IndiaDivine.org

People with WAYYY too much time on their hands....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Forgive me if someone already noticed this.

On January 10, an article appeared in the New York Times (which I get in Utah, where I just moved to, because the Mormon Church dominates all the other newspapers), called "The New Caveman and the City". In it, these guys have decided that they are going to eat healthy by eating what "prehistoric man" ate. I will give you the link in a minute, but here are some quotes from the article:

"...The one thing that Mr. Durant worries might spook a female guest is his most recent purchase: a three-foot-tall refrigerated meat locker that sits in a corner of his living room. That is where he keeps his organ meat and deer ribs.

Mr. Durant, 26, who works in online advertising, is part of a small New York subculture whose members seek good health through a selective return to the habits of their Paleolithic ancestors.

Or as he and some of his friends describe themselves, they are cavemen."

And then, the young man in the article goes on---

"....The caveman lifestyle, in Mr. Durant’s interpretation, involves eating large quantities of meat and then fasting between meals to approximate the lean times that his distant ancestors faced between hunts. Vegetables and fruit are fine, but he avoids foods like bread that were unavailable before the invention of agriculture. Mr. Durant believes the human body evolved for a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, and his goal is to wean himself off what he sees as many millenniums of bad habits.

These urban cavemen also choose exercise routines focused on sprinting and jumping, to replicate how a prehistoric person might have fled from a mastodon.

In a city crowded with vegetarian restaurants and yoga studios, the cavemen defy other people’s ideas of healthy living. There is an indisputable macho component to the lifestyle.

“I didn’t want to do some faddish diet that my sister would do,†Mr. Durant said."

Now, I almost am speechless, but I am going to give ya'll the link for the article so you can find it yourself and form your own opinion. I don't EVEN know how to face this.

HERE'S THE LINK:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/fashion/10caveman.html?emc=eta1

Cyn

ah, the caveman diet.

thats so 2005,,,,,,

ha

anyways, i'll defer to yarrow on this one, as her favorite people (Weston Price) are huge proponents of the so called "paleolithic diet"

i've ranted enough about this in the past.,

cheers

fraggle

cyn84074 Jan 20, 2010 6:53 PM People with WAYYY too much time on their hands....

On January 10, an article appeared in the New York Times (which I get in Utah, where I just moved to, because the Mormon Church dominates all the other newspapers), called "The New Caveman and the City". In it, these guys have decided that they are going to eat healthy by eating what "prehistoric man" ate. I will give you the link in a minute, but here are some quotes from the article:

"...The one thing that Mr. Durant worries might spook a female guest is his most recent purchase: a three-foot-tall refrigerated meat locker that sits in a corner of his living room. That is where he keeps his organ meat and deer ribs.

Mr. Durant, 26, who works in online advertising, is part of a small New York subculture whose members seek good health through a selective return to the habits of their Paleolithic ancestors.

"....The caveman lifestyle, in Mr. Durant’s interpretation, involves eating large quantities of meat and then fasting between meals to approximate the lean times that his distant ancestors faced between hunts. Vegetables and fruit are fine, but he avoids foods like bread that were unavailable before the invention of agriculture. Mr. Durant believes the human body evolved for a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, and his goal is to wean himself off what he sees as many millenniums of bad habits.

These urban cavemen also choose exercise routines focused on sprinting and jumping, to replicate how a prehistoric person might have fled from a mastodon.

In a city crowded with vegetarian restaurants and yoga studios, the cavemen defy other people’s ideas of healthy living. There is an indisputable macho component to the lifestyle.

“I didn’t want to do some faddish diet that my sister would do,†Mr. Durant said."

Now, I almost am speechless, but I am going to give ya'll the link for the article so you can find it yourself and form your own opinion. I don't EVEN know how to face this.

HERE'S THE LINK:

Cyn

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Thanks, yarrow. I LOVED the last line I quoted from this doofus below which said he "didn't want to follow faddish diets like his sister."

Cyn

In a message dated 1/20/2010 9:04:47 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, yarrow writes:

And don't forget the short life spans of cavemen -- hey, dying young is part of the lifestyle!

I also assume the "new cavemen" are foregoing medical care -- there were no hospitals in prehistoric times -- and will refuse treatment when they get heart disease and cancer. And of course no medical insurance!

And our eyes were not made for staring at immobile screens, so they'll have to give up their computers and their online jobs, too.

At 6:53 PM -0500 1/20/10, cyn84074 (AT) aol (DOT) com wrote:

"....The caveman lifestyle, in Mr. Durant's interpretation, involves eating large quantities of meat and then fasting between meals to approximate the lean times that his distant ancestors faced between hunts. Vegetables and fruit are fine, but he avoids foods like bread that were unavailable before the invention of agriculture. Mr. Durant believes the human body evolved for a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, and his goal is to wean himself off what he sees as many millenniums of bad habits.

In a city crowded with vegetarian restaurants and yoga studios, the cavemen defy other people's ideas of healthy living. There is an indisputable macho component to the lifestyle.

"I didn't want to do some faddish diet that my sister would do," Mr. Durant said."

