the end ofthe week.Chronicle staff writer Henry K. Lee contributed to this report. E-mail Kevin Fagan at kfagan (AT) sfchronicle (DOT) com.This article appeared on page A - 1 of the San Francisco ChronicleRead more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/12/07/BAMB1B0B19.DTL#ixzz0Z7cU0wJZ

Maybe I'm just getting old, but while I love seeing my animals first impressions and joy with the snow, it quickly turns to annoyance. I live in Chicago and we've woke up the last two mornings to snow. It's going to snow again tomorrow with 40mph winds, then drop down to 5. Yeah, 5. I've already had my fill of winter. I've been actually thinking maybe it's time to get out of the area. I like spring-time kinda temps. Bitter with snow lost its appeal a long, long time ago!! ~~Vickyfraggle <EBbrewpunxvegan chat Tue, December 8, 2009 12:08:43 PM YUCK!

Rare dusting of snow at low elevations

Kevin Fagan, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

(12-07) 14:39 PST DANVILLE --

Beau the Labrador bounded out of his home in Alamo just after lunchtime Monday and stopped short, stunned at the sight of something he'd never seen in his four years of doggie life.

Bay Area Weather

It was white and cold. His owner, Stephanie Cornell, pointed him uphill and shouted, "See, Beau! Snow!"

That was all the cue Beau needed to do what dogs do: Jam his snout into the quarter-inch carpet of white stuff and shake flecks in every direction in a happy frenzy.

"This is absolutely amazing," Cornell said. She called out to her pooch with a laugh: "Have fun - you won't get too many more chances like that here."

If history holds its course, it could be decades before Beau's descendants get that chance.

Biggest in years

It's been nearly eight years since snow fell as intensely in the Bay Area as it did Monday, when a chilly storm swept down from the north. But the big snow dump of January 2002 didn't get below 500 feet - and Cornell's dog was having his romp at an elevation of 259 feet.

"It's impressive," said longtime weather forecaster Mike Pechner. "This is one of the heaviest and lowest Bay Area snowfalls in 25 years."

It wasn't quite February 1976 or January 1962, when snow fell practically at sea level. But it wasn't that far off.

People were hurling snowballs and making snowmen in Moraga, on the Altamont Pass, in Castro Valley and on every high spot of elevation from the Oakland hills all the way south to the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Even San Francisco got its share of chilly entertainment. At 1:30 p.m., a mixture of rain, hail and sleet fell for about 10 minutes downtown.

18 inches on Diablo

The storm dropped 8 inches on top of Mount Hamilton and dusted the top of Mount Tamalpais, but it saved its biggest embrace for Mount Diablo. The 3,849-foot mountain usually gets whitened a couple of times in winter, but Monday dawned to reveal a whopping 18 inches at the peak.

"It was literally snowing on me this morning when I got up," said Randy Nehas, who lives on Stone Valley Road not far from Mount Diablo. "We got a quarter-inch of snow a couple of years ago, but this is very cool. It's different."

Mount Diablo's share of snow was so heavy, and the pavement so icy, that rangers closed all the roads heading up the mountain. All day long, cars came screeching to unexpected halts at the locked gates.

"Oh, no way! What a bummer!" yelped Mike Haralameides as he stared at the "closed" sign on the southern entrance at 1 p.m. He'd taken the day off from his catering job and driven from home in Martinez with his friend Ingrid Mayer to play in the snow.

"Guess we'll just have to try to find it somewhere else," he said dejectedly as Mayer tooled their sedan back downhill - past four other cars heading up, about to get the bad news.

Freeze coming

With the clouds clearing out, attention turned next to all the cold air left behind.

"We're putting out a freeze warning for the inland areas, because we expect it to reach 28 degrees or lower," said Brian Tentinger of the National Weather Service. "With all that moisture on the ground, it could make for some very slick locations on the road from ice."

Wednesday morning could be even colder, with the weather service saying some inland valleys could see lows in the teens.

Water-wise, Monday's storm was just OK news for a state that needs all the precipitation it can get after three subpar years.

Only about a half-inch of rain fell on most places in between all that snow, though some parts of the South Bay received an inch and a half.

