I need help finding vegan products that are not so expensive. I am looking for

your everyday household items. Laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, toilet

paper, ect...i know on peta and other sites they have lists of cruelty free

suppliers, but i just can't continue to pay $12 for a bottle of detergent. Does

anyone know of any store brands even that may be vegan/cruelty free? Thanks

I agree that a lot of vegan products can hurt the wallet. I have found Method

products that are vegan and very reasonably priced, at least here in Buffalo,

NY. You can see if any stores around you carry them. I know Target sells them

here. So if there's one near you, see if they carry them or ask them to.

http://www.methodhome.com/

, " sprightcat " <sprightcat wrote:

>

> I need help finding vegan products that are not so expensive. I am looking for

>

you could always make your own at home....no reason to buy store brands if you want to go cheap

vinegar, lemon, and baking soda can do most jobs around the house.

sprightcat Jan 10, 2010 9:35 AM vegan on the cheap suggestions

I need help finding vegan products that are not so expensive. I am looking for your everyday household items. Laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, ect...i know on peta and other sites they have lists of cruelty free suppliers, but i just can't continue to pay $12 for a bottle of detergent. Does anyone know of any store brands even that may be vegan/cruelty free? Thanks

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!

here, i found this online

3 Homemade Natural Cleaning Products

Using lemons, vinegar, and baking soda as natural cleaning products in your home

By Sarah Aguirre,

One of my earliest memories is of my mother cleaning with what looked to me like cooking ingredients. She would be listening to the radio as she poured baking soda, lemon, and vinegar combinations on the surfaces of our home. Magically these natural cleaning products kept our home clean and smelling fresh, without stretching an already thin household budget. Here are a few basic household ingredients and items you can use to clean your home. Vinegar

Uses: Vinegar naturally cleans like an all-purpose cleaner. Mix a solution of 1 part water to 1 part vinegar in a new store bought spray bottle and you have a solution that will clean most areas of your home. Vinegar is a great natural cleaning product as well as a disinfectant and deodorizer. Always test on an inconspicuous area. It is safe to use on most surfaces and has the added bonus of being incredibly cheap. Improperly diluted vinegar is acidic and can eat away at tile grout. Never use vinegar on marble surfaces. Don't worry about your home smelling like vinegar. The smell disappears when it dries. Here are some uses for vinegar in the rooms of your house. Use it in the…

Bathroom - Clean the bathtub, toilet, sink, and countertops. Use pure vinegar in the toilet bowl to get rid of rings. Flush the toilet to allow the water level to go down. Pour the undiluted vinegar around the inside of the rim. Scrub down the bowl. Mop the floor in the bathroom with a vinegar/water solution. The substance will also eat away the soap scum and hard water stains on your fixtures and tile. Make sure it is safe to use with your tile. Kitchen- Clean the stovetop, appliances, countertops, and floor. Laundry Room- Use vinegar as a natural fabric softener. This can be especially helpful for families who have sensitive skin. Add ½ cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle in place of store bought fabric softener. Vinegar has the added benefit of breaking down laundry detergent more effectively. (A plus when you have a family member whose skin detects every trace of detergent.)

Lemon Juice

Uses: Lemon juice is another natural substance that can be used to clean your home. Lemon juice can be used to dissolve soap scum and hard water deposits. Lemon is a great substance to clean and shine brass and copper. Lemon juice can be mixed with vinegar and or baking soda to make cleaning pastes. Cut a lemon in half and sprinkle baking soda on the cut section. Use the lemon to scrub dishes, surfaces, and stains. Mix 1 cup olive oil with ½ cup lemon juice and you have a furniture polish for your hardwood furniture. My favorite use for the fruit is to put a whole lemon peel through the garbage disposal. It freshens the drain and the kitchen. Orange peels can be used with the same results. Baking Soda

Uses: Baking soda can be used to scrub surfaces in much the same way as commercial abrasive cleansers. Baking soda is great as a deodorizer. Place a box in the refrigerator and freezer to absorb odors. Put it anywhere you need deodorizing action. Try these three kitchen ingredients as natural cleaning products in your home.

