IndiaDivine.org

It's Hard to Change Ingrained Beliefs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I, too, have had my share of "flack" about not eating animals. People do take great offense when they are asked to contemplate a different way of thinking. It is funny how people will even come to you to ask for advice (about all kinds of things) because what they are doing isn't working for them. When they do get the sought after advice (a potentially new way to handle a situation), more times than not, they ignore the advice or even argue that "this won't work" and continue to do the things that got them into the problematic situation to begin with. I continue to tell people that I don't eat animals (no, I don't even bother using the nice word 'meat') and hope that I am planting a seed in the hard-packed soil of their minds! Little by little, I believe that this will make the changes that we need on Planet Earth. That, along with being confronted with personal diagnoses of cancer, diabetes, heart problems, obesity, etc. might finally get people to see the wisdom in a vegan lifestyle.

All the best in this New Year -

Astrid Thomsenastridsanimaltales