The best news was that in the Sierra, where the snow that falls in December irrigates flatland fields and lawns in July, as much as 3 1/2 feet buried the terrain above 8,000 feet.

More rain is on tap soon, but don't expect snow in the Bay Area to go with it.

"This next storm is coming in from the Pacific, and will probably last from Wednesday to the end of the week," Tentinger said. "It won't be as cold, and it will be a little steadier rain than this one we just had."

What's ahead

Freeze: Inland temperatures of 28 degrees or lower are predicted for this morning and early Wednesday.

More rain:

A warm, wet storm is expected Wednesday evening, with more rain into the end of

the week.

Chronicle staff writer Henry K. Lee contributed to this report. E-mail Kevin Fagan at kfagan (AT) sfchronicle (DOT) com.

This article appeared on page A - 1 of the San Francisco Chronicle

Read more: http://www.sfgate. com/cgi-bin/ article.cgi? f=/c/a/2009/ 12/07/BAMB1B0B19 .DTL#ixzz0Z7cU0w JZ

We have snow so seldom here that it is definitely fun, but I can understand

being fed up with it when you get a lot. I suppose that temperature is 5

fahrenheit?

Jo

, damiensmom <damiensmom1995 wrote:

>

> Maybe I'm just getting old, but while I love seeing my animals first

impressions and joy with the snow, it quickly turns to annoyance. I live in

Chicago and we've woke up the last two mornings to snow. It's going to snow

again tomorrow with 40mph winds, then drop down to 5. Yeah, 5. I've already had

my fill of winter. I've been actually thinking maybe it's time to get out of

the area. I like spring-time kinda temps. Bitter with snow lost its appeal a

long, long time ago!! ~~Vicky

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx

> vegan chat

> Tue, December 8, 2009 12:08:43 PM

> YUCK!

>

>

> Rare dusting of snow at low elevations

>

> Kevin Fagan, Chronicle Staff Writer

>

> Tuesday, December 8, 2009

>

> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

>

>

> (12-07) 14:39 PST DANVILLE --

>

> Beau the Labrador bounded out of his home in Alamo just after lunchtime Monday

and stopped short, stunned at the sight of something he'd never seen in his four

years of doggie life.

>

> Bay Area Weather

> It was white and cold. His owner, Stephanie Cornell, pointed him uphill and

shouted, " See, Beau! Snow! "

>

> That was all the cue Beau needed to do what dogs do: Jam his snout into the

quarter-inch carpet of white stuff and shake flecks in every direction in a

happy frenzy.

>

> " This is absolutely amazing, " Cornell said. She called out to her pooch with a

laugh: " Have fun - you won't get too many more chances like that here. "

>

> If history holds its course, it could be decades before Beau's descendants get

that chance.

>

> Biggest in years

> It's been nearly eight years since snow fell as intensely in the Bay Area as

it did Monday, when a chilly storm swept down from the north. But the big snow

dump of January 2002 didn't get below 500 feet - and Cornell's dog was having

his romp at an elevation of 259 feet.

>

> " It's impressive, " said longtime weather forecaster Mike Pechner. " This is one

of the heaviest and lowest Bay Area snowfalls in 25 years. "

>

> It wasn't quite February 1976 or January 1962, when snow fell practically at

sea level. But it wasn't that far off.

>

> People were hurling snowballs and making snowmen in Moraga, on the Altamont

Pass, in Castro Valley and on every high spot of elevation from the Oakland

hills all the way south to the Santa Cruz Mountains.

>

> Even San Francisco got its share of chilly entertainment. At 1:30 p.m., a

mixture of rain, hail and sleet fell for about 10 minutes downtown.

>

> 18 inches on Diablo

> The storm dropped 8 inches on top of Mount Hamilton and dusted the top of

Mount Tamalpais, but it saved its biggest embrace for Mount Diablo. The

3,849-foot mountain usually gets whitened a couple of times in winter, but

Monday dawned to reveal a whopping 18 inches at the peak.