I need help finding vegan products that are not so expensive. I am looking for your everyday household items. Laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, ect...i know on peta and other sites they have lists of cruelty free suppliers, but i just can't continue to pay $12 for a bottle of detergent. Does anyone know of any store brands even that may be vegan/cruelty free? Thanks

i find that if i go to whole foods ... find these no name brand brands like organics or 365 ...and some of there stuff is vegan and more reasonably priced..other wise look on line ....sprightcat <sprightcat Sent: Sun, January 10, 2010 6:35:32 AM vegan on the cheap suggestions

Thank you for the suggestions. I do use method products, but even they are

getting so expensive. My husband and I are trying hard to actually get some

money tucked away this year. I have always thought about trying to make my own,

but i worry sometimes if it would clean well enough. Thank you so much for your

help. If you have any more natural cleansing info, please let me know.

, Adam Barak <adambarak wrote:

>

> i find that if i go to whole foods ... find these no name brand brands like

organics or 365 ...and some of there stuff is vegan and more reasonably priced..

> other wise look on line ...

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> sprightcat <sprightcat

>

> Sun, January 10, 2010 6:35:32 AM

> vegan on the cheap suggestions

>

>

> I need help finding vegan products that are not so expensive. I am looking for

>

Hi. I'm a neat freak. I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and germs are a big

" thing " for me. I was concerned about the efficacy of natural products at first

and then of homemade products when I made that switch. Truthfully, I think that

vinegar, lemon and baking soda do at least as good a job as the " traditional "

products I used to use (the really awful things like bleach and ammonia based

products). AND my breathing is easier (I have asthma). I usually just use

vinegar and water with a few drops of essential oil (lavender for me) for

cleaning the kitchen and bathroom. Sometimes I'll use a Method product because

I like the smell. But doing it yourself is every bit as good as the store

bought products.

Missie Harhold

and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

and Jeanie the Greyhound

greyhounddog

" Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants

happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other

creatures. "

-Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV

I use vinegar, water and essential oil for general kitchen and bathroom cleaning

too. I use neat vinegar on the limescale that forms under the taps (we are in a

very hard water area). I often add a couple of drops of essential oil to the

rinse cycle of my washing.

Jo

, NATASHA HARHOLD <greyhounddog wrote:

>

> Hi. I'm a neat freak. I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and germs are a

big " thing " for me. I was concerned about the efficacy of natural products at

first and then of homemade products when I made that switch. Truthfully, I

think that vinegar, lemon and baking soda do at least as good a job as the

" traditional " products I used to use (the really awful things like bleach and

ammonia based products). AND my breathing is easier (I have asthma). I usually

just use vinegar and water with a few drops of essential oil (lavender for me)

for cleaning the kitchen and bathroom. Sometimes I'll use a Method product

because I like the smell. But doing it yourself is every bit as good as the

store bought products.

>

>

> Missie Harhold

> and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

> and Jeanie the Greyhound

> greyhounddog

>

>

>

> " Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants

creatures. "

>

> -Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV

>

That's true, but home made laundry soap doesn't really work very well unless you have soft water. I tried it and if I had had a water softener, it would have saved me a lot of money.Patricia--- On Sun, 1/10/10, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: vegan on the cheap suggestions Date: Sunday, January 10, 2010, 7:56 PM

you could always make your own at home....no reason to buy store brands if you want to go cheap

vinegar, lemon, and baking soda can do most jobs around the house.

To send an email to -

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional

Change settings via the Web ( ID required)

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured

Visit Your Group |

Terms of Use

|

Un

__,_._,__You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!

Thank you guys so much. I am also have asthma, so this might be a thing i need

to start doing. It woul dbe cheap, and I trust that the homemade mix ups clean

well. now...the essential oils, are these the oils that you can get at michaels

for candles and soap and stuff???

, " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> I use vinegar, water and essential oil for general kitchen and bathroom

cleaning too. I use neat vinegar on the limescale that forms under the taps (we

are in a very hard water area). I often add a couple of drops of essential oil

to the rinse cycle of my washing.

>

> Jo

>

> , NATASHA HARHOLD <greyhounddog@> wrote:

> >

> > Hi. I'm a neat freak. I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and germs are a

big " thing " for me. I was concerned about the efficacy of natural products at

first and then of homemade products when I made that switch. Truthfully, I

think that vinegar, lemon and baking soda do at least as good a job as the

" traditional " products I used to use (the really awful things like bleach and

ammonia based products). AND my breathing is easier (I have asthma). I usually

just use vinegar and water with a few drops of essential oil (lavender for me)

for cleaning the kitchen and bathroom. Sometimes I'll use a Method product

because I like the smell. But doing it yourself is every bit as good as the

store bought products.