HERE'S THE LINK:

Cyn

And don't forget the short life spans of cavemen -- hey, dying

young is part of the lifestyle!

I also assume the " new cavemen " are foregoing medical

care -- there were no hospitals in prehistoric times -- and will

refuse treatment when they get heart disease and cancer. And of course

no medical insurance!

And our eyes were not made for staring at immobile screens, so

they'll have to give up their computers and their online jobs,

too.

At 6:53 PM -0500 1/20/10, cyn84074 wrote:

On January 10, an article appeared in the New York Times (which I

get in Utah, where I just moved to, because the Mormon Church

dominates all the other newspapers), called " The New Caveman

and the City " . In it, these guys have decided that they are

going to eat healthy by eating what " prehistoric man " ate.

I will give you the link in a minute, but here are some quotes from

the article:

" ...The one thing that Mr. Durant worries might spook a

female guest is his most recent purchase: a three-foot-tall

refrigerated meat locker that sits in a corner of his living room.

That is where he keeps his organ meat and deer ribs.

Mr. Durant, 26, who works in online advertising, is part of a

small New York subculture whose members seek good health through a

selective return to the habits of their Paleolithic ancestors.

Or as he and some of his friends describe themselves, they are

cavemen. "

" ....The caveman lifestyle, in Mr. Durant's

interpretation, involves eating large quantities of meat and then

fasting between meals to approximate the lean times that his distant

ancestors faced between hunts. Vegetables and fruit are fine, but he

avoids foods like bread that were unavailable before the invention of

agriculture. Mr. Durant believes the human body evolved for a

hunter-gatherer lifestyle, and his goal is to wean himself off what he

sees as many millenniums of bad habits.

These urban cavemen also choose exercise routines focused on

sprinting and jumping, to replicate how a prehistoric person might

have fled from a mastodon.

In a city crowded with vegetarian restaurants and yoga studios, the cavemen defy other people's ideas of

healthy living. There is an indisputable macho component to the

lifestyle.

"I didn't want to do some faddish diet that my sister would

do," Mr. Durant said. "

Now, I almost am speechless, but I am going to give ya'll the

link for the article so you can find it yourself and form your own

opinion. I don't EVEN know how to face this.

HERE'S THE LINK:

Cyn

I find the idea fascinating. Paleos probably did eat that way and I sometimes feel that being vegan is actually a luxury, because if we had to struggle to survive, we'd eat whatever was available and be glad we had it. Humans can survive on all kinds of diets, that's why we're still here. I hope I never have to eat that way, though.Patricia--- On Wed, 1/20/10, cyn84074 <cyn84074 wrote:cyn84074 <cyn84074 People with WAYYY too much time on their hands.... Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 3:53 PM

HERE'S THE LINK:

Cyn

They had short life spans because they led dangerous lives.Patricia--- On Wed, 1/20/10, yarrow <yarrow wrote:yarrow <yarrowRe: People with WAYYY too much time on their hands.... Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 6:41 PM

Re: People with WAYYY too much time on

their

And don't forget the short life spans of cavemen -- hey, dying

young is part of the lifestyle!

I also assume the "new cavemen" are foregoing medical

care -- there were no hospitals in prehistoric times -- and will

refuse treatment when they get heart disease and cancer. And of course

no medical insurance!

And our eyes were not made for staring at immobile screens, so

they'll have to give up their computers and their online jobs,

too.

At 6:53 PM -0500 1/20/10, cyn84074 wrote:

On January 10, an article appeared in the New York Times (which I

get in Utah, where I just moved to, because the Mormon Church

dominates all the other newspapers), called "The New Caveman

and the City". In it, these guys have decided that they are

going to eat healthy by eating what "prehistoric man" ate.

I will give you the link in a minute, but here are some quotes from

the article:

"...The one thing that Mr. Durant worries might spook a

female guest is his most recent purchase: a three-foot-tall

refrigerated meat locker that sits in a corner of his living room.

That is where he keeps his organ meat and deer ribs.

Mr. Durant, 26, who works in online advertising, is part of a

small New York subculture whose members seek good health through a

selective return to the habits of their Paleolithic ancestors.

Or as he and some of his friends describe themselves, they are

cavemen."

"....The caveman lifestyle, in Mr. Durant's

interpretation, involves eating large quantities of meat and then

fasting between meals to approximate the lean times that his distant

ancestors faced between hunts. Vegetables and fruit are fine, but he

avoids foods like bread that were unavailable before the invention of

agriculture. Mr. Durant believes the human body evolved for a

hunter-gatherer lifestyle, and his goal is to wean himself off what he

sees as many millenniums of bad habits.

These urban cavemen also choose exercise routines focused on

sprinting and jumping, to replicate how a prehistoric person might

have fled from a mastodon.

In a city crowded with vegetarian restaurants and yoga studios, the cavemen defy other people's ideas of

healthy living. There is an indisputable macho component to the

lifestyle.

"I didn't want to do some faddish diet that my sister would

do," Mr. Durant said."

Now, I almost am speechless, but I am going to give ya'll the

link for the article so you can find it yourself and form your own

opinion. I don't EVEN know how to face this.

HERE'S THE LINK:

Cyn