>

> " It was literally snowing on me this morning when I got up, " said Randy Nehas,

who lives on Stone Valley Road not far from Mount Diablo. " We got a quarter-inch

of snow a couple of years ago, but this is very cool. It's different. "

>

> Mount Diablo's share of snow was so heavy, and the pavement so icy, that

rangers closed all the roads heading up the mountain. All day long, cars came

screeching to unexpected halts at the locked gates.

>

> " Oh, no way! What a bummer! " yelped Mike Haralameides as he stared at the

" closed " sign on the southern entrance at 1 p.m. He'd taken the day off from his

catering job and driven from home in Martinez with his friend Ingrid Mayer to

play in the snow.

>

> " Guess we'll just have to try to find it somewhere else, " he said dejectedly

as Mayer tooled their sedan back downhill - past four other cars heading up,

about to get the bad news.

>

> Freeze coming

> With the clouds clearing out, attention turned next to all the cold air left

behind.

>

> " We're putting out a freeze warning for the inland areas, because we expect it

to reach 28 degrees or lower, " said Brian Tentinger of the National Weather

Service. " With all that moisture on the ground, it could make for some very

slick locations on the road from ice. "

>

> Wednesday morning could be even colder, with the weather service saying some

inland valleys could see lows in the teens.

>

> Water-wise, Monday's storm was just OK news for a state that needs all the

precipitation it can get after three subpar years.

>

> Only about a half-inch of rain fell on most places in between all that snow,

though some parts of the South Bay received an inch and a half.

>

> The best news was that in the Sierra, where the snow that falls in December

irrigates flatland fields and lawns in July, as much as 3 1/2 feet buried the

terrain above 8,000 feet.

>

> More rain is on tap soon, but don't expect snow in the Bay Area to go with it.

>

> " This next storm is coming in from the Pacific, and will probably last from

Wednesday to the end of the week, " Tentinger said. " It won't be as cold, and it

will be a little steadier rain than this one we just had. "

>

> What's ahead

> Freeze: Inland temperatures of 28 degrees or lower are predicted for this

morning and early Wednesday.

>

> More rain:

>

> A warm, wet storm is expected Wednesday evening, with more rain into the end

of

>

> the week.

>

> Chronicle staff writer Henry K. Lee contributed to this report. E-mail Kevin

Fagan at kfagan (AT) sfchronicle (DOT) com.

>

> This article appeared on page A - 1 of the San Francisco Chronicle

>

> Read more: http://www.sfgate. com/cgi-bin/ article.cgi? f=/c/a/2009/

12/07/BAMB1B0B19 .DTL#ixzz0Z7cU0w JZ

>

That is so cute! The first time our dog saw snow with us we were throwing snowballs for him and he was trying to catch them in his mouth and he just couldn't understand why they kept disappearing :)

yeah, it would be fahrenheit over here

heartwerk Dec 9, 2009 2:45 AM Re: YUCK!