> >

> >

> > Missie Harhold

> > and Gracie the Ibizan Hound

> > and Jeanie the Greyhound

> > greyhounddog@

> >

> >

> >

> > " Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants

creatures. "

> >

> > -Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The XIV

> >

>

I use white vinegar in my rinse water in both my washer and my dishwasher and it works great.Lemons are for eating though because they are so expensive.Patricia--- On Sun, 1/10/10, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: vegan on the cheap suggestions Date: Sunday, January 10, 2010, 7:57 PM

Using lemons, vinegar, and baking soda as natural cleaning products in your home

By Sarah Aguirre,

One of my earliest memories is of my mother cleaning with what looked to me like cooking ingredients. She would be listening to the radio as she poured baking soda, lemon, and vinegar combinations on the surfaces of our home. Magically these natural cleaning products kept our home clean and smelling fresh, without stretching an already thin household budget. Here are a few basic household ingredients and items you can use to clean your home. Vinegar

Uses: Vinegar naturally cleans like an all-purpose cleaner. Mix a solution of 1 part water to 1 part vinegar in a new store bought spray bottle and you have a solution that will clean most areas of your home. Vinegar is a great natural cleaning product as well as a disinfectant and deodorizer. Always test on an inconspicuous area. It is safe to use on most surfaces and has the added bonus of being incredibly cheap. Improperly diluted vinegar is acidic and can eat away at tile grout. Never use vinegar on marble surfaces. Don't worry about your home smelling like vinegar. The smell disappears when it dries. Here are some uses for vinegar in the rooms of your house. Use it in the…

Bathroom - Clean the bathtub, toilet, sink, and countertops. Use pure vinegar in the toilet bowl to get rid of rings. Flush the toilet to allow the water level to go down. Pour the undiluted vinegar around the inside of the rim. Scrub down the bowl. Mop the floor in the bathroom with a vinegar/water solution. The substance will also eat away the soap scum and hard water stains on your fixtures and tile. Make sure it is safe to use with your tile. Kitchen- Clean the stovetop, appliances, countertops, and floor. Laundry Room- Use vinegar as a natural fabric softener. This can be especially helpful for families who have sensitive skin. Add ½ cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle in place of store bought fabric softener. Vinegar has the added benefit of breaking down laundry detergent more effectively. (A plus when you have a family member whose skin detects every trace of detergent.)

Lemon Juice

Uses: Lemon juice is another natural substance that can be used to clean your home. Lemon juice can be used to dissolve soap scum and hard water deposits. Lemon is a great substance to clean and shine brass and copper. Lemon juice can be mixed with vinegar and or baking soda to make cleaning pastes. Cut a lemon in half and sprinkle baking soda on the cut section. Use the lemon to scrub dishes, surfaces, and stains. Mix 1 cup olive oil with ½ cup lemon juice and you have a furniture polish for your hardwood furniture. My favorite use for the fruit is to put a whole lemon peel through the garbage disposal. It freshens the drain and the kitchen. Orange peels can be used with the same results. Baking Soda

Uses: Baking soda can be used to scrub surfaces in much the same way as commercial abrasive cleansers. Baking soda is great as a deodorizer. Place a box in the refrigerator and freezer to absorb odors. Put it anywhere you need deodorizing action. Try these three kitchen ingredients as natural cleaning products in your home.

ah

here they are cheap as all get out

then again, i can just walk down thr street and pick them

or i can try to fight of my friend who is always trying to foist a bag full of them on us

Patricia Jan 13, 2010 3:23 AM Re: vegan on the cheap suggestions

I use white vinegar in my rinse water in both my washer and my dishwasher and it works great.Lemons are for eating though because they are so expensive.Patricia--- On Sun, 1/10/10, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>Re: vegan on the cheap suggestions Date: Sunday, January 10, 2010, 7:57 PM

By Sarah Aguirre,

One of my earliest memories is of my mother cleaning with what looked to me like cooking ingredients. She would be listening to the radio as she poured baking soda, lemon, and vinegar combinations on the surfaces of our home. Magically these natural cleaning products kept our home clean and smelling fresh, without stretching an already thin household budget. Here are a few basic household ingredients and items you can use to clean your home.

