Morgan's Veggie Patties

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I made these yesterday with mixed results. The flavor was good, but I

think the beans needed to be processed a little in a food processor and

I saw no need for the small amount of artichoke or black olives. also,

I will use dehydrated parsley if I make them again. there are an awful

lot of ingredients and it took more time than I like to spend on a

recipe. If you do a search for the recipe, you can read all the comments, most of which are very positive.

PatriciaFoodNetwork.comMorgan's Veggie PattiesRecipe courtesy Guy Fieri, 2008Prep Time: 45 minInactive Prep Time: 30 minCook Time: 6 minLevel: IntermediateServes: 4 servingsIngredients * 2 ounces olive oil * 3 tablespoons diced red onion * 2 tablespoons diced black olives * 2 tablespoons diced red bell peppers * 1 teaspoon diced jalapeno * 1 1/2 tablespoons diced garlic * 1 tablespoon diced artichoke * 4 ounces black beans, drained * 4 ounces chickpeas, drained * 4 ounces white beans,

drained * 6 ounces rolled oats * 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika * 1/2 teaspoon chili powder * 1 teaspoon dried oregano * 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves * 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes * 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin * 1/2 teaspoon celery salt * 1/4 teaspoon ground sage * 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs * 1 eggDirectionsIn a medium saute pan over medium heat, add 1-ounce olive oil and all raw vegetables except beans. Saute until translucent. Remove and cool.Add veggies to beans and mix thoroughly. Add all dry ingredients along with the egg. Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into 4 patties, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.In saute pan add 1-ounce olive oil, and cook

patties 2 to 3 minutes per side.Printed from FoodNetwork.com on Sat Feb 06 2010