We have snow so seldom here that it is definitely fun, but I can understand being fed up with it when you get a lot. I suppose that temperature is 5 fahrenheit?Jo , damiensmom <damiensmom1995 wrote:>> Maybe I'm just getting old, but while I love seeing my animals first impressions and joy with the snow, it quickly turns to annoyance. I live in Chicago and we've woke up the last two mornings to snow. It's going to snow again tomorrow with 40mph winds, then drop down to 5. Yeah, 5. I've already had my fill of winter. I've been actually thinking maybe it's time to get out of the area. I like spring-time kinda temps. Bitter with snow lost its appeal a long, long time ago!! ~~Vicky> > > > > ________________________________> fraggle <EBbrewpunx> vegan chat > Tue, December 8, 2009 12:08:43 PM> YUCK!> > > Rare dusting of snow at low elevations> > Kevin Fagan, Chronicle Staff Writer> > Tuesday, December 8, 2009> > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> > (12-07) 14:39 PST DANVILLE -- > > Beau the Labrador bounded out of his home in Alamo just after lunchtime Monday and stopped short, stunned at the sight of something he'd never seen in his four years of doggie life. > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> Bay Area Weather> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> It was white and cold. His owner, Stephanie Cornell, pointed him uphill and shouted, "See, Beau! Snow!"> > That was all the cue Beau needed to do what dogs do: Jam his snout into the quarter-inch carpet of white stuff and shake flecks in every direction in a happy frenzy.> > "This is absolutely amazing," Cornell said. She called out to her pooch with a laugh: "Have fun - you won't get too many more chances like that here."> > If history holds its course, it could be decades before Beau's descendants get that chance.> > Biggest in years> It's been nearly eight years since snow fell as intensely in the Bay Area as it did Monday, when a chilly storm swept down from the north. But the big snow dump of January 2002 didn't get below 500 feet - and Cornell's dog was having his romp at an elevation of 259 feet. > > "It's impressive," said longtime weather forecaster Mike Pechner. "This is one of the heaviest and lowest Bay Area snowfalls in 25 years."> > It wasn't quite February 1976 or January 1962, when snow fell practically at sea level. But it wasn't that far off.> > People were hurling snowballs and making snowmen in Moraga, on the Altamont Pass, in Castro Valley and on every high spot of elevation from the Oakland hills all the way south to the Santa Cruz Mountains. > > Even San Francisco got its share of chilly entertainment. At 1:30 p.m., a mixture of rain, hail and sleet fell for about 10 minutes downtown.> > 18 inches on Diablo> The storm dropped 8 inches on top of Mount Hamilton and dusted the top of Mount Tamalpais, but it saved its biggest embrace for Mount Diablo. The 3,849-foot mountain usually gets whitened a couple of times in winter, but Monday dawned to reveal a whopping 18 inches at the peak. > > "It was literally snowing on me this morning when I got up," said Randy Nehas, who lives on Stone Valley Road not far from Mount Diablo. "We got a quarter-inch of snow a couple of years ago, but this is very cool. It's different."> > Mount Diablo's share of snow was so heavy, and the pavement so icy, that rangers closed all the roads heading up the mountain. All day long, cars came screeching to unexpected halts at the locked gates.> > "Oh, no way! What a bummer!" yelped Mike Haralameides as he stared at the "closed" sign on the southern entrance at 1 p.m. He'd taken the day off from his catering job and driven from home in Martinez with his friend Ingrid Mayer to play in the snow.> > "Guess we'll just have to try to find it somewhere else," he said dejectedly as Mayer tooled their sedan back downhill - past four other cars heading up, about to get the bad news.> > Freeze coming> With the clouds clearing out, attention turned next to all the cold air left behind. > > "We're putting out a freeze warning for the inland areas, because we expect it to reach 28 degrees or lower," said Brian Tentinger of the National Weather Service. "With all that moisture on the ground, it could make for some very slick locations on the road from ice."> > Wednesday morning could be even colder, with the weather service saying some inland valleys could see lows in the teens.> > Water-wise, Monday's storm was just OK news for a state that needs all the precipitation it can get after three subpar years.> > Only about a half-inch of rain fell on most places in between all that snow, though some parts of the South Bay received an inch and a half. > > The best news was that in the Sierra, where the snow that falls in December irrigates flatland fields and lawns in July, as much as 3 1/2 feet buried the terrain above 8,000 feet.> > More rain is on tap soon, but don't expect snow in the Bay Area to go with it.> > "This next storm is coming in from the Pacific, and will probably last from Wednesday to the end of the week," Tentinger said. "It won't be as cold, and it will be a little steadier rain than this one we just had."> > What's ahead > Freeze: Inland temperatures of 28 degrees or lower are predicted for this morning and early Wednesday.> > More rain: > > A warm, wet storm is expected Wednesday evening, with more rain into the end of> > the week.> > Chronicle staff writer Henry K. Lee contributed to this report. E-mail Kevin Fagan at kfagan (AT) sfchronicle (DOT) com.> > This article appeared on page A - 1 of the San Francisco Chronicle> > Read more: http://www.sfgate. com/cgi-bin/ article.cgi? f=/c/a/2009/ 12/07/BAMB1B0B19 .DTL#ixzz0Z7cU0w JZ>

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!

I can imagine that -glad he had fun.