Vinegar

Uses:

Vinegar naturally cleans like an all-purpose cleaner. Mix a solution of 1 part water to 1 part vinegar in a new store bought spray bottle and you have a solution that will clean most areas of your home. Vinegar is a great natural cleaning product as well as a disinfectant and deodorizer. Always test on an inconspicuous area. It is safe to use on most surfaces and has the added bonus of being incredibly cheap. Improperly diluted vinegar is acidic and can eat away at tile grout. Never use vinegar on marble surfaces. Don't worry about your home smelling like vinegar. The smell disappears when it dries. Here are some uses for vinegar in the rooms of your house. Use it in the…

Lemon Juice

Uses:

Lemon juice is another natural substance that can be used to clean your home. Lemon juice can be used to dissolve soap scum and hard water deposits. Lemon is a great substance to clean and shine brass and copper. Lemon juice can be mixed with vinegar and or baking soda to make cleaning pastes. Cut a lemon in half and sprinkle baking soda on the cut section. Use the lemon to scrub dishes, surfaces, and stains. Mix 1 cup olive oil with ½ cup lemon juice and you have a furniture polish for your hardwood furniture.

My favorite use for the fruit is to put a whole lemon peel through the garbage disposal. It freshens the drain and the kitchen. Orange peels can be used with the same results.

Baking Soda

Uses:

Baking soda can be used to scrub surfaces in much the same way as commercial abrasive cleansers. Baking soda is great as a deodorizer. Place a box in the refrigerator and freezer to absorb odors. Put it anywhere you need deodorizing action. Try these three kitchen ingredients as natural cleaning products in your home.

It seems like they should be cheap here in SO. CA, but they aren't. Sometimes I get some from someone who grows them and I'm growing a tree which has 4 on it right now. I hope they will hang on, because all the others have fallen off after they got to the size of peas.Patricia--- On Wed, 1/13/10, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: vegan on the cheap suggestions Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 8:00 AM

ah

here they are cheap as all get out

then again, i can just walk down thr street and pick them

or i can try to fight of my friend who is always trying to foist a bag full of them on us

Patricia Jan 13, 2010 3:23 AM Re: vegan on the cheap suggestions

I use white vinegar in my rinse water in both my washer and my dishwasher and it works great.Lemons are for eating though because they are so expensive.Patricia--- On Sun, 1/10/10, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>Re: vegan on the cheap suggestions@gro ups.comSunday, January 10, 2010, 7:57 PM

By Sarah Aguirre,

One of my earliest memories is of my mother cleaning with what looked to me like cooking ingredients. She would be listening to the radio as she poured baking soda, lemon, and vinegar combinations on the surfaces of our home. Magically these natural cleaning products kept our home clean and smelling fresh, without stretching an already thin household budget. Here are a few basic household ingredients and items you can use to clean your home.

Vinegar

Uses:

Vinegar naturally cleans like an all-purpose cleaner. Mix a solution of 1 part water to 1 part vinegar in a new store bought spray bottle and you have a solution that will clean most areas of your home. Vinegar is a great natural cleaning product as well as a disinfectant and deodorizer. Always test on an inconspicuous area. It is safe to use on most surfaces and has the added bonus of being incredibly cheap. Improperly diluted vinegar is acidic and can eat away at tile grout. Never use vinegar on marble surfaces. Don't worry about your home smelling like vinegar. The smell disappears when it dries. Here are some uses for vinegar in the rooms of your house. Use it in the…

Lemon Juice

Uses:

Lemon juice is another natural substance that can be used to clean your home. Lemon juice can be used to dissolve soap scum and hard water deposits. Lemon is a great substance to clean and shine brass and copper. Lemon juice can be mixed with vinegar and or baking soda to make cleaning pastes. Cut a lemon in half and sprinkle baking soda on the cut section. Use the lemon to scrub dishes, surfaces, and stains. Mix 1 cup olive oil with ½ cup lemon juice and you have a furniture polish for your hardwood furniture.

My favorite use for the fruit is to put a whole lemon peel through the garbage disposal. It freshens the drain and the kitchen. Orange peels can be used with the same results.

Baking Soda

Uses:

Baking soda can be used to scrub surfaces in much the same way as commercial abrasive cleansers. Baking soda is great as a deodorizer. Place a box in the refrigerator and freezer to absorb odors. Put it anywhere you need deodorizing action. Try these three kitchen ingredients as natural cleaning products in your home.

sprightcat Jan 10, 2010 9:35 AM @gro ups.com vegan on the cheap suggestions

To send an email to -

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional

Change settings via the Web ( ID required)

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured

Visit Your Group |

Terms of Use

|

Un

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to