IndiaDivine.org

Please help with vegan mayo

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I feel like my sandwiches, pitas and wraps need some moisture and mustard alone is not enough - I need mayo. It's pretty pricey at the store so I did what I do best: Google. I found a few different recipes that all had more or less the same ingredients so I thought I'd give it a try. It calls for soy milk but I only had almond milk. I didn't think it would make any difference since the oil is what's supposed to thicken the mixture, or so it would seem based on the instructions. However, no matter how long I blended, low or high, it would not thicken. Could it be the milk or is there a trick to it? This is the recipe:

Ingredients:

3 tbsp lemon juice 1/2 cup soy milk 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp paprika 1/4 tsp mustard 6 tbsp vegetable oil

Preparation:

Put all the ingredients except the oil in a blender. Blend on the lowest speed. Gradually - one drop at a time - add the oil until the mixture starts to thicken. Continue blending until thickened and smooth. Transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator.

Katie