Jo

, elizabeth vincent <charlottesometimes88

wrote:

>

> That is so cute!  The first time our dog saw snow with us we were throwing

snowballs for him and he was trying to catch them in his mouth and he just

couldn't understand why they kept disappearing :)

>

Dogs in snow are so funny. We had rescued Rottweilers when i was little and they were so funny in the snow playing. The photos were really funny too as they looked like dalmatians in reverse all dark and covered with the snowflakes.

Alicia xxOn Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 7:34 AM, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Jo

, elizabeth vincent <charlottesometimes88 wrote:

>

> That is so cute!  The first time our dog saw snow with us we were throwing snowballs for him and he was trying to catch them in his mouth and he just couldn't understand why they kept disappearing :)

>

In a freshly fallen snow, they have fun because it's usually not cold. Today in Chicago, it's a balmy 8 (F) with a wind chill of -13. My rottie's feet got so cold that he just couldn't walk. He just stayed in one spot and kept trying to keep his feet out of all the snow we had yesterday. That's the problem here....right after we get snow, it's usually followed with bitter cold temps. Would love snow that melts the next day! Am I sounding bah-humbug enough??? I hate this cold!!!!! ~~VickyAlicia <ms.alicia.armstrong Sent: Thu, December 10, 2009 6:06:39 AMRe: Re: YUCK!

Dogs in snow are so funny. We had rescued Rottweilers when i was little and they were so funny in the snow playing. The photos were really funny too as they looked like dalmatians in reverse all dark and covered with the snowflakes.

Alicia xxOn Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 7:34 AM, heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com> wrote:

Jo

@gro ups.com, elizabeth vincent <charlottesometimes8 8 wrote:

>

> That is so cute! The first time our dog saw snow with us we were throwing snowballs for him and he was trying to catch them in his mouth and he just couldn't understand why they kept disappearing :)

>

It is good to see them enjoying themselves, isn't it.

Jo

, Alicia <ms.alicia.armstrong wrote:

>

> Dogs in snow are so funny. We had rescued Rottweilers when i was little and

> they were so funny in the snow playing. The photos were really funny too as

> they looked like dalmatians in reverse all dark and covered with the

> snowflakes.

> Alicia xx

>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 7:34 AM, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> >

> >

> > I can imagine that -glad he had fun.

> >

> > Jo

> >

> >

> > <%40>,

> > elizabeth vincent <charlottesometimes88@> wrote:

> > >

> > > That is so cute! The first time our dog saw snow with us we were

> > throwing snowballs for him and he was trying to catch them in his mouth and

> > he just couldn't understand why they kept disappearing :)

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

You are not sounding like a bah-humbug at all :-) I like our snow because it

comes, stays for a day or maybe too, and then goes. I wouldn't like it to be as

cold as you have it at the moment.

Jo

, damiensmom <damiensmom1995 wrote:

>

> In a freshly fallen snow, they have fun because it's usually not cold. Today

in Chicago, it's a balmy 8 (F) with a wind chill of -13. My rottie's feet got

so cold that he just couldn't walk. He just stayed in one spot and kept trying

to keep his feet out of all the snow we had yesterday. That's the problem

here....right after we get snow, it's usually followed with bitter cold temps.

Would love snow that melts the next day! Am I sounding bah-humbug enough??? I

hate this cold!!!!! ~~Vicky

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> Alicia <ms.alicia.armstrong

>

> Thu, December 10, 2009 6:06:39 AM

> Re: Re: YUCK!

>

>

> Dogs in snow are so funny. We had rescued Rottweilers when i was little and

they were so funny in the snow playing. The photos were really funny too as they

looked like dalmatians in reverse all dark and covered with the snowflakes.

> Alicia xx

>

>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 7:34 AM, heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com> wrote:

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > >

> >

> >>

> >

> >>

> >

> >I can imagine that -glad he had fun.

> >

> >>Jo

> >

> >

> >>@gro ups.com, elizabeth vincent <charlottesometimes8

8 wrote:

> >>>

> >>> That is so cute! The first time our dog saw snow with us we were throwing

snowballs for him and he was trying to catch them in his mouth and he just

couldn't understand why they kept disappearing :)

> >>>

> >

> >

>